How to know that God exists.

God's attributes can be clearly perceived by all in relationship and even in nature. So they are without excuse.
Even with this perception they did not honor Him as God but they became futile in their thinking, darkening their own hearts. Claiming to be wise, they became fools.
God gave them over to their desires as described previously.
Yes, that's some powerful prose from Romans. Would you mind answering my question, though?

The credible answer was that Snelling is alone. There are NO other scientist in the field that accept his conclusion that relies on merely saying the dating method has issues which he himself did not present.
It's not really worth arguing with someone who is so out of touch on a subject.

As i said to others....if you can't tell me the dating method used...then please dismiss yourself from the thread.

It's not really worth arguing with someone who is so out of touch on a subject.

As i said to others....if you can't tell me the dating method used...then please dismiss yourself from the thread.
I'm the only one that explicitly told you what it was. U-Pb dating method... remember? I'm also the only one that identified the age of the sediment right on top of the Tapeats - Cambrian. How old is that again? 540 MILLION years on top of something 4700 years old. Yeah - genius.

Tail tuck.... Run Forrest! Run!!!!!

I'm the only one that explicitly told you what it was. U-Pb dating method... remember? I'm also the only one that identified the age of the sediment right on top of the Tapeats - Cambrian. How old is that again? 540 MILLION years on top of something 4700 years old. Yeah - genius.

Tail tuck.... Run Forrest! Run!!!!!
No you didn't. Now please go away.

No you didn't. Now please go away.
Post #885 here. Quote "So nope... nothing to see here except more folly from Ken Ham's intellectually traumatized entourage of YECs. Snelling is getting ZERO traction with his very, very lonely theory that primarily relies on a conclusion that the scientific community's U-Pb dating method has "issues". Yeah..... not as many issues as you Snelling....."

If your best defense is to pretend that conversations didn't take place that absolutely did, you might as well just post an op and then put your fingers in your ears and drone "LaLaLALALa"... look at me.... I'm defending God.... LaLaLaLaLa!!!!"

Profound, I never thought you could come up with such an insightful retort. Well don, you have proven what a deep thinker you really are and how shallow my thinking is. You're a ??
Well that's hilarious. You castigate me for using an insult that you yourself used minutes before to insult another poster. Is this another example of Christian logic? Or is it Christian morality? Or perhaps just plain hypocrisy.

God's attributes can be clearly perceived by all in relationship and even in nature. So they are without excuse.
Even with this perception they did not honor Him as God but they became futile in their thinking, darkening their own hearts. Claiming to be wise, they became fools.
Is your faith based on Nature = God ?

I take it then you don't know? Here and now I don't know either. Have you looked into this by examining what the experts in the field say?
So, you admit...you don't know....yet are one of those who claim there is no world wide flood evidence......Long sigh.

So, you admit...you don't know....yet are one of those who claim there is no world wide flood evidence......Long sigh.
You're avoiding the point. You don't know the answer to your own question, and yet you're talking as if it means something.

There is plenty of evidence against a world wide flood.

You may want to review your approach because it certainly comes across as accusation.
To people who reject the truth, I'd agree.
As Jesus said,
Joh 5:45-47 WEB 45 “Don’t think that I will accuse you to the Father. There is one who accuses you, even Moses, on whom you have set your hope. 46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote about me. 47 But if you don’t believe his writings, how will you believe my words?”

If someone gives a gift the person receiving it usually knows.
Yet you continue to demonstrate otherwise.
According to you I didn't do what Jesus said.
According to my experience Jesus did in fact not respond.
So, who do you think should be trusted, you, someone who has admitted they don't know? Or the One who has spent millennia demonstrating the truth to everyone who comes to Jesus and follows him?
I have several decades of experience with Jesus. You.... just a few years.
No I don't refuse to engage him. You just refuse to accept the result I got.
It's a simple matter of experience. Your lack of experience doesn't invalidate the past 1988 years of history.
So, I'm actually validating your inexperience, while affirming the truth of Jesus.

Jesus was quite clear.
those who come to him he will not turn away.
so, if you never experienced him, then you never came to him.
so, instead of claiming that I'm not validating your unbelief, you have definitively demonstrated that you never actually came to Jesus.
So you have been resurrected? You should have lead with that
Why? You've already demonstrated that you don't believe my cancer experience. So why would you believe if I'd said I'd died and come back to life?

Am I telling you that? No.
sure like like that's exactly what you're saying.
Again, I've heard that claim but nothing has been substantiated.
You're apparently not paying attention.

Yes it is a me thing. Your God hasn't made himself known to me.
then to to the bible, you have definitively not done what Jesus said to do.

All I have is the Bible and I don't find it convincing.
Well, as innumerable others before and since have been doing, I'm thinking that you should stop arguing, and talk to God about it.
Unless you don't actually want to know him.
Sorry Steve. I think you are going to be disappointed. Well actually you won't be anything.
That's the great thing about YHVH. He promises that we will not be disappointed.

Isaiah 49:23 "Then you will know that I am Yahweh; and those who wait for me won’t be disappointed.”
Rom 10:11 WEB For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in him will not be disappointed.”
And copious more.

According to the dictionary definition, without children, it's not a family. It's just a couple.
So, just as long as it agrees with your beliefs, it must be true.
Sounds like you are the be all, end all of the defining version of truth.

So Jesus doesn't save them, hope does.
Rom 8:24-25 WEB 24 For we were saved in hope, but hope that is seen is not hope. For who hopes for that which he sees? 25 But if we hope for that which we don’t see, we wait for it with patience.

We are saved IN HOPE, not BY hope.
Jesus saves us.

Rom 15:4 WEB For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that through perseverance and through encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
The world was not much darker before Jesus died and rose from the dead.
It was the same apart from having one less religion.
So once again, you are the be all, end all definer of reality.
So must be nice knowing so little, yet claiming to know so much.
Just how does that work?
Is this some kind of special skill of prognostication?
So you have no problem being self-righteous but don't much like it when you get that treatment in return?
Well, according to the bible, YHVH gives us his righteousness.

Isa 54:17 WEB No weapon that is formed against you will prevail; and you will condemn every tongue that rises against you in judgment. This is the heritage of Yahweh’s servants, and their righteousness is of me,” says Yahweh.
2Co 5:21 WEB For him who knew no sin he made to be sin on our behalf, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
Jer 23:6 WEB In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell safely. This is his name by which he will be called: Yahweh our righteousness.

So don't try to make out that Atheists are any worse than others. Anyone can learn to be a better person. The Bible has no monopoly upon the means of getting there.
I'm not the one who needs atheists to be anything.
YHVH is the one who says you are being invited to know him so you can escape the consequences of your sin.
if you don't want to receive the gift of eternal life, then you're wasting your time here. The more excuses you can concoct to exclude yourself will only make matters worse for you.

So ever since childhood you have thought humanity bad and everywhere you look you find evidence to reinforce that belief.
You know what that is don't you Steve?
it's a simple matter of evidence and observations.
But, by all means, please provide me with evidence that murder, rape, theft, avarice, despotism, tyrannical governments, etc.... are all good things.
Show me that adultery, lying, greed, are good for human civilization.

How much should one invest with no indication that it is a valid investment?
It's a rather curious thing. How many years have you spent arguing that your unbelief is valid and you do so based entirely on your lack of knowledge and experience.
seems to me that you have been investing years in arguing with people who you have no idea about beyond your inexperience.
the curious thing is.... it took longer to ask God if he was real, and if this Jesus stuff was real than it did for God to respond to me.
so, I'm actually thinking that the amount of time you have spent in your lack of experience and knowledge is far greater than the investment I did making God's acquaintance. You have years, perhaps a few decades arguing your ignorance is better than my seconds of simply asking God, and letting him demonstrate himself to me.

so, you tell me... you're clearly invested in ignorance. I'd say that you are dedicated to your ignorance. Perhaps fanatically so.

that's the excuse you want to cling to, by all means.

You obviously are.

Hah. Who's running away with his tail between his legs now? All you had to do was show you know how the sandstone was formed. You didn't

I believe I already told you it was formed when the flood waters washed across the continent...depositing sediment along the way. Pretty much a no-brainer.

Are you ready to present your theory?

I believe I already told you it was formed when the flood waters washed across the continent...depositing sediment along the way. Pretty much a no-brainer.

Are you ready to present your theory?
You've already been told that the flood waters would have separated the pebbles from the sandstone, which we don't see.

Do I know - consciously - that your god exists? This is a simple yes/no question.

If I were asked "do you know that the god of the Bible exists?" under a polygraph, and I said "no", would I pass?

Can you please demonstrate the connection between God and nature. If you can't, you are without excuse for writing the above.

When I was an atheist, I couldn't see God in creation. When I became a Christian, I still couldn't see God in creation. No matter how hard I tried. I acknowledged him as the Creator, even my Creator, but it was only by faith. I thought " how can I be a Christian and not see the hand of God in the world around me?" I prayed and asked him to show me his hand in creation, and He did!

If I couldn't see God in creation as a Christian, how do you expect the atheists in this forum to be "without excuse" when they say that can't either?

Back