How Would You Fill In The Blanks . . .

I believe there is a great amount of peer pressure to get confirmed as well as from family. It may be real or imagined. All my friends are doing it, I do not want others to talk about me. All of your classmates are doing it. You will do this AND smile while you are doing it. We have all been there and know that there are such things as direct and indirect peer pressure.

Sorry that this post is a little scatter brained.
I wasn't given a choice. You just went along as part of your schooling.

Totally false. Biblically, Faith comes by HEARING, and hearing by the Word of God (Rom 10:17). Baptism doesn't have anything to do with it. And "Paedobaptism" is just a silly worthless ritual.

READ THE BIBLE!!!
First you say faith comes by hearing (the Word of God), then why all the bible reading? The problem is too many Christians are bad at biblical interpretation, too many want to decide things for themselves.

As for baptism, it is mentioned many times, and we are actually told that it offers salvation.

First you say faith comes by hearing (the Word of God), then why all the bible reading? The problem is too many Christians are bad at biblical interpretation, too many want to decide things for themselves.

As for baptism, it is mentioned many times, and we are actually told that it offers salvation.
Yes, we know that many RCs have problems. This is why they teach false gospels.

First you say faith comes by hearing (the Word of God), then why all the bible reading?

Your own RC catechism says

105 God is the author of Sacred Scripture.
106 God inspired the human authors of the sacred books
107 The inspired books teach the truth.
the "Word" of God, a word which is "not a written and mute word, but the Word which is incarnate and living

109 In Sacred Scripture, God speaks to man
in a human way.

First you say faith comes by hearing (the Word of God),
Nope - THE BIBLE SAYS that faith comes by hearing Rom 10:17
The problem is too many Christians are bad at biblical interpretation, too many want to decide things for themselves.
Christians are indwelled by the Holy SPirit, who leads into TRUTH John 14:26
Nope it doesn't. Try reading the passages IN CONTEXT. Baptism is what a person does AFTER THEY'RE BORN AGAIN.

Back