How does God make a person "elect" and a "child of God"?

Tercon

Is there something that God does to influence someone that is ignorant (a unbeliever) of God's reality that makes them "elect" and a child of God?

And if so, then what is it that He does that accomplishes this feat?

Is there something that God does to influence someone that is ignorant (a unbeliever) of God's reality ...
Creation testifying, law written in their hearts, conscience bearing witness ...
Rom 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

... that makes them "elect" and a child of God?
You mean aside from Holy Spirit inspired scripture, the power of God unto salvation to all who believe?

Creation testifying, law written in their hearts, conscience bearing witness ...
Rom 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

You mean aside from Holy Spirit inspired scripture, the power of God unto salvation to all who believe?

So, God used belief and a believing mind in order to make Himself known to believers and create His children in His image and likeness?

I hope you realize that those verses witness to the fact that all those efforts did not change man.

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

So you can't use these influences as example of God actually electing anyone.

I'm not saying that the Gospel isn't the power of God to save, I am saying that what you're claiming as evidence doesn't actually prove what you want it to prove.

As much as I desire to see all men believe, the fact is, they don't. The fact is, the majority reject God. These verses you're using were Paul's means to establish the wholesale sinfulness of the sinner. It is the prelude to the facts of "all have sinned and come SHORT of the Glory of God.

The chosen is Jesus Christ. "Mine Elect". God work in/by Himself.

Last edited:
I hope you realize that those verses witness to the fact that all those efforts did not change man.

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

So you can't use these influences as example of God actually electing anyone.

I'm not saying that the Gospel isn't the power of God to save, I am saying that what you're claiming as evidence doesn't actually prove what you want it to prove.

As much as I desire to all men believe, the fact is, they don't. The fact is, the majority reject God. The verses you're using were Paul's means to establish the wholesale sinfulness of the sinner. It is the prelude to the facts of "all have sinned and come SHORT of the Glory of God.

The chosen is Jesus Christ. "Mine Elect". God work in/by Himself.

ah, you must be feeling better today.

Good observation. And you will notice what does make a person "elect" and a "child of God" is believing.

So, God used belief and a believing mind in order to make Himself known to believers and create His children in His image and likeness?
God's witnesses testify of God's existence, so they are without excuse; they can either believe the truth, or hold the truth in unrighteousness.

Is holding the truth in unrighteousness "unbelief"?

it could be to begin with - from birth /

environment / past / upbringing /ect. -

they are not as righteous to begin with

[seeing the truth -- but too entrenched]

i.e. - not Israel - those who believe / are

taught the laws -- and believed them

moreso than others were taught/ learned --

those who are not exactly of the World

Last edited:
Is there something that God does to influence someone that is ignorant (a unbeliever) of God's reality that makes them "elect" and a child of God?

Have you read about Lydia?

What is a "believing mind"? Can you define that and cite scripture that teaches this.
I am not doubting you, but want to be on the same page with you.

One understanding iswhile God knows who will be saved, it is not until a person is in Christ that they become elect.
The concept is common in the New Testament.
In Christ there is redemption, so only in Chrisr are we redeemed
In Christ is forgiveness, so only in Christ are we forgiven
Christ being the true Chosen(elect) One, passes that to us when we are in Him. So when we come to Christ, when we receive Him and He indwells us. then we take on being elect from Him.

One understanding iswhile God knows who will be saved, it is not until a person is in Christ that they become elect.

Do you mean that "it is not until a person" believes in and with Christ that they become elect?

The concept is common in the New Testament.
In Christ there is redemption, so only in Chrisr are we redeemed
In Christ is forgiveness, so only in Christ are we forgiven
Christ being the true Chosen(elect) One, passes that to us when we are in Him. So when we come to Christ, when we receive Him and He indwells us. then we take on being elect from Him.

Yes, when we believe in accordance with what Christ believes all of that is bestowed to us as believers.

Back