How the New Birth is brought about.

TomFL

4. How the New Birth is brought about.
While we say there is nothing a man can do to regenerate himself, there is something which he must do to obtain the regenerating work of God in his own life. The following two experiences are necessary:
a) Believing the message of the Gospel. The sinner must believe that the Work of Christ on the Cross is sufficient for salvation. There must ever be a close relationship between the doctrines of the Cross and Regeneration. 1 Peter 1:17–23 shows that it is on the basis of the “precious blood of Christ” (v. 19) one is “born again” (v. 23).
b) Accepting Jesus Christ as Savior. Salvation is an intensely personal experience. By placing our faith in all that Jesus is, and has done for us, we receive Him as our Savior. “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name” (Jn. 1:12). “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus” (Gal. 3:26).

Guy P. Duffield and Nathaniel M. Van Cleave, Foundations of Pentecostal Theology (Los Angeles, CA: L.I.F.E. Bible College, 1983), 233.

zerinus

4. How the New Birth is brought about.
While we say there is nothing a man can do to regenerate himself, there is something which he must do to obtain the regenerating work of God in his own life. The following two experiences are necessary:
a) Believing the message of the Gospel. The sinner must believe that the Work of Christ on the Cross is sufficient for salvation. There must ever be a close relationship between the doctrines of the Cross and Regeneration. 1 Peter 1:17–23 shows that it is on the basis of the “precious blood of Christ” (v. 19) one is “born again” (v. 23).
b) Accepting Jesus Christ as Savior. Salvation is an intensely personal experience. By placing our faith in all that Jesus is, and has done for us, we receive Him as our Savior. “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name” (Jn. 1:12). “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus” (Gal. 3:26).

Guy P. Duffield and Nathaniel M. Van Cleave, Foundations of Pentecostal Theology (Los Angeles, CA: L.I.F.E. Bible College, 1983), 233.
The biblical steps 🚶‍♂️ to regeneration are as follows:

1. Faith in Jesus Christ.
2. Repentance from past sins.
3. Baptism of water for remission of sins (birth of water).
4. Baptism of fire and Holy Ghost (born of Spirit).

Theo1689

If these are the "biblical [sic] steps", then why can't you support them with SCRIPTURE?

"Born of water" in John 3 is NOT referring to "baptism".
If you disagree, then you need to PROVE it, not simply "assume" it.

zerinus

If these are the "biblical [sic] steps", then why can't you support them with SCRIPTURE?
Dumb comment. That is something that is written all over the NT.
"Born of water" in John 3 is NOT referring to "baptism".
If you disagree, then you need to PROVE it, not simply "assume" it.
The Early Church Fathers, for the first five centuries of Christianity, unanimously agreed that it was, and I trust them more.

Theo1689

Dumb comment. That is something that is written all over the NT.
Dumb comment.

If your false claim were true, it would be EASY to document it.
But you can't.
Because it's false.

The Early Church Fathers, for the first five centuries of Christianity, unanimously agreed that it was, and I trust them more.

Two problems:

1) The ECF's aren't Scripture. If you want the ECF's as your authority, you're going to accept "faith alone", "only one god exists", and many other doctrines which run contradictory to your Mormonism.

2) Not all the ECF's even WROTE about "born of water", so it's IMPOSSIBLE for them to "unanimously agreed" about it.

But if your claim were true (and it's not, which is why you're going to RUN AWAY from having to defend your false claim, then by all means, please demonstrate this "unanimous agreement" from:

Clement of Rome,
Mathetes,
Polycarp,
Ignatius,
Barnabas,
Papias,
Justin Martyr,
Irenaeus.
Hermas,
Tatian,
Theophilus,
Athenagoras,
Clement of Alexandria
Tertullian
Minucius Felix;
Commodian;
Origen
Hippolytus;
Cyprian;
Caius;
Novatian;
Gregory Thaumaturgus;
Dinoysius the Great;
Julius Africanus;
Anatolius
Methodius;
Arnobius
Lactantius,
Venantius,
Asterius,
Victorinus,
Dionysius,
Tatian;
Augustine;
Chrysostom;
Theodoret;
Jerome;
Gennadius
Rufinus
Athanasius;
Gregory of Nyssa;
Cyril of Jerusalem;
Gregory Nazianzen;
Basil;
Hilary of Poitiers;
John of Damascus;
Ambrose;

... because I'm sure you've PERSONALLY read all their works, to know that they are allegedly "universally agreed", right? :) :) ;)

TomFL

I notice that order was not followed in the experience of Cornelius/
He was regenerated and had life before ever receiving water

Baptism with water is a symbol

The reality is baptism with the Holy Spirit

1 Cor. 12:13 —KJV
“For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.”

context showing

1 Cor. 12:12 —KJV
“¶ For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.”

zerinus

I notice that order was not followed in the experience of Cornelius/
He was regenerated and had life before ever receiving water
He was an exception. He was the first Gentiles convert. God made an exception of Cornelius in order to convince Peter, and the other Jews that accompanied him, that the Gentiles were as good as the Jews as far as the promises of the gospel were concerned. Peter acknowledges that in this quote:

Acts 10:

44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

In all other instances recorded in the NT, the gift of the Holy Ghost follows baptism.

Baptism with water is a symbol
Not according to the Bible. According to the Bible (1) all converts were baptized without exception; it was a requirement; and (2) it was for the remission of sins, and a sign of regeneration:

Luke 3:

3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

Acts 2:

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and [then] ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 22:

16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

No baptism, no remission of sins, therefore no Holy Ghost, and no "regeneration".

The reality is baptism with the Holy Spirit
Not true, see above. Baptism was a sacrament of regeneration, and a requirement:

Romans 6:

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Colossians 2:

12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Titus 3:

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration [in baptism], and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Google for "baptismal regeneration," or if you want to narrow it down to the early Church, Google for "baptismal regeneration in the Church fathers," or something similar, and you will soon get the idea.

civic

You have it all backwards as usual. You leave God out of everything.

John 15:16
"You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you.

John 6:37,44-45
37"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out.
44“No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. 45 It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught of God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me.

John 6:64-65
But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray Him. 65 And He was saying, “For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted him from the Father.”

The Greek word translated “draw” is helkuo, which means “to drag” (literally or figuratively). Clearly, this drawing is a one-sided affair. God does the drawing to salvation; we who are drawn have a passive role in the process. There is no doubt that we respond to His drawing us, but the drawing itself is all on His part.

Helkuo is used in John 21:6 to refer to a heavy net full of fish being dragged to the shore. In John 18:10 we see Peter drawing his sword, and in Acts 16:19 helkuo is used to describe Paul and Silas being dragged into the marketplace before the rulers. Clearly, the net had no part in its being drawn to the shore, Peter’s sword had no part in being drawn, and Paul and Silas did not drag themselves to the marketplace. The same can be said of God’s drawing of some to salvation. Some come willingly, and some are dragged unwillingly, but all eventually come, although we have no part in the drawing. got questions

Deuteronomy 30:6
And the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your offspring, so that you will love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live.

Ezekiel 26:25-27
I will
sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you…27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.

Ezekiel 36:26
And I will give you
a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

John 1:12-13
But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Acts 11:8
When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, "Well then, God has granted to the Gentiles also the repentance that leads to life."

Acts 13:48 “as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.”

Ephesians 2:5
even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—

Colossians 2:13
And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,

Titus 3:5
He saved us
, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

2 Timothy 2:25
Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,

James 1:18
Of his own will
he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

1 Peter 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Salvation is of the LORD !

not man, his choice but Gods will, decision and doing. John 1:13

hope this helps !!!

TomFL

He was an exception. He was the first Gentiles convert. God made an exception of Cornelius in order to convince Peter, and the other Jews that accompanied him, that the Gentiles were as good as the Jews as far as the promises of the gospel were concerned. Peter acknowledges that in this quote:

Acts 10:

44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

So there was no requirement baptism with water precede Salvation as he was saved before baptism

and had been baptized with the Holy Spirit

In all other instances recorded in the NT, the gift of the Holy Ghost follows baptism.

Not according to the Bible. According to the Bible (1) all converts were baptized without exception; it was a requirement; and (2) it was for the remission of sins, and a sign of regeneration:

A sign yes

It is the baptism en (gr) the Holy spirit which places a man in Christ and provides regeneration

1 Cor. 12:13 —ESV
“For en (gr) one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.”

Luke 3:

3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

Acts 2:

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and [then] ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 22:

16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

No baptism, no remission of sins, therefore no Holy Ghost, and no "regeneration".

Not true, see above. Baptism was a sacrament of regeneration, and a requirement:

If that were true Cornel would not have been saved

Baptism with water is just a symbol of washed away sin through repentance

Repentance is what provides for remission of sin

Luke 24:47 —KJV
“And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.”

water baptism is but the symbol

Romans 6:

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

There is not a drop of water in this passage

We have a baptism into death not water

and a baptism into Christ

Colossians 2:

12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Col. 2:11–13 —ESV
“In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,
having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead.
And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,”

again this is spiritual not physical

Circumcision here is clearly spiritual

in union with Christ we are buried with him

the raising here is also spiritual speaking of regeneration

Titus 3:

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration [in baptism], and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

The words in baptism are not apart of the text and you merely assume water baptism

There is a greater baptism effected by one greater than John

That is Christ who baptizes in the Holy spirit

zerinus

So there was no requirement baptism with water precede Salvation as he was saved before baptism

and had been baptized with the Holy Spirit
Nobody is "saved" until they "endured to the end" and entered the kingdom of God in heaven. Instant salvation is not biblical. If Cornelius has rejected the baptism of water that Peter had commanded him to receive, and had not "endured to the end," the fact that he had receive the Holy Ghost at the time Peter preached to him, he still would not have been saved. "Instant salvation" is a figment of the Evangelical imagination; it is not biblical
If that were true Cornel would not have been saved
Show me one verse in the Bible that says Cornelius was instantly "saved". The Bible says that no one is "saved" until they have "endured to the end," and Cornelius was no exception.
Baptism with water is just a symbol of washed away sin through repentance

Repentance is what provides for remission of sin
Not by refusing to be baptized when commanded to, as in many instances in the Bible.
zerinus said:
Romans 6:

Baptism has many symbolisms attached to it, one of them being a symbolic representation of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. That scripture without question has reference to water baptism.
We have a baptism into death not water

and a baptism into Christ
Not so, see above.
again this is spiritual not physical

Circumcision here is clearly spiritual

in union with Christ we are buried with him

the raising here is also spiritual speaking of regeneration
The same, see above.
The words in baptism are not apart of the text and you merely assume water baptism

There is a greater baptism effected by one greater than John

That is Christ who baptizes in the Holy spirit
Ditto. You are twisting the word of God.

TomFL

Nobody is "saved" until they "endured to the end" and entered the kingdom of God in heaven. Instant salvation is not biblical. If Cornelius has rejected the baptism of water that Peter had commanded him to receive, and had not "endured to the end," the fact that he had receive the Holy Ghost at the time Peter preached to him, he still would not have been saved. "Instant salvation" is a figment of the Evangelical imagination; it is not biblical
Salvation is a present reality as well as a future expectation

Acts 2:21 —KJV
“And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Show me one verse in the Bible that says Cornelius was instantly "saved". The Bible says that no one is "saved" until they have "endured to the end," and Cornelius was no exception.

You mean aside from the fact eternal life is equated with salvation

John 3:16–17 —KJV
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”

He had life

Acts 11:18 —KJV
“When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.”

He had the Holy ghost , a purified heart and

Acts 15:8–11 —KJV
“And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.”

both of which are equated with being saved

Not by refusing to be baptized when commanded to, as in many instances in the Bible.

It is still repentance and not water which remits sin

Luke 24:47 —ESV
“and that repentance for the forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.”

Acts 3:19 —ESV
“Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out,”

Acts 5:31 —ESV
“God exalted him at his right hand as Leader and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.”

Acts 10:43 —ESV
“To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.””

Baptism has many symbolisms attached to it, one of them being a symbolic representation of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. That scripture without question has reference to water baptism.
Care to prove that

Romans 6:

again there is a baptisjm into death and a baptism into Christ

neither of which are water

there is a raising a resurrection but it is into newness of life spiritual certainly not a raising from water

Finally
Claiming I am twisting the word is proof of nothing support your claim with scripture and argumentation

TomFL

Cornelius proves that one is regenerate apart from the Gospel. He feared God, which is the fruit of the new heart !
sorry your claim is antiscriptural and based upon an assumption

while you ignore what scripture does state

James 1:18; 1 Pet. 1:23; 1 Cor. 4:15 —KJV
“Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.”

That is not how one should handle the word of God

zerinus

Salvation is a present reality as well as a future expectation

“And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

You mean aside from the fact eternal life is equated with salvation

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”

He had life

Acts 11:18 —KJV
“When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.”

He had the Holy ghost , a purified heart and

Acts 15:8–11 —KJV
“And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.”

both of which are equated with being saved

It is still repentance and not water which remits sin

Luke 24:47 —ESV
“and that repentance for the forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.”

Acts 3:19 —ESV
“Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out,”

Acts 5:31 —ESV
“God exalted him at his right hand as Leader and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.”

Acts 10:43 —ESV
“To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.””

Care to prove that

again there is a baptisjm into death and a baptism into Christ

neither of which are water

there is a raising a resurrection but it is into newness of life spiritual certainly not a raising from water

Finally
Claiming I am twisting the word is proof of nothing support your claim with scripture and argumentation
This is boring stuff. I have discussed all of that, and provided references to support my claims on the forum more than once. No need to rehash the same thing over again.

brightfame52

sorry your claim is antiscriptural and based upon an assumption

while you ignore what scripture does state

James 1:18; 1 Pet. 1:23; 1 Cor. 4:15 —KJV
“Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.”

That is not how one should handle the word of God
Its based on scripture. Cornelius was a born Again Righteous Man before he ever heard the Gospel. Had been given the gift of the Fear of God Peter had to acknowledge about the man Acts 10:33-34

Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 35 but in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Corny had been accepted with God and worked righteousness way before God sent him the Gospel, so he was already saved !

TomFL

This is boring stuff. I have discussed all of that, and provided references to support my claims on the forum more than once. No need to rehash the same thing over again.

Acts 16:31 —KJV
“And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.”

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

eternal life is equated with salvation

so

John 3:36 —KJV
“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”

John 5:24 —KJV
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

John 6:40 —KJV
“And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”

John 6:47 —KJV
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.”

TomFL

Its based on scripture. Cornelius was a born Again Righteous Man before he ever heard the Gospel. Had been given the gift of the Fear of God Peter had to acknowledge about the man Acts 10:33-34

Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 35 but in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Corny had been accepted with God and worked righteousness way before God sent him the Gospel, so he was already saved !
The fact is scripture shows the Gospel is the instrument of the new birth

James 1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

1Pet. 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

1Cor. 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

Cornelius did not have the gospel so he was not regenerate

TomFL

Sorry but that is simply irrational

9 But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. 10 And this was done three times: and all were drawn up again into heaven. 11 And, behold, immediately there were three men already come unto the house where I was, sent from Caesarea unto me. 12 And the spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man’s house: 13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter; 14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved

The Holy Bible: King James Version, Electronic Edition of the 1900 Authorized Version. (Bellingham, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 2009), Ac 11:9–14.

brightfame52

Sorry but that is simply irrational

9 But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. 10 And this was done three times: and all were drawn up again into heaven. 11 And, behold, immediately there were three men already come unto the house where I was, sent from Caesarea unto me. 12 And the spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man’s house: 13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter; 14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved

The Holy Bible: King James Version, Electronic Edition of the 1900 Authorized Version. (Bellingham, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 2009), Ac 11:9–14.
That word accepted is the greek word dektos
dek-tos'; from G1209; approved; (figuratively) propitious:—accepted(-table).

to receive favourably, give ear to, embrace, make one's own, approve, not to reject

He was accepted and approved of God, God was propitious towards him which denotes Christ had died for Him 1 Jn 2:2. Cant get no more saved than that, and he worked righteousness. That can never apply to the unregenerate !

Cornelius testimony here abolishes your false teaching of the Gospel makes one regenerated and all your imaginary delusions.

TomFL

That word accepted is the greek word dektos
dek-tos'; from G1209; approved; (figuratively) propitious:—accepted(-table).

to receive favourably, give ear to, embrace, make one's own, approve, not to reject

He was accepted and approved of God, God was propitious towards him which denotes Christ had died for Him 1 Jn 2:2. Cant get no more saved than that, and he worked righteousness. That can never apply to the unregenerate !

Cornelius testimony here abolishes your false teaching of the Gospel makes one regenerated and all your imaginary delusions.
Sorry he was not saved

Acts 11:14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved

He did not have life

He did not have the Holy spirit