How Eternal Life is Maintained

Basic fundamental teaching gnostic. He died for our sins, was buried and was raised on the third day. 1 Cor 15:1-6

Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God; Rom 8:34

I stated that through Jesus we have access to God.
And, once made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey the gospel, believe in Him; Heb 5:9

Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, endure in the faith;

Not giving up assembling together in the household of faith, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day of the Lord Jesus approaching. Heb 10

But as for those enemies of Mine who did not want Me to be reign over them—bring them here and slay them, cast them out of My presence. Luke 19:27

Whereas, our justification came through Jesus Christ. This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe...and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. Rom 3

As someone outside of the new covenant in Christ Jesus.
Christ Jesus is the fulfillment of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. Rom 10:4
Through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. Rom 8

Before conversion, Paul was indeed devoid of the Spirit of Christ Jesus as you are, headed to perdition.

When he had received spiritual food, he was strengthened. Immediately he preached that the Christ is the Son of God;
Paul also increased in strength [If we endure, We shall also reign with Him] and confounded the Jews, proving that this Jesus is the Christ. Acts 9:19-22

Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Hi JonHawk,

I'm not sure what the point is of all this either, but thanks for the bump!

Restoration
On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him.
They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever. Rev 22
Proverbs 11:30

And they shall call them The Holy People, The Redeemed of the Lord. Isaiah 62:12
You shall be named the priests of the Lord Christ Jesus, and the servants of our God. Isaiah 61:6
I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness; Isaiah 61:10

He gave me the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit. Rom 15:16

Thanks for the bump!

Hi JonHawk,

I'm not sure what the point is of all this, but thanks for the bump!
It's about what happens when you think you can get to God through human endeavors instead of faith in Christ Jesus.

Because they did not pursue it by faith they stumbled at that stumbling stone.
33 As it is written: “Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone..." Rom 9
This poster conjectures that he became one with god at the tree of knowledge, Gen 3:22,
and fails to see how he missed the mark.

If Jesus Christ is not risen, you are still in your sins , in your guilty gnostic >"path of evolution of your conscience".

All the prophets testified of Jesus Christ, That Jesus Christ is the judge of the living and dead gnostic who rejects Jesus Christ.
Everyone who believes in Jesus Christ receives forgiveness;
While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the Word. Acts 10:34-44
Gary Mac said:
And for you he is not risen, are you stilll not waiting for him to come out of that grave someday and save you? LOL
Basic fundamental teaching gnostic. He died for our sins, was buried and was raised on the third day. 1 Cor 15:1-6
Gary Mac said:
If he is risen then why are you still waiting for him to be?
Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God; Rom 8:34
Gary Mac said:
And you reject his ways to be like him for sure. His ways are gnostic just as you stated.
And, once made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey the gospel, believe in Him; Heb 5:9
Gary Mac said:
Beliefs are not real only speculation. The only reality is God manifest in you to open up all of His heaven in you.
Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, endure in the faith;
Gary Mac said:
Im justified the same way Jesus was in Matt 3:16 by God Himself coming and opening up who He is and all of His heaven in me.
Not giving up assembling together in the household of faith, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day of the Lord Jesus approaching. Heb 10
Gary Mac said:
Jim Jones and David Koresh was justified by their faith in Jesus Christ just as Paul was by the same faith. As for me my justification came the same way He justified Jesus in Matt 3:16.
But as for those enemies of Mine who did not want Me to be reign over them—bring them here and slay them, cast them out of My presence. Luke 19:27

Whereas, our justification came through Jesus Christ. This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe...and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. Rom 3
Gary Mac said:
Lawlessness? As the Catholics?...
Christ Jesus is the fulfillment of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. Rom 10:4
Through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. Rom 8
Gary Mac said:
Paul never walk in the light of Gods mind, he always walked in the darkness of sin and made up his own rules to govern his beliefs
Before conversion, Paul was indeed devoid of the Spirit of Christ Jesus as you are, headed to perdition.

When he had received spiritual food, he was strengthened. Immediately he preached that the Christ is the Son of God;
Paul also increased in strength [If we endure, We shall also reign with Him] and confounded the Jews, proving that this Jesus is Christ the Savior. Acts 9:19-22

Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Last edited:
It's about what happens when you think you can get to God through human endeavors instead of faith in Christ Jesus.

Because they did not pursue it by faith they stumbled at that stumbling stone.
33 As it is written: “Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone..." Rom 9

Paul also increased in strength [If we endure, We shall also reign with Him] and confounded the Jews, proving that this Jesus is Christ the Savior. Acts 9:19-22

Another strange response which has little to do with the conversation at hand. But again, thanks for the bump!

Tell that fox that on the third day I shall be glorified. Luke 13:32
Gary Mac said:
You preach Pauls ways in sin, not Jesus ways in righteousness. Jesus ways is to walk in the perfections of the Father, not the sinner that you guys are of.
What I received I passed on to you. Here is what it is. Christ died for our sins, he was buried, and rose again the third day 1 Cor 15:3-4
Gary Mac said:
Absolutely just as we all do who has from God that what he had from Him.
The rulers delivered Him to be condemned to death, and crucified Him. But we were hoping that it was He who was going to redeem Israel. What is more, this is now the third day...Then He said to them, “O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory? Luke 24 :20-26

Now as they pondered these things, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and said to them, “Peace to you.” Luke 24:36

Behold! upon the mountains the Messenger of the covenant of peace. keep your solemn feast; for the wicked will be utterly cut off. Nahum 1:15
Gary Mac said:
We walk on these storms of life and calm them and rest in the same peace Jesus had in the Father.
"I create praise on their lips. Peace, peace, to those far and near,”
says the Lord. “And I will heal them.”
But the wicked are like the troubled sea; for it cannot rest, and its waters cast up mire and mud.
“There is no peace,” says my God, “for the wicked.” Isa 57:19-21
Another strange response which has little to do with the conversation at hand. But again, thanks for the bump!
The conversation at hand/topic of the thread has to do with "maintaining salvation" which is an impossibility for the enemies of the cross/faith such as my gnostic friend G. Mac.

9/23/22 at 7:24 AM
JonHawk said:
Dead to Sin, Alive to God
So that just as Christ Jesus was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also walk in newness of life. Rom 6:4
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Rom 6:23
Gary Mac said:
If sin is in your life as you say then God has died in you.
Top of the morning to you gnostic. I see you started with your lame jedi mind tricks bright and early, giving me credit for what I did not say.
Gary Mac said:
Paul was a sinner and admired it, struggled with it, did the things he didnt want to do.
If Paul was busy admiring his self-righteous rags, (Isa 64:6) he would not have been preaching the gospel, redemption through the Son of God. (Eph 1:7)
Gary Mac said:
You dont know what sin is because you do not know what it is to be the righteousness of God.
It's not rocket science gnostic. The self-righteous continue in sin and those justified by God are made righteous, "Their righteousness is from Me,” Says the Lord. Isa 54:17
Gary Mac said:
If God is your life then sin has died, and the only explanation for why God sent Jesus that His ways for sin and righteousness, but because Gods ways are gnostic for you. You are advocate for sin just as Paul was.
You need to be steadfast, so that according to the will of God you may receive what was promised.
For, In just a little while, he who is coming will come
and will not delay. The righteous live by faith. Heb 10:23-39
Gary Mac said:
Sin is not a defect it ia a fact. Sin is a direct mutiny against God and either sin or God must die in your life. It is one or the other.
See to it brethren, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. Heb 3:12

Last edited:
The conversation at hand/topic of the thread has to do with "maintaining salvation" which is an impossibility for the enemies of the cross/faith such as my gnostic friend G. Mac.

Hi JonHawk,

Icy, said the blind man. Thanks for helping clarify that for me. (y)

God bless!

Jon Hawk:
"I create praise on their lips. Peace, peace, to those far and near,”
says the Lord. “And I will heal them.”
But the wicked are like the troubled sea; for it cannot rest, and its waters cast up mire and mud.
“There is no peace,” says my God, “for the wicked.” Isa 57:19-21

My servants shall eat and shall drink; Isa 65:12-13
They all ate the same spiritual food and all drank the same spiritual drink from the rock, Christ; 1 Cor 10:4
Hi JonHawk,

Icy, said the blind man. Thanks for helping clarify that for me. (y)

God bless!
Anytime Ellenite.

They are their own witnesses; They neither see nor know. Isa 44:9

For we also have received the good news just as they did. But some did not believe the word; Heb 4:2

But to those who do not believe, The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone,” 1 Peter 2:7

Last edited:
His nature is life…He is Life
and the gorgeous ness of the tree is to be close to God
… and melt with love for God…
and getting to stay with Him forever
as will all His sons and daughters who got separated from Him
by the evil satanic realm,
it’s not about ‘me me’ getting to live
forever…
it’s about staying with God forever
in paradise
and never be separated from Him again
He is our shiloh and rest

Last edited:
His nature is life…He is Life
and the gorgeous ness of the tree is to be close to God
… and melt with love for God…
and getting to stay with Him forever
as will all His sons and daughters who got separated from Him
by the evil satanic realm,
it’s not about ‘me me’ getting to live
forever…
it’s about staying with God forever
in paradise
and never be separated from Him again
He is our shiloh and rest

This sounds like new age propaganda nonsense. This is the kind of answer to the question of how eternal life is maintained someone who doesn't believe in the authority of Scripture would give.

God is the authority of His own words…
God is the authority of His scripture.

He is my authority and my God
… and I will not disobey the commandment
He gave to us as the first commandment.

God is the authority of His own words…
God is the authority of His scripture.

He is my authority and my God
… and I will not disobey the commandment
He gave to us as the first commandment.

Hi eve21,

There are many people who honor God with their lips but He says their hearts are far from Him. If you displace the words of God in favor of your own new age impressions then your heart is far from Him. For someone to claim they do not disobey the first commandment while at the same time freely manipulating the main and plain meaning of the Scriptures indicates someone who is disconnected from the Vine.

When God's word indicates that only He alone is immortal how do you understand that simple fact? Does alone mean alone or do you pour new meaning into this word? When discussing things with cultists we always need to discuss simple terms because they are not satisfied in letting the Bible read in its normative sense.

1 Timothy 6:15, 16
God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see.

I am grateful to God only He will judge.

i don’t belong to any cult. I am alone, and
an older housebound person who you are attacking.

Hi eve21,

There are many people who honor God with their lips but He says their hearts are far from Him. If you displace the words of God in favor of your own new age impressions then your heart is far from Him. For someone to claim they do not disobey the first commandment while at the same time freely manipulating the main and plain meaning of the Scriptures indicates someone who is disconnected from the Vine.

When God's word indicates that only He alone is immortal how do you understand that simple fact? Does alone mean alone or do you pour new meaning into this word? When discussing things with cultists we always need to discuss simple terms because they are not satisfied in letting the Bible read in its normative sense.
Why do you take anything that disagrees with what you have to say as a personal attack?
Please reread what what said to me, quoted here. Note the unkind things marked in green. Scroll back and see what she replied to. Then you can tell me if it was not a personal attack. Who do you suppose those remarks are directed to if not me? What in my post said anything that required such a response (noted in green). Thanks. Nothing I posted needed that kind of overarching hammer type of response. She was no simply disagreeing on some point, but was giving more extensive personal opinions/judgments about me. All she has to do is ignore me if she feels that way.

Last edited:
Hi eve21,

1 Timothy 6:15, 16
God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see.
God alone is immortal, but He promises us that if we believe in Jesus Christ as our Savior, we have eternal life now. Not at some point in the future, now.

And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life. And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.
1 John 5:11-15 ESV

“For God so loved the world,i that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 ESV

Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. John 5:24 ESV

There are so many other passages that tell us the same thing.

Please reread what what said to me, quoted here. Note the unkind things marked in green. Scroll back and see what she replied to. Then you can tell me if it was not a personal attack. Who do you suppose those remarks are directed to if not me? What in my post said anything that required such a response (noted in green). Thanks. Nothing I posted needed that kind of overarching hammer type of response. She was no simply disagreeing on some point, but was giving more extensive personal opinions/judgments about me. All she has to do is ignore me if she feels that way.
This is not a personal attack, but if I were you, I'd try and grow some thicker skin. That post seemed pretty mild.

This is not a personal attack, but if I were you, I'd try and grow some thicker skin. That post seemed pretty mild.
I understand what you are saying...
(to the point where) these days people speak very rough to each other and are desensitized to it...
all over the net people are very harsh to each other and view that as normal..
but i don't.

I'm old school and used to the earlier times before internet when people were polite and kind...
and I guess I will stay that way. I like not having a 'thick skin'.

I have no problem with anyone disagreeing on a specific point..
i've debated at conferences at universities and managed just fine..
but no one there would have said what gets said here.

thanks for the advice. And I didn't take it badly. How could I, as it didn't have the same
type of content or tone as the text I highlighted for you to review.

Last edited:
I am grateful to God only He will judge.

i don’t belong to any cult. I am alone, and
an older housebound person who you are attacking.

Hi eve21,

Nope, not attacking. For those who understand and correctly apply the word of God we know that the Bible tells Christians that we are to correct and rebuke those who promote false teachings. There are plenty of false teachings in this forum, but at least most ppl appear to be merely confused about what the Bible says.

As I recall by your own admission you have been rebuked by CARM admins for your false teachings and have admitted that you cannot spout your unbiblical beliefs as freely as you'd like.

Hi eve21,

Nope, not attacking. For those who understand and correctly apply the word of God we know that the Bible tells Christians that we are to correct and rebuke those who promote false teachings. There are plenty of false teachings in this forum, but at least most ppl appear to be merely confused about what the Bible says.

As I recall by your own admission you have been rebuked by CARM admins for your false teachings and have admitted that you cannot spout your unbiblical beliefs as freely as you'd like.

do take care.
trib starts soon.

God alone is immortal, but He promises us that if we believe in Jesus Christ as our Savior, we have eternal life now. Not at some point in the future, now.

And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life. And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him. 1 John 5:11-15 ESV

“For God so loved the world,i that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 ESV

Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. John 5:24 ESV

There are so many other passages that tell us the same thing.

Hi Common Tater,

Tell me more about John 3:16, especially the part about, "whoever believes in him should not perish . . ." There are many people who have believed in Him who have perished, thus this text requires some nuancing in order to understand it correctly.

If you have Jesus then ultimately you have life, because He is life. You don't have immortal life built into you. Jesus will give the redeemed access to the tree of life when He takes them with Him to heaven.

In John 6:35 Jesus says, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty." If you go with a literal reading of this verse you are compelled to believe that if you have a come to Jesus moment then you "will never go hungry" and you will "never be thirsty." I'm surmising that you've had regular occasions to be both.

The problem here is that you are dismissing the explicit texts which indicate that God ALONE is immortal and are seeking to overturn this clear imperative in favor of believing that everyone is inherently immortal. What then is the purpose of the tree of life? Is it a literal tree? Or are you going to claim the tree is hypothetical or theoretical?

I pray this helps.

Back