How many years should I pray for atheists/agnostics, deists, and cultists to become Christians?

I'm not talking about unbelievers in general; I'm talking about specific people. By all of them, do you mean my entire life for atheist relatives?

o_O If they are chosen for salvation by God, why does their salvation depend on how many years I pray? If not chosen, is God going to overpower their free will because I prayed 98, 000 or 99,000 times?
I hope not to offend you. It seems this is a serious question, as it should be. It depends not on the Will of the Man, or the Will of a Father; it doesn't depend on the Runner or the Worker. It depends on God. I'm sorry; I'll leave you alone...

So you like Joseph Smith's method?
Dont know who Joseph Smith is and really do not care. God is my source not Joseph Smith LOL.
God's word convinces His followers when He chooses and we don't have to take Gary Mac's word.
Dont take my words at all, nor Jesus words at all, that is your perogative. The way of my God and the way of Jesus God is Him in me and I in Him as one as Jesus was one in Him. See Jesus prayer too his God for me to be in John 17.
Are you aware that Jesus IS God?
Im aware Jesus was Gods son just as we all are who has the same from our Father that Jesus had from Him.

Are you aware of the God Jesus prayed to and said sent him to show you the way of the Father, and that he could do noting without his Father who sent him?

Are you aware that Jesus didnt even know God or His Spirit until God came to the man and opened up all of who He is and His heaven in Jesus in Matt 3:16?

Are you aware that you are supposed to have from God the same mind of God who was in Jesus and walk in the light as He is in the light with the same signs following?

Whoever has taught you that a man was a god doesnt know the One who came to Jesus, Adam, Abraham Moses, 120 and in us all who has the same God who manifested Himself in these the very same this very day today.

Who do you say it is Jesus obeyed, and prayed to, and called father?

I'm a reformed believer and I don't believe any of these claims. In fact, I've read some of your posts that border on atheism. I don't think you are an atheist and it's not my personal business anyway. Just sayin' how you may be coming across.

God Speed

I'd get banned a week if I said what you said to me.

I'd be reported and told that I have to "source" my claims.

That's why I pray for Calvinists and the abusers on this forum.

I hope not to offend you. It seems this is a serious question, as it should be. It depends not on the Will of the Man, or the Will of a Father; it doesn't depend on the Runner or the Worker. It depends on God. I'm sorry; I'll leave you alone...

Who needs to really pray then.... logically.

Fancy the Arminian praying:

"Lord, I thank Thee I am not like those poor presumptuous Calvinists. Lord, I was born with a glorious free-will; I was born with power by which I can turn to Thee of myself; I have improved my grace. If everybody had done the same with their grace that I have, they might have all been saved. Lord, I know that Thou does not make us willing if we are not willing ourselves. Thou givest grace to everybody; some do not improve it: but I do..."

C. H. Spurgeon

It's not self-glorifying to receive help from God.

It doesn't even make sense.

Dont know who Joseph Smith is and really do not care. God is my source not Joseph Smith LOL.

Dont take my words at all, nor Jesus words at all, that is your perogative. The way of my God and the way of Jesus God is Him in me and I in Him as one as Jesus was one in Him. See Jesus prayer too his God for me to be in John 17.

Im aware Jesus was Gods son just as we all are who has the same from our Father that Jesus had from Him.

Are you aware of the God Jesus prayed to and said sent him to show you the way of the Father, and that he could do noting without his Father who sent him?

Are you aware that Jesus didnt even know God or His Spirit until God came to the man and opened up all of who He is and His heaven in Jesus in Matt 3:16?

Are you aware that you are supposed to have from God the same mind of God who was in Jesus and walk in the light as He is in the light with the same signs following?

Whoever has taught you that a man was a god doesnt know the One who came to Jesus, Adam, Abraham Moses, 120 and in us all who has the same God who manifested Himself in these the very same this very day today.

Who do you say it is Jesus obeyed, and prayed to, and called father?
You might come to know the True Trinity and be overwhelmed with God's LOVE! I read my Bible because I loe God! By the way all cultists claim God is the source of their information. That's what Joseph Smith did.

You aren't offending me at all. I was trying to learn an answer to the question because I wondered why people acted like my prayers would make God change His plan or mind. And it all comes back to knowing that He actually has a plan.

Faith begins with God, only He converts the naysayers, He has a purpose and He fulfills it. Questioning and discussing it strengthens my faith in His plan. Steve Green understood this truth and I ran across his lyrics:

He who began a good work in you
He who began a good work in you
Will be faithful to complete it
He'll be faithful to complete it
He who started the work
Will be faithful to complete it in you
If the struggle you're facing
Is slowly replacing
Your hope with despair
Or the process is long
And you're losing your song
In the night you can be sure
That the Lord has His hand on you
Safe and secure
He will never abandon you
You are His treasure
And He finds His pleasure in you

I never heard or saw the lyrics to that beautiful song until this afternoon.

But I also like the song A Great Work by Brian Courtney Wilson.

Anyway no one convinced to disbelieve that God is in control.

Philippians 1:6
3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 4 Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, 5 For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; 6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Thank you, @ReverendRV!

Last edited:
Really? I get the impression that people think I lack faith that "God will grant my wishes."
As many years as you are given. In the same way you should be sharing with them the law, through which they will acquire the knowledge of sin, and the gospel of Jesus Christ in the narrow sense, the objective true good news of the person and work of Christ for all men.

The place where people will find God blessing all men is at the cross. There they will see the incarnate and crucified LORD for the sins of the world and later raised for their justification.

The cross of Christ is the epitome of the victorious Christan life.

Don't pray for it at all.
It is either in God's plan for them to become Christians or not.
Your prayer won't change God's plan.

Our prayers won't change God's plan but they may help determine what that plan is. God has already determined who will be saved and who won't, but when he made that determination he knew every prayer that we would make and so it is possible that our prayers were taken into account. This means that we should pray for the salvation of others. Paul prayed for the salvation of the Jews. Romans 10:1 says, "Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved."

How many years should I pray for atheists/agnostics, deists, and cultists to become Christians?​

Five and a half years for atheists and agnostics.

Six years for deists.

Three years for cultists.

Our prayers won't change God's plan but they may help determine what that plan is. God has already determined who will be saved and who won't, but when he made that determination he knew every prayer that we would make and so it is possible that our prayers were taken into account. This means that we should pray for the salvation of others. Paul prayed for the salvation of the Jews. Romans 10:1 says, "Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved."
My question wasn't "Should we pray for others?" All Christians pray for others. I'm sorry I even asked the question. I won't get an answer from people who don't have one. We have a thread full of opinions instead of Bible verses.

Last edited:
6 He also spoke this parable: "A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none.
7 "Then he said to the keeper of his vineyard,`Look, for three years I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?'
8 "But he answered and said to him,`Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it.
9 `And if it bears fruit, well. But if not, after that you can cut it down.'"
(Lk. 13:6-9 NKJ)

Ask the Holy Spirit what this means.

This is the best answer I've received! I LOVE it!

Back