How to know that God exists.

No, the Bible describes the resurrection in the same fashion Washington crossing the Delaware is described....witnessed...I have made no basic error.
That's another mistake, you're just addressing the historicity of the Bible here, not my point about good reasons to think something true.

There is no equivalence between Washington and the resurrection. If the accounts of Washington were written decades after the events and not by eye witnesses, we would have good reason to doubt them.
As to the so-called christians scholars you have mentioned who have denied the resurrection....they are not Christians.
Another mistake, I didn't say Christian scholars deny the resurrection, but that they doubt we have actual eye witness accounts.
1 For 15:16 For if the dead are not raised, then not even Christ has been raised. 17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If our hope in Christ is for this life alone, we are to be pitied more than all men.
So what? Why are you quoting Bible verses at an atheist without first giving good reason as to why I should think them true?

That's another mistake, you're just addressing the historicity of the Bible here, not my point about good reasons to think something true.
The Bible is historical.....keep in mind it's a collection of separate historical letters, gospels etc.....gathered together and placed between a from and back cover.
Another mistake, I didn't say Christian scholars deny the resurrection, but that they doubt we have actual eye witness accounts.
As I have said, they are not christians....they clearly deny what the Bible says as the Bible mentions eye witnesses of Christ after resurrection.
So what? Why are you quoting Bible verses at an atheist without first giving good reason as to why I should think them true?
Then read this. There is much to be said on this topic.

The Bible is historical.....keep in mind it's a collection of separate historical letters, gospels etc.....gathered together and placed between a from and back cover.

As I have said, they are not christians....they clearly deny what the Bible says as the Bible mentions eye witnesses of Christ after resurrection.
You misunderstand, the accounts of eye witnesses are not by eyewitnesses. The Gospels were written decades after the events, not by eye witnesses.
Then read this. There is much to be said on this topic.
It's a foolish article, there is no proof Jesus resurrected. We only have stories,

How to explain God exists without the Bible:

1. We exist.
2. We did not create ourselves.
3. In ultimate summation, God created us.
4. What is God?
5. God is the permanent self-existent creator and operator of man and the universe and everything transient.

You misunderstand, the accounts of eye witnesses are not by eyewitnesses. The Gospels were written decades after the events, not by eye witnesses.

It's a foolish article, there is no proof Jesus resurrected. We only have stories,

Hi Whatsisface, suppose you explain how and why you are against the existence of God, but don't bring in the Bible, use only your intelligence, rational faculty and reasoning process.

Hi Whatsisface, suppose you explain how and why you are against the existence of God, but don't bring in the Bible, use only your intelligence, rational faculty and reasoning process.
What else can any of us rationally use, but our intelligence? And I did reference the Bible, pointing out that the Gospels were written decades after the events and not by eye witnesses.

Last edited:
My free will cannot make the unbelieveable, believable.

If you cannot use your free will to believe that Islam is correct, expecting me to be able to use it to believe that Christianity is correct, is hypocritical.

An inane exhortation - see above.

Hi Eightcrackers, you are against the existence of God, suppose you explain how and why you are against the existence of God, without referring to the Bible and/or Koran, which you don't accept as of any probative value to prove or disprove God exist.

Just use your intelligence, and rational faculty and reasoning process.

My free will cannot make the unbelieveable, believable.

If you cannot use your free will to believe that Islam is correct, expecting me to be able to use it to believe that Christianity is correct, is hypocritical.

An inane exhortation - see above.
The Lord Jesus said, "All those the Father gives me, will come to me." John 6:37
And . . .
"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them" John 6:44
And . .
The Lord Jesus told His disciples to "rejoice because your names are written in Heaven" John 10:20

So?
So you may not have to be concerned about all this? Not ever?
Because . . .
It could be that you are NOT given to the Lord Jesus by the Father?
It could be that you will NEVER be drawn by the Father?
It could be that your name is NOT written in Heaven (in the Lamb's Book of Life)

Best,

JAG

[]

What else can any of us rationally use, but our intelligence? And I did reference the Bible, pointing out that the Gospels were written decades after the events and not by eye witnesses.
WIF,
Do you think the following could be true of you?

The Lord Jesus said, "All those the Father gives me, will come to me." John 6:37
And . . .
And . .
The Lord Jesus told His disciples to "rejoice because your names are written in Heaven" John 10:20

So?
Because . . .
It could be that your name is NOT written in Heaven (in the Lamb's Book of Life)

Maybe the above is why you have no interest in becoming a Christian?

Best.

JAG

[]

Hi Eightcrackers, you are against the existence of God
Nope - some god may or may not exist.

I am against the claims that there is sufficient reason to believe.
suppose you explain how and why you are against the existence of God, without referring to the Bible and/or Koran, which you don't accept as of any probative value to prove or disprove God exist.
There is not currently a single sound argument that establishes the existence of any god.
Every attempt at such an argument contains a flaw/s.
Just use your intelligence, and rational faculty and reasoning process.
I have. That's how I know that all the arguments I've encountered thus far are flawed.

And . . .
And . .

So?
Because . . .
It could indeed.

But, since all these things are beyond my control, they are not my problem.

Thanks for your comments on my exposition.

If I may, assuming that you are contrary to God exists, I would like to read if any explanation how and why you are contrary to God exists.

Regards.
Why should I belief any of the variety of God stories represent any existing God?

I have. That's how I know that all the arguments I've encountered thus far are flawed.
Then you would have to consider YOURSELF as THE Authority on what is, or is not, a flawed argument.

YOU say a certain argument is flawed.

But . . .

What if one of your fellow atheists said "No this argument is NOT flawed."

What if three of your fellow atheists said "No this argument is NOT flawed."

You'd have to say that THEY ARE WRONG . . . and that YOU ARE RIGHT.

Can you produce solid evidence demonstrating that YOU are an authority on
what is, or is not, a flawed argument?

And if you can NOT do that, then on what basis do you say that
YOU . . . KNOW that an argument is flawed?

JAG

[]

Then you would have to consider YOURSELF as THE Authority on what is, or is not, a flawed argument.
Not entirely - those I have not refuted personally, I am aware of refutations by others.
YOU say a certain argument is flawed.

But . . .

What if one of your fellow atheists said "No this argument is NOT flawed."
Then they would not be an atheist.
What if three of your fellow atheists said "No this argument is NOT flawed."
See above.
You'd have to say that THEY ARE WRONG . . . and that YOU ARE RIGHT.
Flaws can be demonstrated objectively, or resolved objectively.
No need for an opinion.
Can you produce solid evidence demonstrating that YOU are an authority on
what is, or is not, a flawed argument?
I can link you to a refutation - not my own - of any apologetic you care to present.

Nope - some god may or may not exist.

I am against the claims that there is sufficient reason to believe.

There is not currently a single sound argument that establishes the existence of any god.
Every attempt at such an argument contains a flaw/s.

Let us go together to prove God exists, by we concurring on issues.

1. Do we you and I concur that we exist, yes or no.
2. Do we concur that we did not create ourselves, yes or no.
3. Do we concur that some permanently self-existing very powerful entity put us in existence, yes or no.

So, your god is potentially denying me even the possibility of salvation.

What a guy.
God has foreknowledge.
He sees the future.
Maybe He knows something about you.
Maybe He knows that you will NEVER admit that He is God and that you are
merely a creature that is supposed to listen to your Creator and obey Him.

Maybe He sees that you are like that.

And that you will ALWAYS be like that.

If that is the case, then you can understand why He would NOT want you to
be in Heaven.

And why you will NOT be in Heaven.

But will rather experience the perish of John 3:16

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,
that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world,
but to save the world through him.

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not
believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in
the name of God’s one and only Son"
John 3:16-18

Best.

JAG

[]

Back