How Would You Fill In The Blanks . . .

/
Watchdog said:
Most people remained illiterate even up to the 18th century. Bible reading as well as other reading was at an all-time low in those years.
and
Watchdog said:
They were told to read these letters by someone in authority, and I bet that they got an on-the-spot interpretation as well.
==========================end quote
that is true Watchdog;
but those that were "Authorized" by God
were very capeable of reading and.....

have you never read???

" And Ezra the priest brought the law before the congregation​
both of men and women,​
and all that could hear with understanding,​
So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly,​
and gave the sense,​
and caused them to understand the reading."​
.​
Now it came to pass, when they had heard the law,​
that they separated from Israel all the mixed multitude.​
///
they seperated themslves from all that "Mixed Multitude"
ahhhh; yes; the Reformation,
they didn't have to be able to read it for themelves;
just listen to Martin Luther as he gave the
"and gave the sense,
and caused them to understand the reading."
of the epistles of Paul
"the just shall live by Faith".
and they seperated them selves from Rome

Last edited:
Confirmation classes that prepare them for confirmation into the Roman Catholic religious system.
I believe there is a great amount of peer pressure to get confirmed as well as from family. It may be real or imagined. All my friends are doing it, I do not want others to talk about me. All of your classmates are doing it. You will do this AND smile while you are doing it. We have all been there and know that there are such things as direct and indirect peer pressure.

Sorry that this post is a little scatter brained.

Yep, teach them false RC doctrines.
My folks had a "Mixed Marriage" Dad was a "generational Roman Catholic", and Mom was a born again Baptist Christian. They solved that problem by being neither, and I never had a "Church home" until I got Born again when I was 20. we visited many different churches, and I preferred Catholic services, because they were a lot shorter, there was more to see, you did a lot of hopping up and down, and they rang a little bell at the end to let you know it was time to go home (What's a kid know). I did recognize the sing-song: "et a missa est", which meant: "We're done now".

SO I was Baptized as a baby at St. Peter and Paul's Cathedral in Boston (now condominiums), but never bothered with confirmation classes. Mom read the Bible to me every night so by the age of 6 I knew all the major stories, and characters in the Word.

I believe there is a great amount of peer pressure to get confirmed as well as from family. It may be real or imagined. All my friends are doing it, I do not want others to talk about me. All of your classmates are doing it. You will do this AND smile while you are doing it. We have all been there and know that there are such things as direct and indirect peer pressure.

Sorry that this post is a little scatter brained.
But very accurate in a dedicated Roman Catholic family / Community. I was fortunate in that my mother was a Christian, and my father was only a "Christmas and Easter Catholic", and my friends were non-religious, so no pressure to conform.

My folks had a "Mixed Marriage" Dad was a "generational Roman Catholic", and Mom was a born again Baptist Christian. They solved that problem by being neither, and I never had a "Church home" until I got Born again when I was 20. we visited many different churches, and I preferred Catholic services, because they were a lot shorter, there was more to see, you did a lot of hopping up and down, and they rang a little bell at the end to let you know it was time to go home (What's a kid know). I did recognize the sing-song: "et a missa est", which meant: "We're done now".
This is exactly why there was a time when Catholics could not marry non-Catholics. Marriage is not just about one man and one woman committing themselves in love to each other for life and building a family. It is that, but that is part of the natural order. Marriage is a Sacrament; it makes visible and reveals the nature of the relationship that God has with the Church, the Bride of Christ.

Marriage is something God does in the lives of two people. Marriage is a union created by God. Marriage is about two people being helps to each other as they are on the road to salvation--eternal life. It is for this reason that a marriage of mixed religion is not ideal. Today, the Church allows mixed marriages, but for the reasons you cited above, they are not ideal.

What your parents should have done was this: each practice their Faith in their Church. Mother goes to Baptist Church, father to Catholic Church. Child raised Catholic, but when they are an adult, they can choose for themselves what they want to be. More ideally, family goes to Mass, and family goes to Baptist Church together, each of the spouses respecting the religious traditions of the other, yet supporting the other in the practice of their tradition.
SO I was Baptized as a baby at St. Peter and Paul's Cathedral in Boston (now condominiums), but never bothered with confirmation classes. Mom read the Bible to me every night so by the age of 6 I knew all the major stories, and characters in the Word.
I learned the Bible by going to Sunday school, CCD, Good News Club. summer vacation Bible school--that was a thing when I grew up--the different churches in town would have Bible schools. This, not to mention hearing it proclaimed at Mass each weekend, and also in the Church I went to with my dad.

This is exactly why there was a time when Catholics could not marry non-Catholics.
But in the final analysis, in my family It worked out perfectly. We did alternate between the Catholic And baptist services for quite a while, but it was only after I was 20, and hopeless and suicidal, that I was convicted of my SIN for the last time, and I repented, and was born again of the Holy Spirit that things changed, and I was cleansed of my SIN, and indwelled by the Holy Spirit 60 years ago.

But in the final analysis, in my family It worked out perfectly. We did alternate between the Catholic And baptist services for quite a while, but it was only after I was 20, and hopeless and suicidal, that I was convicted of my SIN for the last time, and I repented, and was born again of the Holy Spirit that things changed, and I was cleansed of my SIN, and indwelled by the Holy Spirit 60 years ago.
You were cleansed of Sin and indwelt by the Holy Spirit when you were baptized. You were born again when you were baptized.

I don't doubt that you had a religious experience of sorts where the Grace given to you in Baptized was revived, and from that time things changed for you.

But you were already born again in Baptism. What you experienced was a revival and a greater awareness of what was always the case.

You were cleansed of Sin and indwelt by the Holy Spirit when you were baptized. You were born again when you were baptized.

I don't doubt that you had a religious experience of sorts where the Grace given to you in Baptized was revived, and from that time things changed for you.

But you were already born again in Baptism. What you experienced was a revival and a greater awareness of what was always the case.
And then he firmly rejected the absurd notion that the rcc was the "one true church" and every other nonsensical dogma and doctrine of rc'ism. isn't that the pathway to hell?

And then he firmly rejected the absurd notion that the rcc was the "one true church" and every other nonsensical dogma and doctrine of rc'ism. isn't that the pathway to hell?
I cannot speak to what is on his heart. Prior to Vatican II, the reason the Church started from the assumption that those who reject the Catholic Faith--did so knowingly--that is---did so understanding fully that the RCC is the one true Church. This is why the Church had such a harsh stance towards non-Catholics.

What changed with Vatican II is that the Church starts from the presumption of innocence--that is--that those who reject the Catholic Faith do not do so knowingly. This is why Vatican II has a softer stance towards non-Catholics.

Thus, whether the poster is heaven bound or hell bound due to his beliefs---is between him and God. I am not the judge.

You were cleansed of Sin and indwelt by the Holy Spirit when you were baptized. You were born again when you were baptized
TOTALLY FALSE!!! Nothing but phony Roman Catholic unbiblical SUPERSTITION.

Suggestion: READ YOUR BIBLE, and find out the REAL TRUTH about God's provision of salvation by FAITH.

There's still time for you to do it. You don't want to find your self in "Purgatory", and then realize that it's HELL and you're never getting out.

TOTALLY FALSE!!! Nothing but phony Roman Catholic unbiblical SUPERSTITION.

Suggestion: READ YOUR BIBLE, and find out the REAL TRUTH about God's provision of salvation by FAITH.

There's still time for you to do it. You don't want to find your self in "Purgatory", and then realize that it's HELL and you're never getting out.
Faith comes through Baptism.

Back