How "pro-life" is it to deny the sacrament?

Temujin

Interesting then that your beliefs as an atheist have so much in common with HillsboroMom as a Christian
That is the point I am making. It isn't a religious thing at all. People just have a different outlook. The differences can be hung on religion, politics, nationality or whatever, but I don't think that matters. Some personalities are simply incompatible with others.

I would disagree profoundly with @HillsboroMom on religion and probably many other things as well, but on a secular issue such as abortion, I think we agree, at least on outcomes. Our reasons for coming to those outcomes are also probably different.

BMS

That is the point I am making. It isn't a religious thing at all. People just have a different outlook. The differences can be hung on religion, politics, nationality or whatever, but I don't think that matters. Some personalities are simply incompatible with others.

I would disagree profoundly with @HillsboroMom on religion and probably many other things as well, but on a secular issue such as abortion, I think we agree, at least on outcomes. Our reasons for coming to those outcomes are also probably different.
So when you said 'sex, gender' what did you mean by gender?

BMS

I am not religious; Jesus kind of did away with religion.

BMS

I disagree. With God it is the Spirit that is the guide and nothing to do with personality.

Temujin

I disagree. With God it is the Spirit that is the guide and nothing to do with personality.
Once again, you prove my point. There is no meeting point between us on any subject. Absolutely nothing you post makes any sense to me. For example, if this statement by you was true, every Christian would present with the same personality, a ludicrous suggestion. Unless it is your belief that only those who not only agree with you, but also share your personality, are truly Christian. If that is the case, then heaven is likely to be very lonely, as well as being misnamed.

Temujin

So when you said 'sex, gender' what did you mean by gender?
I refer you to the answer I gave a few days ago, or to any standard dictionary you care to choose. That is what I mean by the term. What you understand by the term may be something completely different, but that is your problem, not mine.

BMS

Once again, you prove my point. There is no meeting point between us on any subject. Absolutely nothing you post makes any sense to me. For example, if this statement by you was true, every Christian would present with the same personality, a ludicrous suggestion. Unless it is your belief that only those who not only agree with you, but also share your personality, are truly Christian. If that is the case, then heaven is likely to be very lonely, as well as being misnamed.
Well since it is the same Spirit rather than the same personality, then they wouldn't present the same personality, but the same Spirit. That was my point.
I can recognise the same Spirit in lots of posters here who don't seem to have the same personality as me. Its essentially agreement with God's biblical testimony because the Spirit reminds us of what Jesus taught and did.

BMS

I refer you to the answer I gave a few days ago, or to any standard dictionary you care to choose. That is what I mean by the term. What you understand by the term may be something completely different, but that is your problem, not mine.
So I refer you to my reply that it makes no sense, and the reasons I gave as to why.

Temujin

Well since it is the same Spirit rather than the same personality, then they wouldn't present the same personality, but the same Spirit. That was my point.
I can recognise the same Spirit in lots of posters here who don't seem to have the same personality as me. Its essentially agreement with God's biblical testimony because the Spirit reminds us of what Jesus taught and did.
Well, I can recognise those who agree with you, or share the same delusional worldview, which is the other way of looking at "sharing the same Spirit".

BMS

The attitude that Christianity is not a religion, is one of the more unfathomable arrogances of a minority of Christians.
But Christians nonetheless. Jesus said "13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

Temujin

So I refer you to my reply that it makes no sense, and the reasons I gave as to why.
You asked me what I meant. You claim that every standard dictionary definition "makes no sense". This, is your problem, not mine.

Temujin

But Christians nonetheless. Jesus said "13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."
Oh, I don't for a moment want to say that you are not Christian. It's just that I know a great many Christians who think that the view that Christianity is not a religion, is barking mad. I agree with them, not you. I'm not following either faction through "the narrow gate".

BMS

Well, I can recognise those who agree with you, or share the same delusional worldview, which is the other way of looking at "sharing the same Spirit".
Yes that might well be it. Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world.

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

BMS

You asked me what I meant. You claim that every standard dictionary definition "makes no sense". This, is your problem, not mine.
No I don't just claim it, I demonstrated why. The dictionary definitions have been changed in the last couple of years. Doesn't fool me

BMS

Oh, I don't for a moment want to say that you are not Christian. It's just that I know a great many Christians who think that the view that Christianity is not a religion, is barking mad. I agree with them, not you. I'm not following either faction through "the narrow gate".
I haven't been quoting me, but Jesus.

Temujin

I haven't been quoting me, but Jesus.
This is important to you. It is not important to me. One of the reasons it is not important to me, is that other people, who also call themselves Christian use what they also claim are the words of Jesus to say something completely opposite to what you say. Arguing a point based on "this is what Jesus says" is completely worthless, since Jesus apparently said a lot of things that are interpreted in different ways. You are not Jesus. I am afraid that when you claim to speak with the voice of Jesus, I don't believe you.

BMS

This is important to you. It is not important to me. One of the reasons it is not important to me, is that other people, who also call themselves Christian use what they also claim are the words of Jesus to say something completely opposite to what you say. Arguing a point based on "this is what Jesus says" is completely worthless, since Jesus apparently said a lot of things that are interpreted in different ways. You are not Jesus. I am afraid that when you claim to speak with the voice of Jesus, I don't believe you.
Well I very much hope it would be important to you.
Jesus said to some of them that they could interpret the signs of the weather but they couldnt interpret the signs of the times. He also said the Holy Spirit guides in truth and reminds believers of all He taught. (John 14-17)
The words interpret and remind are different and of course they have different meanings.
However with the last few quotes of what Jesus said havent given you my interpretation. Would you like to hear it?

BMS

Oh I am not claiming to speak WITH the voice of Jesus, I just quoted what He said.