How Eternal Life is Maintained

Hi Formersda,

Thanks for the link, although I'm not sure why you shared it.

Of course you're going to disagree with the biblical definition of soul as it goes contrary to your predetermined belief system. If you have an alternate source that provides a definition of soul more to your liking I'd love to see it. However I'm surmising you can't find such a source. In that case you don't get to just wave off a definition of soul just cuz you don't prefer it.

But no, you didn't answer my question. You're continuing to neglect addressing the fact that you said the above belief was something expressed solely in the writings of EGW and NOT in the Bible. I'm not seeing that you're acknowledging the fallacy of this position.

Third time:
  1. According to Genesis 2:7 is it true that DUST + BREATH = LIVING BEING (soul/nephesh)?
  2. Is it true that what you claimed previously about the above premise being "an EGW quote and not in the Bible" is actually false?
God bless.
Actually I’ve had a think about this and I know what the heart of the issue is here.

For you, you cannot accept the clear writing of scripture about life after death otherwise you would have to deny the investigative judgement.

Job
And Job answered and said,

2 No doubt but ye are the people,
and wisdom shall die with you.

For there is hope of a tree,
if it be cut down, that it will sprout again,
and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
8 Though the root thereof wax old in the earth,
and the stock thereof die in the ground;

9 Yet through the scent of water it will bud,
and bring forth boughs like a plant.

10 But man dieth, and wasteth away:
yea, man giveth up the ghost,
and where is he?

So man lieth down, and riseth not:
till the heavens be no more,
they shall not awake,
nor be raised out of their sleep.

13 O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave,
that thou wouldest keep me secret,
they shall not awake,
until thy wrath be past,
that thou wouldest appoint me a set time,
and remember me!

14 If a man die, shall he live again?
all the days of my appointed time will I wait,
till my change come.

15 Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee:
thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.

And he said unto Jesus,
Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.​

that thou wouldest appoint me a set time,
and remember me!

when will that be ???

they shall not awake,
until thy wrath be past,
and
when thou (Christ) comest into thy kingdom.

Rev.21
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth:
for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away;
and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem,
coming down from God out of heaven,
prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Actually I’ve had a think about this and I know what the heart of the issue is here.

For you, you cannot accept the clear writing of scripture about life after death otherwise you would have to deny the investigative judgement.

Hi Formersda,

Feel free to keep drawing attention to the fact you can't acknowledge your own errors. Why would someone wish to follow anything you say when you can't even admit a mistake? But maybe it wasn't a mistake and you knew it wasn't true even as you posted it? It doesn't matter to me. What does matter is that it reveals the vacuous nature of the formersda position in that they must invent reasons to mock and deride the plain truth which Adventists embrace. Mock on, but you still can't/won't answer my two simple questions.

Fourth time:
  1. According to Genesis 2:7 is it true that DUST + BREATH = LIVING BEING (soul/nephesh)?
  2. Is it true that what you claimed previously about the above premise being "an EGW quote and not in the Bible" is actually false?
God bless.

Back