How is your Greek today? Another papyrus...

Gryllus Maior

This one is quite mundane, but gives a glimpse into daily life and concerns. The end of the papyrus is quite fragmentary with a large lacuna, so I haven't included it. Enjoy!

1 Διονύσιος Διδύμῃ τῆι ἀδελ-
2 φῇ πλεῖστα χαίρειν καὶ διὰ
3 παντὸ[ς] ὑγιαίνειν. οὐδεμί-
4 αν μοι φάσιν ἀπέστειλας πε-
5 ρὶ τῶν ἱματίων οὔτε διὰ γρα-
6 πτοῦ οὔτε διὰ σημείου, ἀλλʼ ἔ-
7 τι καὶ νῦν κεῖται μέχρι οὗ ἀ-
8 ποστείλῃς μοι φάσιν. τῷ δὲ
9 φέροντί σοι τὴν ἐπιστολὴν
10 Θεωνᾶτι ἱκανὸν ποίησον
11 περὶ οὗ ἐὰν θέλῃ.

John Milton

You seemed to prefer a stricter translation with less spin. Here, I hope, is a compromise.

1) Dionysios to Didyme the (my) sis-
2) -ter fullest greeting and
3) continual health. Not
4) even one thing to me they say you sent con-
5) -cerning the clothes neither by doc-
6) -ument, nor by a sign, but y-
7) et even now it is lying in storage until the time you
8) may send it to me they say. And the one
9) bringing you the letter,
10) Theonatos, provide him satisfaction
11) about whatever he wants.

1-3) Dionysios to Didyme my sister, greetings and health.
4-8) They tell me you didn't give me anything information about the clothes, not a letter or a sign. Nothing! They say they are collecting dust in storage until *you* decide it is time for you to send them to me.
9-11) Theonatos is bringing you this letter at least give *him* whatever he wants.

Gryllus Maior

You seemed to prefer a stricter translation with less spin. Here, I hope, is a compromise.

1) Dionysios to Didyme the (my) sis-
2) -ter fullest greeting and
3) continual health. Not
4) even one thing to me they say you sent con-
5) -cerning the clothes neither by doc-
6) -ument, nor by a sign, but y-
7) et even now it is lying in storage until the time you
8) may send it to me they say. And the one
9) bringing you the letter,
10) Theonatos, provide him satisfaction
11) about whatever he wants.

1-3) Dionysios to Didyme my sister, greetings and health.
4-8) They tell me you didn't give me anything information about the clothes, not a letter or a sign. Nothing! They say they are collecting dust in storage until *you* decide it is time for you to send them to me.
9-11) Theonatos is bringing you this letter at least give *him* whatever he wants.
Yes, I think we need to start with a "stricter" reading before we get to the dynamic equivalency. φάσιν not the verb, but the noun φάσις, "mention." οὐδεμίαν μοι φάσιν ἀπέστειλας περὶ τῶν ἱματίων... "You have sent no mention to me concerning the garments..." and so the second usage. σημείου, probably a verbal communication in contrast to the written. Other than that I think you've captured the sense quite well.

John Milton

Yes, I think we need to start with a "stricter" reading before we get to the dynamic equivalency. φάσιν not the verb, but the noun φάσις, "mention." οὐδεμίαν μοι φάσιν ἀπέστειλας περὶ τῶν ἱματίων... "You have sent no mention to me concerning the garments..." and so the second usage.
That makes much better sense. I missed the accents.
σημείου, probably a verbal communication in contrast to the written.
I didn't feel confident about pushing the thought that far but that's what I assumed. The story puts me in mind of someone in jail asking for clothes and bail money (ἱκανόν).

froggy

This one is quite mundane, but gives a glimpse into daily life and concerns. The end of the papyrus is quite fragmentary with a large lacuna, so I haven't included it. Enjoy!

1 Διονύσιος Διδύμῃ τῆι ἀδελ-
2 φῇ πλεῖστα χαίρειν καὶ διὰ
3 παντὸ[ς] ὑγιαίνειν. οὐδεμί-
4 αν μοι φάσιν ἀπέστειλας πε-
5 ρὶ τῶν ἱματίων οὔτε διὰ γρα-
6 πτοῦ οὔτε διὰ σημείου, ἀλλʼ ἔ-
7 τι καὶ νῦν κεῖται μέχρι οὗ ἀ-
8 ποστείλῃς μοι φάσιν. τῷ δὲ
9 φέροντί σοι τὴν ἐπιστολὴν
10 Θεωνᾶτι ἱκανὸν ποίησον
11 περὶ οὗ ἐὰν θέλῃ.
I missed this one. Looking forward to the next one