How is one saved, according to SDA?

Algernon

Prologue:
AV Lk 10:20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

OT Version: AV Ex 32:32-33 Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin--; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of thy book which thou hast written. 33 And the LORD said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

It is interesting, that very few believe GOD's words here. Do you believe GOD's words here ???

NT Version: AV Re 3:5-6 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. 6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

It is interesting, that very few believe Jesus' words here. Do you believe Jesus' words here ???

It is not that hard to be saved, It is staying saved is the problem for sinners, who still sin.

AV Mt 7:20-23 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity{G458 anomia}.

Jesus says here, that "iniquity{G458 anomia}" keeps people out of heaven.

So one way to stay saved is, Repent of all sins to Jesus.

Heart of my Objection:
"How is one saved, according to SDA?", Because, it is the ones who stay saved who make it to heaven, in order to be saved(past tense).

Our main issue here is: We can not agree on what are sins to Jesus/GOD, to be repented of. Even the sins of GOD's own handwriting.

AV Ja 1:15-16 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. 16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.

Adventists, do remind themselves of sins, that GOD hate. You would be surprise of those who do not !!!

Yours in Christ, Michael
Can you elaborate on what you mean by "repentance"? The conception of repentance seems to run the gamut from saying you're sorry to ceasing to commit any sins.

Also can you expound on what you mean by "repent of all sins to Jesus"?

SDAchristian

AV Gn 4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee [shall be] his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

Before we can continue, we need to agree on a GODly definition of what are sins ???

Yours in Christ, Michael

JonHawk

How is one saved, according to SDA?
Hi Winterleaf,

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Belief is the most essential aspect of salvation. ...
JonHawk said:
Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. Gal 3

Wade in the water Must be the children that Moses led
Who is that dressed in white Must be the children of the Israelites

They will be called the Saved People of the Lord. Isaiah 62:12

Last edited:

Buzzard

Algernon said:
''''''''''''
AV Gn 4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee [shall be] his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

Before we can continue, we need to agree on a GODly definition of what are sins ???

Yours in Christ, Michael
What Michael means is
"Before we can continue, we need to agree on Michaels' definition of what are sins ???​

Matthew ch.24:8 Michael
All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted,
and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for
my name's sake.

Name Sake, Michael; his Name Sake

Our inspired SDA prophet has told us that it means our very salvation to keep the sabbath Holy to the Lord!

Ellen said:

“It means eternal salvation to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord. (TestimoniesVol.6, 356.4)

Algernon

Yours in Christ, Michael
You don't seem to have answered either of my questions. Why?

BTW, I'm well aware of the verse from Genesis, but it doesn't address either of my questions.

Buzzard

]
Our inspired SDA prophet has told us that it means our very salvation to keep the sabbath Holy to the Lord!

Ellen said:

“It means eternal salvation to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord. (TestimoniesVol.6, 356.4)

Yours in Christ, Michael
What say Ye Michael;
who's definition of sin
yours or Gods
====================================

Matthew ch.24:8 Michael
All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted,
and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for

my name's sake.

Name Sake, Michael; his Name Sake

JonHawk

For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.
The Holy Spirit also witnesses to us;
Sanctification consists, moreover, in cleansing from sin, in making pure and holy that which is impure and unholy. SLH 6.1
The depravity of our race is the doctrinal fact upon which rests the necessity of our being sanctified. “All have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23. All are naturally inclined to love the ways of sin and to do evil. The power of sin has so affected the human family, that they may, in their natural state, be called the servants of sin. But sanctification purifies and alienates us from the dominion of sin; destroys the corrupt propensities of our fallen natures; rectifies our affections and inclinations, and brings our entire beings into subjection to the will of God, so that we may properly be called the servants of righteousness. SLH 6.2
Ellen said:
For both He who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all from one Father; for this reason He is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters, 12 saying, “I will declare Your name to My brothers, In the midst of the assembly; Heb 2

And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.” John 17:26

Last edited: