How to cut abortion rates.

Temujin

Since you have not studied medicine, Foetus is Latin. Why didn't you know that?[
Since you have studied neither medicine nor English, Foetus is an English word with a Latin root. It is no more Latin than bicycle is Greek.
In medicine we have a lot of Latin. You can fool yourself. Americ it spelled fetus.
there is a lot of English as well. In the UK we use the spelling "foetus". It means the same thing as fetus, but is closer to the Latin root.
Why do you disparage education so much?
As a good part of my income comes from my teacher's pension, I would say that your premise is faulty. Perhaps if you had been properly educated, in the UK for example, you would not be so ignorant about English.

Last edited:

Authentic Nouveau

Actually no. It was a serious political piece on Radio 4. But you highlight the salient point. "tummy" is clearly dumbing down to make the meaning clear to all. "Baby" is exactly the same.

That explains your sources. The Quacks on the radio,

All my sources are Board Certified AMERICAN Ob Docs.
Your sources lie. a lot. Even under oath.

Electric Skeptic

Regarding the OP, this is surely no news to anybody? Pro-lifers aren't pro-life at all*; if they were they'd be right behind increasing sex education and availability of contraception, as well as being behind social welfare programs to help babies. The entire pro-life movement is about posturing and being holier-than-thou. They're not interested in stopping abortion per se; they're interested only in stopping abortion their way - that is, by following their rules about sex. They are concerned with abortion because it is evidence that the world is not acting the way they claim it should, not because of any other consideration.

*Those (few) pro-lifers who are in favour of actions proven to lower the rate of abortion, such as increased comprehensive sex education and availability of contraception, are the exceptions to the rest of the post.

Mr Laurier

Regarding the OP, this is surely no news to anybody? Pro-lifers aren't pro-life at all*; if they were they'd be right behind increasing sex education and availability of contraception, as well as being behind social welfare programs to help babies. The entire pro-life movement is about posturing and being holier-than-thou. They're not interested in stopping abortion per se; they're interested only in stopping abortion their way - that is, by following their rules about sex. They are concerned with abortion because it is evidence that the world is not acting the way they claim it should, not because of any other consideration.

*Those (few) pro-lifers who are in favour of actions proven to lower the rate of abortion, such as increased comprehensive sex education and availability of contraception, are the exceptions to the rest of the post.
Yes. Sex-ed and available contraception work. Social programs work. Praying to the gods you make up to justify yourself... does not work.
They know this. But its about controlling women. These are the same anti-abortion loons who also sneak in the back of the clinic to get abortions for their wives, girlfriends, daughters, and mistresses. And then rush around to the front to protest against abortion.

Authentic Nouveau

"Wales" quacks on the radio.

My sources are all American Board Certified OB Docs.

The only argument atheeeists push is slander and false claims about my credentials.

Beloved Daughter

I thought the US was a Christian nation. If so, complaining that we're not a moral country is an indictment of American Christianity.

Murdering a child is not a moral action. Our nation was founded on Christian values. The fact that that we are not a majority is the result of selfishness, refusing to be accountable and a blatant disrespect for not only others, but even themselves. Shameful. Nothing good will come from it in the end.

The Bible predicted it:

"itching ears".

Whateverman

Our nation was founded on Christian values. The fact that that we are not a majority [...]
Is the US a Christian nation?
Are Christians a majority in this country?

According to Christians and US Census data, the answer to both questions is Yes.

As such, if there's any large-scale immorality, US Christianity is to blame.

Mr Laurier

Murdering a child is not a moral action. Our nation was founded on Christian values. The fact that that we are not a majority is the result of selfishness, refusing to be accountable and a blatant disrespect for not only others, but even themselves. Shameful. Nothing good will come from it in the end.

The Bible predicted it:

"itching ears".
... except when that child is Iraqi, or Palestinian. Your nation being?

What did the bible predict?

"try washing with soap and water"

Mr Laurier

I didn't say that. Do not misrepresent what I have said.

"itching ears.

If you don't want to discuss this civilly, then don't.

The source is the Bible. You ought to be able to do a simple search.
Ok.

So the bible predicts something already endemic. Got it.

You have a very big "If".

The bible is a poorly cobbled together mess of myths, legends, fairy tales, and priestly self justifications. Plagiarized stories. Hysterical ravings, and carefully cultivated ignorance. The mere fact that I have been able to do simple research for 40 years, places your bizzare insult in a category all its own.

Authentic Nouveau

Ok.

So the bible predicts something already endemic. Got it.

You have a very big "If".

The bible is a poorly cobbled together mess of myths, legends, fairy tales, and priestly self justifications. Plagiarized stories. Hysterical ravings, and carefully cultivated ignorance. The mere fact that I have been able to do simple research for 40 years, places your bizzare insult in a category all its own.
You have never studied the Bible. You also displayed you were never a born again Christian.

But you peddle your cobbled together Darwinian fantasies and myths.

Then the Baloney about a baby rotting in utero. Why do you fabricate stories?

Mr Laurier

You have never studied the Bible. You also displayed you were never a born again Christian.

Only every day for several years of my youth. I have never displayed any sich thing.

I have no cobbled together Darwinian fantasies and myths to peddle.

What baloney? Because I do not fabricate stories

Beloved Daughter

I agree with you about the study of the scriptures. It's a lifelong endeavor that requires diligence, dedication and a love for the TRIUNE God. It's a joy.