How is the BoM superior to the Bible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote it was a rhetorical question. If you think it's gaslighting then that's on you. Perhaps grow a thicker skin if you're going to be on a forum that disproves all you and your fellow LDS claim and believe.

Chuckle, I have been texting on this forum for 20 yrs, the same old gaslighting is well and alive.... thick skin I have, but I have seen many evangelicals go by the wayside after being obliterated with facts and evidence... hmmm..

The Book of Mormon completely disagrees with Joseph Smith when he said The Godhead is 3 gods,
The Book of Mormon completely disagrees with you. Isn't it fascinating that the Book of Mormon agrees with the Bible and yet you all can't see that neither claims that God is one physical being? They are one. They are one God. That does not make them one being. That is simply your interpretation. Again, I've explained this before, no one of them could have brought about the work of salvation for the children of Adam.

1. God the Father is an exalted being who once lived as we live now and has died and been resurrected and is immortal. He cannot die again. Our salvation required a voluntary sacrifice to atone for the sins of all mankind. God the Father couldn't do that. If he could, he wouldn't be immortal.
2. God the Son advanced to become like His Father but before that time, He was a spirit until he was born of a mortal woman. Then he took upon himself mortality so he could die and was the volunteer to offer himself for us placing him in a position to pay for our sins for us.
3. God the Holy Ghost also cannot die. He is not mortal. So the Holy Ghost could not save any one of us. However, unlike the Father and the Son, the Holy Ghost is a personage of spirit and can communicate with use spirit to spirit and is the testator to the truths taught by the Son under the direction of the Father. He is also a sanctifier.

So, it should not be difficult to see that the three separate beings had specific roles that the other could not fulfill, but together they can. Thus the three are one.
God is not God from Eternity and the Rock the Church is built on is revelation
Joseph Smith never said that.

Chuckle, I have been texting on this forum for 20 yrs, the same old gaslighting is well and alive.... thick skin I have, but I have seen many evangelicals go by the wayside after being obliterated with facts and evidence... hmmm..
Evidence like the zero archeological evidence for the stories in the BoM? Ok chuckles.

Curious then why, if you've been texting for 20 years your post count is so small? Hmmmm....

Evidence like the zero archeological evidence for the stories in the BoM? Ok chuckles.
Your choice to ignore the evidence that does exist in no way negates its existence.
Curious then why, if you've been texting for 20 years your post count is so small? Hmmmm....
Your seem to be unaware of the history of this site. It's been overhauled several times and two of those lost all previous posts.

Chuckle... count is low because I have been cancelled for reasons of forum changes.... I have had several different names also ... I lie not.. hmm
Zero you say! no gold plates, no translation and nothing of historical evidence.... do you have evidence Christ was crucified? Moses split the seas? Noah built a ark, etc, etc... no you have no evidence .... so tell me, what good is a Bible or a Book of Mormon without absolute evidence of these historical figures.... thx for pointing out the obvious...

Chuckle... count is low because I have been cancelled for reasons of forum changes.... I have had several different names also ... I lie not.. hmm
Zero you say! no gold plates, no translation and nothing of historical evidence.... do you have evidence Christ was crucified? Moses split the seas? Noah built a ark, etc, etc... no you have no evidence .... so tell me, what good is a Bible or a Book of Mormon without absolute evidence of these historical figures.... thx for pointing out the obvious...

What a load of tripe. Not the explanation for post count but the rest...there are historians and written histories that are accessible unlike the BoM golden plates. None of the locations on the BoM have been found. And yet your claim ignores what your church teaches which is the BoM is a spiritual book and therefore needs no achaelogival proof...wow...get that hahaha

The Book of Mormon was not written with the intention of providing a full historical account of the people involved. Rather, Mormon, Moroni, and Nephi, the three principal authors, have written an abridged spiritual record that contains only enough historical data to add continuity to a record that involves a very lengthy time span. Any external evidence would primarily, therefore, be important for the book’s historicity, not its spiritual message. Since the record contains spiritual lessons, the reader would need to have a spiritual experience in order to secure the verification of its validity. The formula for gaining that testimony is found in Moroni 10:4–5 [Moro. 10:4–5] from the record itself. Proof of the Book of Mormon thus remains within the spiritual realm and not from studying archaeology.

Last edited:
What a load of tripe. There are historians and written histories that are accessible unlike the BoM golden plates. None of the locations on the BoM have been found. And yet your claim ignores what your church teaches which is the BoM is a spiritual book and therefore needs no achaelogival proof...wow...get that hahaha
Really! exactly how can you prove with facts and evidence that Jesus is the Christ or that God exist? nice try but no ringer...
I will wait eagerly for your evidence... hahaha...

Really! exactly how can you prove with facts and evidence that Jesus is the Christ or that God exist? nice try but no ringer...

The Bible says so. History supports the O/T, the N/T and the prophecies fulfilled by Jesus Christ concerning the Messiah. What you got? Nada.

In case you missed it:

The Book of Mormon was not written with the intention of providing a full historical account of the people involved. Rather, Mormon, Moroni, and Nephi, the three principal authors, have written an abridged spiritual record that contains only enough historical data to add continuity to a record that involves a very lengthy time span. Any external evidence would primarily, therefore, be important for the book’s historicity, not its spiritual message. Since the record contains spiritual lessons, the reader would need to have a spiritual experience in order to secure the verification of its validity. The formula for gaining that testimony is found in Moroni 10:4–5 [Moro. 10:4–5] from the record itself. Proof of the Book of Mormon thus remains within the spiritual realm and not from studying archaeology.

The Bible says so. History supports the O/T, the N/T and the prophecies fulfilled by Jesus Christ concerning the Messiah. What you got? Nada.
Your evidence is because the Bible says so?.... and just what was fulfilled by Jesus Christ. You have no proof or evidence he was anything more then a man, or prophet if that at all.... you have proof that he was resurrected other than the Bible says so... interesting. Book of Mormon also prophesied he would visit the American Continent but its based on faith, just as the Bible depends upon faith.... have you ever seen Christ?
your reply leaves little to know evidence that you have a factual knowledge that Jesus is the Christ, only by faith can you state that...

Your evidence is because the Bible says so?.... and just what was fulfilled by Jesus Christ. You have no proof or evidence he was anything more then a man, or prophet if that at all.... you have proof that he was resurrected other than the Bible says so... interesting. Book of Mormon also prophesied he would visit the American Continent but its based on faith, just as the Bible depends upon faith.... have you ever seen Christ?
your reply leaves little to know evidence that you have a factual knowledge that Jesus is the Christ, only by faith can you state that...

Eye witness accounts. And the BoM? Still nada.

Gaslighting again... a little truth mixed in with a whole lot of false knowledge

Amulek knew that there are three separate personages in the Godhead and that they are one in purpose. He declared to Zeezrom that in time all will be brought before the judgment bar of “Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one Eternal God.” (Alma 11:44.) Since the Son and the Holy Spirit are one in purpose, mission, and glory with the “true and living God,” the three are indeed “one Eternal God.”
Where does Amulek say their One in Purpose ? I see him saying thier ONE GOD

Do you deny Jesus is God, together with the Father and the Holy Spirit?
Once again, written right in the post you're responding to, it has the answer to your rhetorical question. “Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one Eternal God.” (Alma 11:44.)
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made. 4In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcomea it.

John 1: 14 14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
making all of these responses redundant.
Do you deny that LDS doctrine teaches Jesus is the spirit brother of lucifer, aka satan? Retorical question...
No. Why would we? Do you know of some other being who is the father of spirits? Wasn't Jesus the firstborn of all creation? Was he a spirit? Is Lucifer a spirit?

Clearly, you don't believe Jesus was the first born of all creation. Apparently, you don't believe that God the Father is the Father of spirits. Let me know when u have identified who Lucifer's father is. I'm sure the world would like to know.

The mess you all have made of the beings who make up the Godhead, presents the unavoidable situation that Jesus is his own father and that Lucifer is his son, right?

In case you missed it:

The Book of Mormon was not written with the intention of providing a full historical account of the people involved. Rather, Mormon, Moroni, and Nephi, the three principal authors, have written an abridged spiritual record that contains only enough historical data to add continuity to a record that involves a very lengthy time span. Any external evidence would primarily, therefore, be important for the book’s historicity, not its spiritual message. Since the record contains spiritual lessons, the reader would need to have a spiritual experience in order to secure the verification of its validity. The formula for gaining that testimony is found in Moroni 10:4–5 from the record itself. Proof of the Book of Mormon thus remains within the spiritual realm and not from studying archaeology.

So?

Eye witness accounts. And the BoM? Still nada.
You mean like the 11 witnesses that they saw the gold plates? Nada? really! No one can really know unless they actually witness it in person.
If you have had that experience of seeing and talking with Christ, then you know he exists, if not you only have faith he exists...
You say others have witnessed or were eye witnesses, so you have faith they were witnesses, you do not have knowledge that they did.

Nice try, but you are only acting in faith and not knowledge or a witness.. I really don't think you understand the difference.... the Bible is the word of God can only be understood by personal faith that its the word of God.

Elsewhere in the Book of Mormon, the distinction between the Father and the Son is clearly illustrated. For example, immediately before Christ’s appearance to the Nephites after his resurrection, the people heard the voice of the Father proclaiming: “Behold my Beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased, in whom I have glorified my name—hear ye him.” Then they “cast their eyes up again towards heaven; and behold, they saw a Man descending out of heaven”—the Son, Jesus Christ. (See 3 Ne. 11:7–8.) This experience is similar to the Bible’s accounts of the Savior’s baptism and transfiguration, in which the Father spoke from the heavens, acknowledging his Beloved Son who was on earth. (See Matt. 3:17; Matt. 17:5.)

The oneness of the Godhead in purpose (the salvation of man) is also illustrated in both the Book of Mormon and the Bible. In the Book of Mormon, the resurrected Christ prayed:

“Father, I pray not for the world, but for those whom thou hast given me out of the world, because of their faith, that they may be purified in me, that I may be in them as thou, Father, art in me, that we may be one, that I may be glorified in them.” (3 Ne. 19:29.)
LDS.org

You mean like the 11 witnesses that they saw the gold plates? Nada? really! No one can really know unless they actually witness it in person.
If you have had that experience of seeing and talking with Christ, then you know he exists, if not you only have faith he exists...
You say others have witnessed or were eye witnesses, so you have faith they were witnesses, you do not have knowledge that they did.

Nice try, but you are only acting in faith and not knowledge or a witness.. I really don't think you understand the difference.... the Bible is the word of God can only be understood by personal faith that its the word of God.

Still nada. It's common knowledge many of the witnesses ended up leaving the church and following other leaders and religions such as James Strang, the Shakers, Methodists, etc. By 1847 not a single one of the surviving eleven witnesses was part of the LDS Church.

LOL. He doesn't know the facts regarding Evangelicals at this site because the site crashed and when it came back some of us don't have credit for when we first came here.

Plus he changed his username.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back