How to know that God exists.

This is addressed to atheists:

Go away, you are into dilatory nonsense.

You say that you don't need to have an answer to the question who or what put us in existence.

Now that you have your say, go away.

Just the same though, with atheists who happen to really want an answer to the question who or what put us in existence, let you and I work to first concur that we are existing today but gone tomorrow, we are transient entitites, that means we don't exist permaently.

Is that all right with you who are honestly curious about who or what put us in existence?

Honestly curious atheists, Don't go away, let us pursue this curious question hard-wired in our heart and mind, is that all right with you?

Go away, you are useless here.

Trying the gimmick of asking for evidence, what is evidence of any relevancy when it is obvious that you and I are existing, and we ask ourselves the question, who or what put us in existence.

That is your sad miserable dilatory gimmick of derailing the present discussion into evidence for what, your existence?

You mean you need evidence for you to know for yourself that you exist?

Go away, you are useless here in CARM.

Anyway, so you want evidence to prove to yourself that you exist?

Here is the evidence for you to prove that you exist:

Go bang your nose hard again and again onto a concrete wall.
Sorry Sunshine, but I was here long before you, and at the rate you are going, I will be here long after you are gone. I will continue to comment, on topic, whenever I am moved to do so. You need to spend less time trying to control other posters and more controlling your own temper.

I don't know who or what put us into existence.

I know that I exist.

OK?

Hi Gus, are you atheist or theist or what?

Anyway, as you know you exist, and I know I exist, then we are agreed that we do exist, because there are atheists who claim they are not certain they exist, and there are die-hard skeptics who insist they can't know nothing certain, not even the nose on their face.

Next question for us two, is there always existence?

From my part I say that there is always existence, period.

What about you, Gus?

Sorry Sunshine, but I was here long before you, and at the rate you are going, I will be here long after you are gone. I will continue to comment, on topic, whenever I am moved to do so. You need to spend less time trying to control other posters and more controlling your own temper.

Let's just get relevant.

You are what, an atheist?

The thread is on "How to know God exists."

So, as an atheist your position or question should be "How to know God does not exist," is that correct.

Hi Gus, are you atheist or theist or what?
Why does that label matter if we just try to stay rational and logical?

Anyway, as you know you exist, and I know I exist, then we are agreed that we do exist, because there are atheists who claim they are not certain they exist, and there are die-hard skeptics who insist they can't know nothing certain, not even the nose on their face.

Next question for us two, is there always existence?

From my part I say that there is always existence, period.

What about you, Gus?
I don't know one way or the other. What makes you say that there was always existence?

see post 508

Basically, I didn't believe the existence of God and evolution were compatible.
The Word of GOD is powerful to make free the souls of the Satan's trap. Therefore, put on the whole armour of GOD, the Almighty, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the Devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world (satanic world), against spiritual wickedness in high places. Take unto you the whole armour of GOD, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand, above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith you shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the Devil. And take the helmet of SALVATION, and the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. The Word is GOD, the invisible GOD.

And the GOD of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

This is addressed to everyone.

Here I go again, who or what put us in existence?

This question is hard-wired in the brain of every human, that's how and why every human is asking that question.

Are you asking that question, you are human, aren't you?

I Yrger am human, and I am addressing that question to myself and to all fellow humans.

What about atheists, are you asking that question at all, asking yourself, or you don't know about such a question in your heart and mind, that makes you different.

I understand perfectly.

I just don't believe.
Now , now, I only replied your post to clarify the real NATURE of you and the whole wicked generation of all nations as feed of the Devil, GOD commanded Satan to eat only of the dust of the earth , so you and also all the devilish nations are the feed of the Devil.

You understood perfectly as you have said above, my goal was for you to understand, not you get to believe, that's up to you.

Let's just get relevant.

You are what, an atheist?

The thread is on "How to know God exists."

So, as an atheist your position or question should be "How to know God does not exist," is that correct.
No. To me the claim that a god does exist is extraordinary and fantastical. It's your claim. I am here to see why you think you know that God does exist. To date you have not said anything to justify your claim. I am all ears.

Why does that label matter if we just try to stay rational and logical?

(1) I don't know one way or the other. (2) What makes you say that there was always existence?

To your (1), are you saying that you are ignorant. in which case, sorry, but I have to tell you, go away.

To your (2), that question from you is not really a question, but you are telling me that you don't know that there is always existence.

I see right away that you don't do any intelligent, rational, and productive thinking at all.

Notwithstanding that - forgive me, you have a brain, don't you?

Now, Gus, think with your brain!

Envision that there is not alwasy existence, that means that there was a time when there was no existence.

That means there was nothingness i.e. 'nothing exists'.

Now, my turn to ask you a genuine question:

Is or is it not the fact and the truth that you and I exist?

There are three ways man comes to know the existence of God:

1. By man's intelligence and his rational faculty and his reasoning process.
2. By reading the Bible for Christians and Orthodox Jews, and the Koran for Muslims.
3. By meditation.

I know God exists by the No. 1 way.

Very briefly:
a. Man is a transient entity i.e. he is here today and then after some years of life like as much as 90 years plus, he dies.
b. The transient existence of man inevitably implicates the existence of God as the permanent self-existent creator and operator of man and the universe and everything transient.
d. Therefore God exists.
Simpler than that. DIE, and HIS existence will be immediately obvious.

Of course Romans 1 states that humans already KNOW God exists (it's built in), but do their BEST to erase Him from their knowledge.

So there really AREN'T any "Atheists", only run of the mill "Agnostics".

Addressisg eveyone here:

Atheists don't claim anything in CARM forums.

So, I tell you atheists, go away, you are useless here.

So, you don't claim nohing here in CARM forums.

Go away, you are useless here.
Abuse and pathetic ordering other posters about, don't cut the mustard. You asked me a question, and I answered it. I can see you cannot cope with the answer. It makes one wonder just who is the useless one? Is your thread going as you planned?

Addressisg eveyone here:

Atheists don't claim anything in CARM forums.

So, I tell you atheists, go away, you are useless here.
This is the secular part of the forums, where atheists have been specifically invited to put you through your paces. If you cannot cope talking to atheists, stick to the other boards outside the secular section. You will be safe there.

I am not here to claim. I am here to listen to, and discuss your claims. Why are you so frightened of doing that?

Hi Caroljeen. Did you finish the book by Jerry Coyne? To my shame I was going to read along and compare notes but didn't, I was not feeling too well at the time so didn't make the effort. Did it affect you at all?
No, I haven't finished yet. I'm on chapter 6.
Yes, it has affected me.
I hope you're feeling better.

To your (1), are you saying that you are ignorant. in which case, sorry, but I have to tell you, go away.
No, I don't have enough information to decide either way.

To your (2), that question from you is not really a question, but you are telling me that you don't know that there is always existence.
No, I'm asking for information from you, information that I don't currently have.

I see right away that you don't do any intelligent, rational, and productive thinking at all.

Notwithstanding that - forgive me, you have a brain, don't you?

Now, Gus, think with your brain!

Envision that there is not alwasy existence, that means that there was a time when there was no existence.

That means there was nothingness i.e. 'nothing exists'.
I will agree with you that, if there was not always existence, then there was a time when there was no existence.

Now, my turn to ask you a genuine question:

Is or is it not the fact and the truth that you and I exist?
Yes, you and I exist.

Where are you taking this?

Addressing everybody:

It is useless exchanging posts with atheists, they just keep on and on and on into nothing: really of any rational orientation on the issue God exists or not.

But when you truly read them extra carefully, essentially they are into all kinds and manners of evasions from the issue God exists or not.

I will now ask them:

Atheists, do you know what is existence, give your definition of what is existence.

Now, everyone, let us just sit back and await with bated breath to witness: how they react to my request to them, give your definition of what is existence.

Back