How the New Birth is brought about.

T

TomFL

Okay I showed several spiritual blessings from Christ resurrection in 1 Pet 1 3. What are they?
No not from 1Pe 1:3 other verses yes

1 Pet. 1:3 —KJV
“¶ Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,”

Chalcedon

Interesting conversation. And just so you know, I believe that Jesus is God, that He died for my sins and that He was raised from the dead. I don't know where you are on that, but the poster is correct that I have a radical view of what the resurrection of Christ was. And in turn what ours will be.
You deny Jesus was Omnipresent, Omnipotent and Omniscient for 33 years while He walked this earth.

Have you suddenly changed your mind since covid in 2020 ?

Chalcedon

I am surprised when someone identifies as a Christian and yet does not want to discuss scripture. It makes me doubt that they are born again.
and quoting scripture doesn't mean much if you are not saying what you believe those passages actually mean.

I can quote John 1:1 all day long but it means something completely different to a unitarian or a oneness person. So clarifying what the quoted passage means helps out with a discussion, defining words, phrases, context etc.........

hope this helps !!!

Sethproton

Did you read what I posted about 1 Pet 1 3? According to it how were they born again?
Yes,I read what you said and then I quoted verse 3 and verse 5 back to you and your response was "wrong." That should tell you something. You thought i was telling you what I think so you called scripture wrong, which means your ideas are contrary to scripture.

brightfame52

Yes,I read what you said and then I quoted verse 3 and verse 5 back to you and your response was "wrong." That should tell you something. You thought i was telling you what I think so you called scripture wrong, which means your ideas are contrary to scripture.
What did I say about 1 Pet 1 3

Beloved

Interesting conversation. And just so you know, I believe that Jesus is God, that He died for my sins and that He was raised from the dead. I don't know where you are on that, but the poster is correct that I have a radical view of what the resurrection of Christ was. And in turn what ours will be.
a kind reply sethproton.

Chalcedon

a kind reply sethproton.
it appears so but he is kenosis which is why we need to get definitions from others because they can say Jesus is God but once you ask them a few questions they actually deny He is God. I know this because of literally 100's if not 1000's of exchanges with the person on the topic of His Deity and humanity of Christ.

T

TomFL

Evidently you don't want to discuss it. That is fine. Let me know if you change your mind.
Why did you divorce one verse from another

Do you recognize verse 3 is speaking of believers ?

1 Pet. 1:7 —NASB
“that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;”

brightfame52

Why did you divorce one verse from another

Do you recognize verse 3 is speaking of believers ?

1 Pet. 1:7 —NASB
“that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;”
Why do you ignore truth in the context? So how was regeneration brought about according to 1 Pet 1 3?