How is God's faithfulness taught to young believers?

bigthinker

By example.
Neither of my parents were very religious, but my mother was the most selfless, cheerful, kind, person on the planet.
Those aren't God-like qualities; God is not selfless, He's self absorbed. Cheerful? Is there a reason to think that someone who basically failed creation would be cheerful? I doubt it. Kind? Wiping out an entire planet's worth of life doesn't seem kind -sure, he may have been protecting them from a less suffering....
I think I learned of Faithfulness, reliability, trustworthiness, etc. from her. She didn’t verbally teach it, instead she lived it. Somehow that translated into my relationship with God. If I did not have a good parent to demonstrate what God is like then I am not sure I would be who I am today.
I find it interesting that you didn't' learn what God is like directly from God. Its always some kind of metaphor.
It's interesting.

Authentic Nouveau

How is wisdom of God's faithfulness, reliability, trustworthiness etc imparted to children or young believers?
What methods do Christian teachers employ, what are the methods?
Role models. On a good Sunday our 20+ yellow buses bring sometimes over a 1,000 children to church whose parents do not come. We have half a dozen daughter churches started by kids that grew in The Lord and started new churches. Our current Pastor was a brat in Sunday School as a kid. Can you become a Pro golfer by playing golf on a PC?

Furion

I thought you were from the US, who don't bother with white flags but just run away.
I see, things are difficult for you perhaps?

Are you from France?

I like the French, they helped patriots when it mattered and their accent is cool.

They have a stereotype in the US for white flags, and that's ok.

From what I hear Americans own nearly every other bad stereotype so I think the French will be ok. They can just whip up a sauce and eat steak and truffles, or whatever it is they do.

Temujin

I see, things are difficult for you perhaps?

Are you from France?

I like the French, they helped patriots when it mattered and their accent is cool.

They have a stereotype in the US for white flags, and that's ok.

From what I hear Americans own nearly every other bad stereotype so I think the French will be ok. They can just whip up a sauce and eat steak and truffles, or whatever it is they do.
Odd. Here the French are stereotyped with romantic gallantry on the losing side. It is the Italians who are regarded as the purveyors of white flags.

Furion

Odd. Here the French are stereotyped with romantic gallantry on the losing side. It is the Italians who are regarded as the purveyors of white flags.
Italians are stereotyped for spaghetti and the mafia. My wife is Italian and I think it came with a fighting spirit, to say it nicely.

Temujin

Italians are stereotyped for spaghetti and the mafia. My wife is Italian and I think it came with a fighting spirit, to say it nicely.
I would probably agree with you that the cuisine of both the French and the Italians would indicate that there are far better things to be good at than fighting.

bigthinker

Role models. On a good Sunday our 20+ yellow buses bring sometimes over a 1,000 children to church whose parents do not come. We have half a dozen daughter churches started by kids that grew in The Lord and started new churches. Our current Pastor was a brat in Sunday School as a kid. Can you become a Pro golfer by playing golf on a PC?
Teaching of God's faithfulness relies on human role models?

Eightcrackers

BY EXAMPLE…. Not all learning is didactic. There is a method of learning which includes: see it done, do it yourself, teach it to others, —that is one way we can learn for ourselves.
How did your mother's personality inform your idea of your god's personality?

How did her faithfulness educate you about his faithfulness? Especially given that neither of them were religious...

bigthinker

How did your mother's personality inform your idea of your god's personality?

How did her faithfulness educate you about his faithfulness? Especially given that neither of them were religious...
It seems that no believer has direct experience of/with God that they can cite, refer to, describe etc.