How is one saved, according to SDA?

Icyspark

Hi Winterleaf,

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Belief is the most essential aspect of salvation.

Adventists don't believe that once you are in that you can never get out (à la Hotel California). There are certainly many who have become unbelievers over the years which is a reversal of John 3:16.

Then too, Jesus indicates that true belief will manifest itself in actions. True believers will reflect Jesus in what they say and what they do.

I pray this helps.

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Lk 10:20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
OT Version: AV Ex 32:32-33 Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written. 33 And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

It is interesting, that very few believe GOD's words here. Do you believe GOD's words here ???

NT Version: AV Re 3:5-6 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. 6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

It is interesting, that very few believe Jesus' words here. Do you believe Jesus' words here ???

It is not that hard to be saved, It is staying saved is the problem for sinners, who still sin.

AV Mt 7:20-23 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity{G458 anomia}.

Jesus says here, that "iniquity{G458 anomia}" keeps people out of heaven.

So one way to stay saved is, Repent of all sins to Jesus.

Heart of my Objection:
"How is one saved, according to SDA?", Because, it is the ones who stay saved who make it to heaven, in order to be saved(past tense).

Our main issue here is: We can not agree on what are sins to Jesus/GOD, to be repented of. Even the sins of GOD's own handwriting.

AV Ja 1:15-16 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. 16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.

Adventists, do remind themselves of sins, that GOD hate. You would be surprise of those who do not !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael

Buzzard

Lk.18:9
And he spake this parable unto certain
which trusted in themselves that they were righteous,
and despised others
:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray;
the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself,
God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are,
extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven,
but smote upon his breast,
saying,
God be merciful to me a sinner

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other:
for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased;
and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted

Buzzard

and Michael goes into another Pharisaical Rant
AV Mt 7:20-23 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity{G458 anomia}.
and ye shall be hated of all nation for my name sake

Name Sake, Michael; His Name Sake

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Hb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
and ye shall be hated of all nation for my name sake
Your opinion is noted again ...

AV Hb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Jesus Christ in the flesh, is "the same yesterday" in walking on earth, "to day" walking in heaven "and forever" walking in Heaven in life eternal with all the saints.

AV Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, [from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking [thine own] words:

You do realize, Jesus was, is and always will be a sabbath keeper, in "my holy day", Right ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Last edited:

Mik

Prologue:
AV Hb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

AV Hb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Jesus Christ in the flesh, is "the same yesterday" in walking on earth, "to day" walking in heaven "and forever" walking in Heaven in life eternal with all the saints.

AV Isa 58:13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, [from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking [thine own] words:

You do realize, Jesus was, is and always will be a sabbath keeper, in "my holy day", Right ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
So is there a list of do's and don'ts for sabbath day in the sda denomination? What are the rules for sda denomination members to follow on their sabbath? If there are, where are the rules, do's and don'ts derived from?

SDAchristian

What are the rules for sda denomination members to follow on their sabbath?
{Additional Emphasis by SDAchristian}

Until you figure out, who has a sabbath day, any discussion is moot with you.

Yours in Christ, Michael

MMDAN

SDA's teach "salvation by grace plus law, faith plus works" with a heavy emphasis on sabbath keeping.

SDAchristian

Prologue:
AV Ex 32:32-33 Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written. 33 And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Who wants to bet their salvation on, whether GOD keeps Their word or not ???
SDA's teach "salvation by grace plus law, faith plus works" with a heavy emphasis on sabbath keeping.

Does Jesus know what keeps Christians out of heaven ???

Do you ???

Can you explain what keeps Christians out of heaven, per Jesus' words above ???

AV 1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

You are aware, that sins are works too ???

Have you ever considered the most common Decalogue Law broken every week, as GOD's definition of sin ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Mik

Until you figure out, who has a sabbath day, any discussion is moot with you.

Yours in Christ, Michael
Still waiting. But I understand if you don’t (can’t) answer my questions. I’ll try again.
So is there a list of do's and don'ts for sabbath day in the sda denomination? What are the rules for sda denomination members to follow on their sabbath? If there are, where are the rules, do's and don'ts derived from?

SDAchristian

Still waiting. But I understand if you don’t (can’t) answer my questions. I’ll try again.
AV Ezk 20:20 And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I [am] the LORD your God.

GOD has "my sabbaths", AKA "the sabbath".

AV 2Ch 36:21 To fulfil the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah, until the land had enjoyed her sabbaths: [for] as long as she lay desolate she kept sabbath, to fulfil threescore and ten years.

"the land" has "her sabbaths".

AV Lv 23:24 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first [day] of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.
AV Lv 23:38 Beside the sabbaths of the LORD, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto the LORD.
AV Lv 23:39 Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days: on the first day [shall be] a sabbath, and on the eighth day [shall be] a sabbath.

Then there are "a sabbath" as ceremonial sabbaths, which are "Beside the sabbaths of the LORD".

Until you can distinguish, the types of sabbath, and the ownership of those sabbaths rightly, it is still a moot point to talk to you about them.

In plain words, YOU NEED TO ACKNOWLEDGE GOD'S authority in weekly "my sabbaths". Or otherwise prove, GOD is no longer the Creator of "my holy day" ??? Adventists do not own or have weekly sabbaths, only GOD does !!!

You need to understand this as a contrast of authority, man has created an authority in keeping Sundays, against GOD's authority in keeping "my sabbaths".

"So is there a list of do's and don'ts for sabbath day in the sda denomination?", You omitted the definite article for "sabbath day", like when GOD refers to "the" sabbath day with the misunderstand in "the sda denomination", which we do not own, but GOD does. Which includes the fact, neither does anyone else(like men on earth) own sabbath, just GOD. There are more than just Adventists, who keep GOD's "my sabbaths", you seemed to have omitted that from your Point Of View !!! And Yes, other than Adventists, do make their own rules.

"What are the rules for sda denomination members to follow on their sabbath?", There are no "the rules" in "sda denomination", per se. E.G. White gave suggestions, which you can read on your own.

"If there are, where are the rules, do's and don'ts derived from?", You should actually be concerned with the coming Sunday Laws("the rules") of men. The Great Cognitive Dissonance in spiritual understanding of GOD's rest in Jesus' example as Jesus walked the earth, and men making laws for GOD, in GOD's authority(in actuality stealing GOD's authority) !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael

MMDAN

Prologue:
AV Ex 32:32-33 Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written. 33 And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

Who wants to bet their salvation on, whether GOD keeps Their word or not ???

Does Jesus know what keeps Christians out of heaven ???

Do you ???

Can you explain what keeps Christians out of heaven, per Jesus' words above ???

AV 1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

You are aware, that sins are works too ???

Have you ever considered the most common Decalogue Law broken every week, as GOD's definition of sin ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

Ecclesiastes 7:20 - For there is not a just man on earth who does good And does not sin.
Romans 3:23 - for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Apparently, nobody is going to heaven according to your "salvation through sinless perfection" logic.

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Matthew 7:21 - Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. *John 6:40 - For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in Him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

These many people (nominal Christians/make believers) in Matthew 7:22 had the wrong foundation. They were trusting in their works to save them and NOT IN CHRIST ALONE. Jesus NEVER knew them which means they were NEVER saved. Their hearts were not right with God, so their "attempted external obedience" (apart from the righteousness of God which is by faith and the blood of Christ) was stained with sin.

*Seeking salvation by works is not the will of the Father. (Romans 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9; Philippians 3:9 etc..)

John 17:3 - And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. The term "know" implies intimate, experiential knowledge, through a relationship with Him, not merely theoretical knowledge. These many people were not true converts. *Without faith it's impossible to please God no matter how many alleged wonderful works that these many people set out to conjure up through the flesh in a vain effort to obtain salvation based on works. Sound familiar? This is why Jesus referred to these many people as "workers of iniquity." God does not see the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus (Romans 4:5-6; Philippians 3:9) in unbelievers, but He see's all of their sins which remain and have not been washed away by the blood of Christ.

UNBELIEF keeps "nominal" Christians out of heaven. Jesus draws the line in the sand in John 3:18 - He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

1 John 3:7 - Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous; 8 the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness. (1 John 1:8-10)

So what is the most common Decalogue Law broken every week? It sounds to me like you still remain under the old covenant plantation of law. The SDA church teaches the ludicrous doctrines that the 7th day sabbath is the seal of God and that those who worship on Sunday instead of Saturday will receive the mark of the beast.

Sabbath as Seal of God
Mark of the Beast

I've heard multiple former SDA's tell me that for an Adventist to give up the 7th day sabbath, is essentially giving up salvation unless they should return to the 7th day sabbath, which explains a lot!

PeanutGallery

As a member of the SDA Church, I find it helpful to know that the SDA leadership cares about the members enough to assist us in our sabbath keeping with a document on the SDA’s General Conference website called “sabbath guidelines”. ...
"If we follow exactly what the Bible specifies several times, the Sabbath is the 7th day of the week."
What exact times are the sabbaths held; evening to morning, or morning to evening?

Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Buzzard

''
You need to understand this as a contrast of authority, man has created an authority in keeping Sundays, against GOD's authority in keeping "my sabbaths".

Yours in Christ, Michael
And Michael the Pharisee Rants again;
where in the Prophets is this
" man has created an authority in keeping Sundays"

Daniel 10:14​
Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people
in the latter days:
for yet the vision is for many days.
But I will shew thee that which is noted
(Already written about)​
in the scripture of truth:
and there is none that holdeth with me in these things,
but Michael your prince.​

Posters;
any teaching in the Church has to be in Harmony with Moses and the Prophets
so I ask Michael once again
where is this Sunday Law noted in the scripture of truth:

Where is it at Michael ??????

And ""Christ""" says
Matthew 24:8
All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 Then shall (at that time) they deliver you up to be afflicted,
and shall
kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations
for my name's sake.

10 And then shall many be offended,
and shall betray one another,
and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise,
and shall deceive many

The Church of the Laodiceans

12 And because iniquity shall abound,
the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end,
the same shall be saved.

=================================================

shall be hated of all nations
for my name's sake. Michael; His Name Sake

So, Michael, tell us
where is this

Sunday Law noted in the scripture of truth:

We SDA’s place much importance on precise sabbath keeping.

The local SDA Conference produces a sunset calendar for its members that lists the sunset times for beginning and ending of the sabbath for most named communities where there is an SDA Church. In addition, the local church bulletin will supply the sunset time for sabbath evening and the next Friday evening.

Buzzard

Buzzard said:
and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name sake

and Michael replies

Yours in Christ, Michael

An Opinion ??????
Michael, those are the words of Christ
"The Oracles of "The Son of the Living God"
Romans 3:1​
What advantage then hath the Jew?​
or what profit is there of circumcision?​
2 Much every way: chiefly,
because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.​

but then again;
you being a Gentile, and just a Wanna-be-Jew"
and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews,​
and are not,​
but are :devilish: the synagogue of Satan. :devilish:

I would not expect you to understand
Michael;
The words of Christ are not
Just an Opinion

and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name sake

Mik

AV Ezk 20:20 And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I [am] the LORD your God.

GOD has "my sabbaths", AKA "the sabbath".

AV 2Ch 36:21 To fulfil the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah, until the land had enjoyed her sabbaths: [for] as long as she lay desolate she kept sabbath, to fulfil threescore and ten years.

"the land" has "her sabbaths".

AV Lv 23:24 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first [day] of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.
AV Lv 23:38 Beside the sabbaths of the LORD, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto the LORD.
AV Lv 23:39 Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days: on the first day [shall be] a sabbath, and on the eighth day [shall be] a sabbath.

Then there are "a sabbath" as ceremonial sabbaths, which are "Beside the sabbaths of the LORD".

Until you can distinguish, the types of sabbath, and the ownership of those sabbaths rightly, it is still a moot point to talk to you about them.

In plain words, YOU NEED TO ACKNOWLEDGE GOD'S authority in weekly "my sabbaths". Or otherwise prove, GOD is no longer the Creator of "my holy day" ??? Adventists do not own or have weekly sabbaths, only GOD does !!!

"So is there a list of do's and don'ts for sabbath day in the sda denomination?", You omitted the definite article for "sabbath day", like when GOD refers to "the" sabbath day with the misunderstand in "the sda denomination", which we do not own, but GOD does. Which includes the fact, neither does anyone else(like men on earth) own sabbath, just GOD. There are more than just Adventists, who keep GOD's "my sabbaths", you seemed to have omitted that from your Point Of View !!! And Yes, other than Adventists, do make their own rules.

"What are the rules for sda denomination members to follow on their sabbath?", There are no "the rules" in "sda denomination", per se. E.G. White gave suggestions, which you can read on your own.

"If there are, where are the rules, do's and don'ts derived from?", You should actually be concerned with the coming Sunday Laws("the rules") of men. The Great Cognitive Dissonance in spiritual understanding of GOD's rest in Jesus' example as Jesus walked the earth, and men making laws for GOD, in GOD's authority(in actuality stealing GOD's authority) !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael
So the religion of ellen just made up a sabbath with not set rules or do’s and don’ts. Got it.

Mik

As a member of the SDA Church, I find it helpful to know that the SDA leadership cares about the members enough to assist us in our sabbath keeping with a document on the SDA’s General Conference website called “sabbath guidelines”.

The local sda conferences also provide sunset calendars that list sunset times on Friday night and Saturday night for all the locations in the conference where we have churches. Also, the local church bulletins containing the order of Divine service and weekly announcements conveniently list sunset times for the current Saturday night and the next Friday night.

I pray this helps.
So the religion of ellen’s sabbath is nothing like the Sabbath of the Bible. Got it. Thanks.