How does faith overcome the world?

There is that true faith, which is saving faith. And there is that temporary faith.

Saving faith has it root in the regenerate heart and the temporary believer has no root within himself because he lacks a regenerate heart, so his faith does not proceed from the innermost depths of his being but has its seat in his emotions.

There is that true faith, which is saving faith. And there is that temporary faith.

Saving faith has it root in the regenerate heart and the temporary believer has no root within himself because he lacks a regenerate heart, so his faith does not proceed from the innermost depths of his being but has its seat in his emotions.
So, how can we clearly distinguish between that which rises from our feelings (emotions) and that which rises from regenerate hearts?

Last edited:
I think discernment and a witness of Life recognizing Life is required. However, the tares grow along with the wheat.
Indeed.

I’d say, the religion of the temporary believer is controlled by selfish motives. The essential trait is pretty much out and out selfishness.
it accepts Christianity as long as it is beneficial in various ways.
But as soon as Christianity involves tribulation and suffering and self denial ect… it becomes a problem and shows itself.

Think about it, how difficult is self denial for an unregenerate?
Christianity appeals to them as long as it promotes their own satisfaction.

Indeed.

I’d say, the religion of the temporary believer is controlled by selfish motives. The essential trait is pretty much out and out selfishness.
But as soon as Christianity involves tribulation and suffering and self denial ect… it becomes a problem and shows itself.

In order for the change you infer to take place, death and the New Life outworking are required. This is Christ working in us. The fruit that is resulting outwardly, due to a very real inward fruit is unique and organic.

In order for the change you infer to take place, death and the New Life outworking are required. This is Christ working in us. The fruit that is resulting outwardly, due to a very real inward fruit is unique and organic.
Amen!

Indeed.

I wish to add something of an observation. Brother josheb often suggests cals and arms do not know what those guys actually believed. What I have noted from the arm side is more about a’reaction’ against cals rather than a grounded belief. I think that reaction is a spritual thing with its root in pride. Pride in the illusion of their free will And self-determination.

I wish to add something of an observation. Brother josheb often suggests cals and arms do not know what those guys actually believed. What I have noted from the arm side is more about a’reaction’ against cals rather than a grounded belief. I think that reaction is a spritual thing with its root in pride. Pride in the illusion of their free will And self-determination.
Indeed!

I am not a Calvinist. I arrived at my conclusions sans Calvin, although since, I have studied him.
Biblacist….biblisist…biblecist
That’s cool bro, one does not have to be a cal or an arm to be saved! I enjoy your posts.

Back