How many?

Fenuay

Just wondering how many posters on this specific forum are still members? Looks like we have three. BoJ, Aaron, and Mesenja. Is there anyone else? This forum used to be so busy years ago, I'm guessing its just sort of fading like things do.

The Prophet

Just wondering how many posters on this specific forum are still members? Looks like we have three. BoJ, Aaron, and Mesenja. Is there anyone else? This forum used to be so busy years ago, I'm guessing its just sort of fading like things do.
Mormon members just can't pull off their misinformation as easy with fact-checking on the internet as easy to find the error their they are trying to pull off :)

brotherofJared

Some of the normal posters on this site have passed away, others are just tired of arguing points that we don't believe or teach. There was a rule change that or enforcement that also killed a lot of interest.

No one wants to be in a butt kicking contest where one leg is tied.

Theo1689

Well, there's also merinos, but he has been limiting his activity to the A&C forum, and hasn't posted in a month and a half.

Fenuay

Some of the normal posters on this site have passed away, others are just tired of arguing points that we don't believe or teach. There was a rule change that or enforcement that also killed a lot of interest.

No one wants to be in a butt kicking contest where one leg is tied.
I do feel like the rules seem to be unfair now. I was banned for three days for "rules violation". No infraction, no warning and no info on what I did wrong. But I suppose we all have to remember this is an Evangelical Christian Site so the rules may lean a little bit in their favor. And before anyone asks, I say their because I am a Christian and I believe in sharing Gods word but I do not affiliate myself with Evangelical or Charismatic sects of Christianity.

Yitoz

I'm an ex-Mormon who has been semi 'off grid,' for awhile. Returning to this forum and reading some of the same old falsehoods presented by some of the same old Mormons is kind of like skipping a soap opera for the same amount of time. When you tune in after a hiatus, you find that you haven't missed all that much. Two areas that have never been clarified, as far as I know are 1. what is the origin of their holy ghost, and 2. where is their historical proof for their alleged restoration of apostolic Christianity?

I have been doing an in depth study of ecclesiastical history prior to the Western reformation and can find no proofs for many of the alleged restorations that Mormonism claims that they restored. Usually when I find something that sounds similar to Mormon teachings that happened prior to the ninth century, the person teaching that particular doctrine was declared a heretic. At other times, valid teachings have been distorted or misrepresented as being the same as Mormon doctrines held in modernity.

While Biblical archaeological finding are exploding in divers areas of the Levant and NT lands; lidar has not been too successful in providing proofs for their Book's claims regarding Meso and South America. New Mayan discoveries by lidar are not Lamanite of Nephite discoveries. In fact archaeological finds in areas in parts of South America reveal extinct cultures that would have preceded those spoken of in their Book by at least a number decades.

The Prophet

I'm an ex-Mormon who has been semi 'off grid,' for awhile. Returning to this forum and reading some of the same old falsehoods presented by some of the same old Mormons is kind of like skipping a soap opera for the same amount of time. When you tune in after a hiatus, you find that you haven't missed all that much. Two areas that have never been clarified, as far as I know are 1. what is the origin of their holy ghost, and 2. where is their historical proof for their alleged restoration of apostolic Christianity?
Heber C. Kimball stated: "The Holy Ghost is a man; he is one of the sons of our Father and our God" (Journal of Discourses, vol.5, p.179).

When the Book of Mormon disagrees with Heber C Kimball and teach the Holy Spirit and Holy Ghost is GOD from Eternity

Alma 11:
44 Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but everything shall be restored to its perfect frame, as it is now, or in the body, and shall be brought and be arraigned before the bar of Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one Eternal God, to be judged according to their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil.

Doctrine and Covenants 20 :

28 Which Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are one God, infinite and eternal, without end. Amen.

I have been doing an in depth study of ecclesiastical history prior to the Western reformation and can find no proofs for many of the alleged restorations that Mormonism claims that they restored. Usually when I find something that sounds similar to Mormon teachings that happened prior to the ninth century, the person teaching that particular doctrine was declared a heretic. At other times, valid teachings have been distorted or misrepresented as being the same as Mormon doctrines held in modernity.

While Biblical archaeological finding are exploding in divers areas of the Levant and NT lands; lidar has not been too successful in providing proofs for their Book's claims regarding Meso and South America. New Mayan discoveries by lidar are not Lamanite of Nephite discoveries. In fact archaeological finds in areas in parts of South America reveal extinct cultures that would have preceded those spoken of in their Book by at least a number decades.

Janice Bower

Heber C. Kimball stated: "The Holy Ghost is a man; he is one of the sons of our Father and our God" (Journal of Discourses, vol.5, p.179).

When the Book of Mormon disagrees with Heber C Kimball and teach the Holy Spirit and Holy Ghost is GOD from Eternity

Alma 11:
44 Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but everything shall be restored to its perfect frame, as it is now, or in the body, and shall be brought and be arraigned before the bar of Christ the Son, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, which is one Eternal God, to be judged according to their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil.

Doctrine and Covenants 20 :

28 Which Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are one God, infinite and eternal, without end. Amen.
Aha! So when did they become gods without temple marriages?

D&C 132:19-20, particularly 20:

19 And again, verily I say unto you, if a man marry a wife by my word, which is my law, and by the new and everlasting covenant, ...Ye shall come forth in the first resurrection; ...and shall inherit thrones, kingdoms, principalities, and powers, dominions, ...and they shall pass by the angels, and the gods, which are set there, to their exaltation and glory in all things, as hath been sealed upon their heads, which glory shall be a fulness and a continuation of the seeds forever and ever.

20 Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be gods, because they have all power, and the angels are subject unto them.

But because all spiritual things are uncreated matter, nothing can cease to exist so even those in outer darkness without offspring will exist forever.

Richard7

Yep, me. Richard/Ralf..... been posting here for 20 yrs.