How Long Will the Man of Lawlessness Be Sitting In Your Temple?

High Premise

II Thess 2:
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped;
so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

The antichrist will enter a new temple the Jews shall build in Jerusalem, have a statue of himself set up in it, which his sidekick the false prophet will, by Satan's power, cause to speak, as his boss declares himself to be God. Also, at that time, the FP will institute the marka the beast.

I'd say the ceremony won't last more than a day. The antichrist will likely return to wherever his palace is. But his statue will remain in the temple.

1) The form of the question sets off an alarm for me: YOUR temple. God willing, the answer is "Nevermore!"
2) I have difficulty with robycop's reply.
(a) Because the temple was erected by pious Jews, do you think that they would stand by quietly as an abomination is put in their TEMPLE?? Especially with the examples of the Maccabes?
(b) My parents took me to the 1964 World's Fair, where we saw Abe Lincoln stand up and deliver the Gettysburg Address! Wonder! A talking statue, over 60 years ago!

That's why I think the interpretation may be other than literal. Of course, I have been wrong before, so...

1) The form of the question sets off an alarm for me: YOUR temple. God willing, the answer is "Nevermore!"
(a) Because the temple was erected by pious Jews, do you think that they would stand by quietly as an abomination is put in their TEMPLE?? Especially with the examples of the Maccabes?
(b) My parents took me to the 1964 World's Fair, where we saw Abe Lincoln stand up and deliver the Gettysburg Address! Wonder! A talking statue, over 60 years ago!

That's why I think the interpretation may be other than literal. Of course, I have been wrong before, so...
The Jews definitely plan to build a new temple in Jerusalem. They have the materials & instruments ready. They've been breeding animals to use in temple rites, such as red heifers. Last year, they consecrated an altar to be used in that temple. All they're waiting for is the right time to build it without setting off WW3.

Some professors from Hebrew University made an illegal exploration of the passages beneath the Dome of the Rock. (Israel has an agreement with several Moslem nations that they won't allow anyone into those passages.) They discovered that the Dome doesn't sit on the site of the old temple after all; that site is beside the Dome. (However, the Moslems wouldn't sit still for a non-Islamic building being built beside their 2nd most-sacred site. And, BTW, the professors weren't arrested; they were just ordered out.)

Israel won't be able to stand up to the antichrist. He will triumph wherever he turns. Thus, the Jews won't be able to keep him out of that temple.

Satan is the lawless one any ways. It could be 100% physical and 100% spiritual. Satan is an equal opportunity deciever, getting mankind to rebel against God, type of being.

The Jews definitely plan to build a new temple in Jerusalem. They have the materials & instruments ready. They've been breeding animals to use in temple rites, such as red heifers. Last year, they consecrated an altar to be used in that temple. All they're waiting for is the right time to build it without setting off WW3.
What does the sentence “Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people” mean to you?

Israel won't be able to stand up to the antichrist. He will triumph wherever he turns. Thus, the Jews won't be able to keep him out of that temple.
Like Christians weren’t able to keep him from arising from within the professing church?

Last edited:
II Thess 2:
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped;
The Pope.

Note: he told them things that didnt all get written down.

They knew, because they were told. Paul didn’t write down everything for obvious reasons.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
The Roman Empire, as saith all the church fathers who wrote on this particular passage. They prayed for the Empire’s continued existence to forestall the rise of the man of sin.

Paul couldn’t name the Roman Empire in his letters by name, or he would’ve immediately been charged with treason and executed.

The Jews definitely plan to build a new temple in Jerusalem. They have the materials & instruments ready.
None of which proves anything. National Israel is not in view. After the Babylonian captivity, Daniel’s 70 weeks were the last chance for Israel after the flesh to obey God and follow Him. But what did they do? They rejected His Son. The Israel in view in Revelation is spiritual Israel - the “temple” and the church, made up of both Jew and gentile.

They've been breeding animals to use in temple rites, such as red heifers. Last year, they consecrated an altar to be used in that temple. All they're waiting for is the right time to build it without setting off WW3.
That you think God would actually welcome back a people who still reject the Messiah and seek to replace His once for all sacrifice with sacrifices of animals is incredible….and delusional.

Last edited:
None of which proves anything. National Israel is not in view. After the Babylonian captivity, Daniel’s 70 weeks were the last chance for Israel after the flesh to obey God and follow Him. But what did they do? They rejected His Son. The Israel in view in Revelation is spiritual Israel - the “temple” and the church, made up of both Jew and gentile.

That you think God would actually welcome back a people who still reject the Messiah and seek to replace His once for all sacrifice with sacrifices of animals is incredible….and delusional.
Evidently, you're not very well-learned in Scripture. There must be a temple for the beast/antichrist to sit in. And nowhere does Scripture say that God willapprove the re-establishment of animal sacrifice.

Evidently, you're not very well-learned in Scripture.
More than some.

There must be a temple for the beast/antichrist to sit in.
So comparing Paul with Paul, what does he say this temple is?

1Co 3:16
Know ye not that ye are the temple (naos) of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Co 3:17
If any man defile the temple (naos) of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple (naos) of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1Co 6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple (naos) of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

2Co 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple (naos) of God with idols? for ye are the temple (naos) of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Eph 2:21
In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple (naos) in the Lord:

2Th 2:4
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple (naos) of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Comparing Paul with Paul, the temple of God is clearly not a Jewish building, but is the CHURCH.

And according to Daniel, what does a beast represent?

Unchecked Copy Box
Dan 7:23 - Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces

Btw, good to see you again, Phil.

Last edited:
That which seems Jewish in the book of Revelation is symbolic for that pertaining to spiritual Israel - the Church:

Rev 1:20 - The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

To insert Israel after the flesh into the book of Revelation by interpreting its contents literally is to be hoodwinked by an apocalyptic scheme of interpretation that was purposely crafted by a 16th century Jesuit priest to deflect attention off the Pope.

More than some.

So comparing Paul with Paul, what does he say this temple is?

1Co 3:16
Know ye not that ye are the temple (naos) of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Co 3:17
If any man defile the temple (naos) of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple (naos) of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1Co 6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple (naos) of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

2Co 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple (naos) of God with idols? for ye are the temple (naos) of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Eph 2:21
In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple (naos) in the Lord:

2Th 2:4
Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple (naos) of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Comparing Paul with Paul, the temple of God is clearly not a Jewish building, but is the CHURCH.

And according to Daniel, what does a beast represent?

Unchecked Copy Box
Dan 7:23 - Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces

Btw, good to see you again, Phil.
I believe 2 thess. 2 proves you wrong, as a man can't sit in another man's body. And the AOD Jesus mentions will be similar to the first one that occurred in the 160s BC when the ruler of Judea at the time, Antiochus Epiphanes, placed a statue of Zeus in the temple & sacrificed a pig upon the altar. The beast will place a statue of himself in the new temple the Jews will build, & declare himself God.

Good to see you again also, UB. I see you still have the bad habits of using the KJV & not believing much of Revelation.

Prophecy is always easier to see and understand after it's completion. That said, the antichrist will be convincing for those who are not rooted in the word of God and Jews simply are not. So it would not surprise me for them to embrace the antichrist. The majority of Jews are carnal. The devout ones will likely not accept him, but I think most will.

If we're alive and here to see it, it will be interesting. Christians have nothing to fear.

I believe 2 thess. 2 proves you wrong, as a man can't sit in another man's body.
Which shows a complete inability to understand what Paul wrote, even after I laid it all out for you from his own Epistles!

The body of believers called the Church is the temple to which Paul is referring. The man of sin was prophesied to arise from within the professing church as the result of a great apostasy.

A tare among the wheat.
A wolf in sheep’s clothing.

Study the history of the rise of the papacy and the history of the Reformation. When prophecy comes to pass, we are easily able to look back through history in order to discern it.

All you can do is speculate endlessly about what you think “will” happen because your futurist false prophecies never come to pass.

The beast will place a statue of himself in the new temple the Jews will build,
Which completely ignores Rev 1:20. Jesus Himself tells us all things having to do with Israel in the book of Revelation are symbolic for that having to do with the Church.

That being said, the ones who were prophesied to suffer persecution, torture, and extermination by the beast during the 1260 “days” in the book of Revelation is not Israel after the flesh, but spiritual Israel, the church!

It is the church that suffers “tribulation,” not the unsaved!

& declare himself God.
The Popes throughout history have done that very thing. I’ve been through this with you before years ago at BVDB. Are you telling me you STILL haven’t investigated this for yourself???

Three books I would highly recommend for you to read:

1) The Papacy is the Antichrist by J. A. Wylie (historicism.com · misc · thepapacyThe Papacy Is The Antichrist - Historicism.com)

2) Romanism and the Reformation by H. Grattan Guinness (archive.org · details · RomanismAndTheReformationRomanism and the Reformation : Henry Grattan Guinness : Free ...)

Last edited:
I wrote above:
The body of believers called the Church is the temple to which Paul is referring. The man of sin was prophesied to arise from within the professing church as the result of a great apostasy.

To add to that, The Pope "sits" in the temple of God; i.e., the Church, by claiming authority over it.
Roman Emperors in the early centuries (such as Justinian and Phocas) GAVE him that authority by decree.

Sit doesn't always mean to sit down in scripture.
So perhaps it is YOU who is "not very well-learned in Scripture?"

Last edited:
II Thess 2:

=======================
I am the Vine, and ye are the branches,​
------------posters-----------
there is
only 12 Branches on that vine

Isaiah 14:12​
How art thou fallen from heaven,​
O Lucifer, son of the morning!​
how art thou cut down to the ground,​
which didst weaken the nations!​
13 For thou hast said in thine heart,​
I will ascend into heaven,​
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:​
I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation,​
in the sides of the north:​
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds;​
I will be like the most High.​
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell,​
to the sides of the pit.​
16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee,​
and consider thee, saying,​
:confused:Is this the man :(
that made the earth to tremble,​
that did shake kingdoms;​
17 That made the world as a wilderness,​
and destroyed the cities thereof;​
that opened not the house of his prisoners?​
18 All the kings of the nations, even all of them,​
lie in glory, every one in his own house.​

the Abominable Branch

But thou art cast out of thy grave​
like an abominable branch,​
and as the raiment of those that are slain,​
thrust through with a sword,​
that go down to the stones of the pit;​
as a carcase trodden under feet.​
20 Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial,​
because thou hast destroyed thy land,​
and slain thy people:​
the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.​
as Paul says;
only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
(and)
that he might be revealed in his time.

Matt.24:8
All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9 Then shall
they deliver you up to be afflicted,
and shall kill you: and ye shall
be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
==============================
O Lucifer, son of the morning!
Lk.10:15

And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven,
shalt be thrust down to hell

16 He that heareth you heareth me;
and he that despiseth you despiseth me;
and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me

Last edited:
//
That which seems Jewish in the book of Revelation is symbolic for that pertaining to spiritual Israel - the Church:

Rev 1:20 - The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

To insert Israel after the flesh into the book of Revelation by interpreting its contents literally is to be hoodwinked by an apocalyptic scheme of interpretation that was purposely crafted by a 16th century Jesuit priest to deflect attention off the Pope.
Unbound68 said:

========================================
yep; well said
The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand,
and the seven golden candlesticks.
The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches:
and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest
are the seven churches.
I am the Vine, and ye are the branches,​
------------posters-----------
there is
only 12 Branches on that vine
How art thou fallen from heaven,
O Lucifer, son of the morning!
how art thou cut down to the ground,
which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart,
I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God:​
//.

The antichrist will enter a new temple the Jews shall build in Jerusalem, have a statue of himself set up in it, which his sidekick the false prophet will, by Satan's power, cause to speak, as his boss declares himself to be God. Also, at that time, the FP will institute the marka the beast.

I'd say the ceremony won't last more than a day. The antichrist will likely return to wherever his palace is. But his statue will remain in the temple.
Wow...this reply was April 7 2021.....it's becoming apparent that the "statue" will be driven by AI.

Back