How Long Will the Man of Lawlessness Be Sitting In Your Temple?

High Premise

II Thess 2:
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped;
so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

robycop3

The antichrist will enter a new temple the Jews shall build in Jerusalem, have a statue of himself set up in it, which his sidekick the false prophet will, by Satan's power, cause to speak, as his boss declares himself to be God. Also, at that time, the FP will institute the marka the beast.

I'd say the ceremony won't last more than a day. The antichrist will likely return to wherever his palace is. But his statue will remain in the temple.

RiJoRi

1) The form of the question sets off an alarm for me: YOUR temple. God willing, the answer is "Nevermore!"
2) I have difficulty with robycop's reply.
(a) Because the temple was erected by pious Jews, do you think that they would stand by quietly as an abomination is put in their TEMPLE?? Especially with the examples of the Maccabes?
(b) My parents took me to the 1964 World's Fair, where we saw Abe Lincoln stand up and deliver the Gettysburg Address! Wonder! A talking statue, over 60 years ago!

That's why I think the interpretation may be other than literal. Of course, I have been wrong before, so...

robycop3

1) The form of the question sets off an alarm for me: YOUR temple. God willing, the answer is "Nevermore!"
2) I have difficulty with robycop's reply.
(a) Because the temple was erected by pious Jews, do you think that they would stand by quietly as an abomination is put in their TEMPLE?? Especially with the examples of the Maccabes?
(b) My parents took me to the 1964 World's Fair, where we saw Abe Lincoln stand up and deliver the Gettysburg Address! Wonder! A talking statue, over 60 years ago!

That's why I think the interpretation may be other than literal. Of course, I have been wrong before, so...
The Jews definitely plan to build a new temple in Jerusalem. They have the materials & instruments ready. They've been breeding animals to use in temple rites, such as red heifers. Last year, they consecrated an altar to be used in that temple. All they're waiting for is the right time to build it without setting off WW3.

Some professors from Hebrew University made an illegal exploration of the passages beneath the Dome of the Rock. (Israel has an agreement with several Moslem nations that they won't allow anyone into those passages.) They discovered that the Dome doesn't sit on the site of the old temple after all; that site is beside the Dome. (However, the Moslems wouldn't sit still for a non-Islamic building being built beside their 2nd most-sacred site. And, BTW, the professors weren't arrested; they were just ordered out.)

Israel won't be able to stand up to the antichrist. He will triumph wherever he turns. Thus, the Jews won't be able to keep him out of that temple.

Timtofly

Satan is the lawless one any ways. It could be 100% physical and 100% spiritual. Satan is an equal opportunity deciever, getting mankind to rebel against God, type of being.