How to know that God exists.

Hi SteveB, shouldn't you as a follower of Jesus Christ be praying for the salvation of people who do not accept God exists, instead of threatening them with hell fire?
What makes you think I'm not praying for them?
Furthermore, what makes you think that I don't have others praying for them too?

Have you ever read Ezekiel 33?

1¶Again the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
2“Son of man, speak to the children of your people, and say to them: ‘When I bring the sword upon a land, and the people of the land take a man from their territory and make him their watchman,
3‘when he sees the sword coming upon the land, if he blows the trumpet and warns the people,
4‘then whoever hears the sound of the trumpet and does not take warning, if the sword comes and takes him away, his blood shall be on his own head.
5‘He heard the sound of the trumpet, but did not take warning; his blood shall be upon himself. But he who takes warning will save his life.
6‘But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, and the people are not warned, and the sword comes and takes any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at the watchman’s hand.’
7¶“So you, son of man: I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore you shall hear a word from My mouth and warn them for Me.
8“When I say to the wicked, ‘O wicked man, you shall surely die!’ and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand.
9“Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.

So... threatening? Not even remotely.
I encourage you to take the time to learn the bible.

Yes.... sort of. I don't maintain that nature is a god by standard definitions of god. Nature is blind to my existence, but it is what I find my being in.

You say nature is blind to your existence, but I guess you love nature, that's why you elevate nature to the summit of existence.

May I commend you for your advocacy of environmentalism?

The resurrection of Jesus.
The existence of the Jewish people and the nation of Israel.

Your own words.
There is no real evidence that Jesus resurrected.
If there was, that's still this life, not eternity in some fairy-tale kingdom.
What does the existence of the Jewish people tell us about eternity?
Their "kingdom of God" is expected to be here on earth.
How are my own words evidence that what you claim, is real.

What about we start with existence:
a. There is always and everywhere existence.
b. In ultimate summation, existence are of two kinds: permanent and transient.
c. We humans are transient, we live and then we die.
d. Our transiency implicates the existence of the permanent self-existent God creator and operator of man and the universe and everything transient.
e. Therefore God exists.

a) - c) is reasonable.
d) is the typical unlogical jump that there must be something more because of a)- c) and … surprise … you all of sudden call this God.
e) is based on the unlogic of d)

That assertion has to be based on some previously perceived dishonesty on my part. So let me slightly alter your task and see if you once again dodge it:

Fill in the blank:

"Stiggy was previously dishonest. Let me give just one example: __________________________________."
I have obviously got under your skin,

What makes you think I'm not praying for them?
Furthermore, what makes you think that I don't have others praying for them too?

Have you ever read Ezekiel 33?

1¶Again the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
2“Son of man, speak to the children of your people, and say to them: ‘When I bring the sword upon a land, and the people of the land take a man from their territory and make him their watchman,
3‘when he sees the sword coming upon the land, if he blows the trumpet and warns the people,
4‘then whoever hears the sound of the trumpet and does not take warning, if the sword comes and takes him away, his blood shall be on his own head.
5‘He heard the sound of the trumpet, but did not take warning; his blood shall be upon himself. But he who takes warning will save his life.
6‘But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, and the people are not warned, and the sword comes and takes any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at the watchman’s hand.’
7¶“So you, son of man: I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore you shall hear a word from My mouth and warn them for Me.
8“When I say to the wicked, ‘O wicked man, you shall surely die!’ and you do not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand.
9“Nevertheless if you warn the wicked to turn from his way, and he does not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.

So... threatening? Not even remotely.
I encourage you to take the time to learn the bible.

Sorry, please forgive me.

a) - c) is reasonable.
d) is the typical unlogical jump that there must be something more because of a)- c) and … surprise … you all of sudden call this God.
e) is based on the unlogic of d)

Thanks for your comments on my exposition.

If I may, assuming that you are contrary to God exists, I would like to read if any explanation how and why you are contrary to God exists.

Regards.

Hi everyone, here I go again.

1. We, you and I and all humans, we exist.
2. So, we are in a situation to realize that we didn't exist before.
3. And we notice that we came from our parents, and they came from their parents, and on and on and on backwards all the way to sub sub sub sub atomic particles etc etc etc .
4. What do you say, will we finally come to pure existence that does not come from any anterior existence?
5. Or we will come to pure nothingness?

3. And we notice that we came from our parents, and they came from their parents, and on and on and on backwards all the way to sub sub sub sub atomic particles etc etc etc .
4. What do you say, will we finally come to pure existence that does not come from any anterior existence?

We cannot come to pure nothingness, because the fact is that we you and I and all humans and everything including God are existing.

So we will end up with pure existence, which is that of God, that is why God and His existence are synonymous i.e. identical.

And ironically, there is something God cannot do, to commit suicide - hehehe.

Sorry, dear Lord God, hope you have a sense of humor.

Our consciousness and identity, which is an emergent property of our brains, will cease to exist when the brain no longer functions. The material that makes up our bodies will break down and dissipate into the environment. In time, the atoms which were once part of our bodies, which were also part of the bodies of Socrates and Confucius, as well as dinosaurs, primal plants and the earliest rocks of the solar system, will disperse through the universe and will last until the last flickering star has burnt out. This isn't technically pure nothingness, but it's close enough.

You say nature is blind to your existence, but I guess you love nature, that's why you elevate nature to the summit of existence.

May I commend you for your advocacy of environmentalism?
I do not "love" nature anymore than I love water when I'm in a boat or love air when I'm in a plane or love dirt when I'm visiting a farm. Nature both sustains me and wants to kill me. I am not much of an environmentalist. I believe I am as much a part of the environment as anything else.... I take. I give. I am however thankful for environmentalists that have learned about sustainability and teach us how to not screw ourselves over. I listen to them and am glad for most of the safeguards we have in place to keep things reasonably livable.

Last edited:
We cannot come to pure nothingness, because the fact is that we you and I and all humans and everything including God are existing.

So we will end up with pure existence, which is that of God, that is why God and His existence are synonymous i.e. identical.
Why do you say pure existence is of God? I would like to know your thinking as to why pure existence equates to God and is not simply just pure existence? How does pure existence form a God?

You couldn't get under the massive skin of Michael Moore if we provided you with an army of sarcoptes scabiei.

Now get busy filling in this blank, boy:

"Stiggy was dishonest when he _________________________."
You have been being dishonest here for years now.

Sorry, please forgive me.
No worries, just consider that I actually do believe the gospel and the bible.
That means that the definition of love is a biblically defined definition.
As Jesus said to pray for people who hate you, and bless those who mistreat you, and the definition of love is clearly stated in the new testament, I learn to take that definition seriously and apply it to my life.

1Co 13:4-8 WEB 4 Love is patient and is kind. Love doesn’t envy. Love doesn’t brag, is not proud, 5 doesn’t behave itself inappropriately, doesn’t seek its own way, is not provoked, takes no account of evil; 6 doesn’t rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, and endures all things. 8 Love never fails. .......

It's not about making people feel good about themselves or better about their choices/beliefs.

It's about giving them the truth, and then they can choose for themselves what they want.

Jesus said that some people simply don't want to know the truth and love their sin more than they love the truth.

Joh 3:16-21 WEB 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only born Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God didn’t send his Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through him. 18 He who believes in him is not judged. He who doesn’t believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only born Son of God. 19 This is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light, for their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does evil hates the light and doesn’t come to the light, lest his works would be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his works may be revealed, that they have been done in God.”

It's then incumbent on us to make sure they understand the magnitude of their choices and actions.

Just so you understand, I have never met anyone who actually LIKES talking about hell. I never have. But it's clearly part of the bible. And as humans, we have been separated from God by sin. God has swung the door wide open to everyone. There is however only one door, and his name is Jesus.
Anyone who comes to him through Jesus Christ is welcomed by God, arms wide open. But those who refuse to engage him on his terms are condemning themselves to an eternity of misery and agony and anguish.

As stated in the Ezekiel 33 passage, it'd be a cruel thing to not warn them, and give them a clear picture of what awaits them.

It's obviously important enough to God so he is giving us a choice, and it appears that he isn't concerned about the motive to escape death.

In Deuteronomy 30, God tells us,
I call heaven and earth as witness against you today. I have set before you life and death. Choose life!

In Ezekiel 18, God pleads-- why would you die? Turn and live!

So, the problem here is what do you actually want for yourself?

Is your ego so fragile that you don't actually want to live?

God wants you to live. He wants to give you life, and then eternal life on top of that.

Jesus said that he came to give you life, and that more abundantly.

Sin, selfishness is a thief and destroys, kills and steals.

So, if you actually want genuine life, and love, come to Jesus. He'll give you everything you need to know God, and live in peace with God.

There is no real evidence that Jesus resurrected.
Actually, there is.
Otherwise, none of us would be following Jesus.
I have several beaches, on a variety of tropical islands scoped out. Believe me... I'd much rather be on them than explaining to people who complain about history they'd rather ignore.

If there was, that's still this life, not eternity in some fairy-tale kingdom.
It's not a fairytale Kingdom.
It's quite real.
What does the existence of the Jewish people tell us about eternity?
They're just part of the evidence that God has placed on earth to prove his reality. They are his time piece to demonstrate the remaining time of the human race.
Their "kingdom of God" is expected to be here on earth.
Yes it is!
Jesus followers when we die, go immediately into the presence of God. According to Revelation 19, at the end of the 7 year period of judgment on the world, and fulfillment of God's word for Israel, Jesus will be at the head of an army of believers, on horseback, riding back to earth. Upon dealing with the Armies of the world, there will be a 45 day judgment of the nations of the world and then a 1000 year period of peace, and justice will be on the earth, and Jesus will be the promised Messiah of God to fulfill Israeli biblical dreams.
After that's finished, a final judgment due sin will be held. It's known as the great white throne judgment. You can read about it in Revelation 20. If you don't turn to YHVH from your sin and place your trust in Jesus, you will end up in that judgment. Everything you have ever said, thought, done, or failed to do will be exposed for all to see. At which point you will answer for your life.
Nobody whose name is not in the book of life, at the great white throne judgment will come to live with God in eternity.
Afterwards, those whose names are not in the book of life will go to the lake of fire and spend their eternity there.
Those whose names are in the book of life will enter a new phase of humanity.
A new heavens, and a new earth. Only righteousness dwells in this new world. A paradise beyond comprehension.
We read in 1 Corinthians 2,
Eye has not see, nor has ear heard, nor has it entered the heart of man the things God has prepared for those who love Him.

How are my own words evidence that what you claim, is real.
Your continued ongoing attempts at arguing against them.

If they weren't true, you'd be off living a real life, instead of trying to figure out how to convince strangers that your unbelief is based on objective truth.

As stated above, I have far more enjoyable activities to engage in than arguing with strangers about matters that aren't true, if in fact the bible, Jesus, God, and eternity weren't true and real.

So. Congratulations! You have succeeded in demonstrating that the bible is true. All because you're arguing that it's not true.

Now, what are you going to do with your eternity?
It's a long time to live with the awareness that you screwed yourself by saying no to Jesus. Regret lasts forever apart from Jesus.

Back