I admit it, Jesus lives!

I am of course referring to Jesús Soto Karass, the famous Mexican professional welterweight boxer. (Wikipedia)

Were you expecting something else?

Happy April Fool's Day, folks!
I'd say the fool's joke is on you.
I've met plenty of people named Jesus/heysoos/Joshua over the past several decades.
That doesn't mean that Jesus of Nazareth isn't alive.

It just means that it's a popular name.

And considering that Jesus of Nazareth stated,

Joh 14:20-24 WEB 20 In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. 21 One who has my commandments and keeps them, that person is one who loves me. One who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him, and will reveal myself to him.” 22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “Lord, what has happened that you are about to reveal yourself to us, and not to the world?” 23 Jesus answered him, “If a man loves me, he will keep my word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 24 He who doesn’t love me doesn’t keep my words. The word which you hear isn’t mine, but the Father’s who sent me.

You're being invited to actually meet Him.

But, instead of taking him up on the invitation, you make cute jokes about the name.

That name... it's a name of exceedingly great power and authority.

We read,

Phi 2:8-11 WEB 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself, becoming obedient to the point of death, yes, the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also highly exalted him, and gave to him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, those on earth, and those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

You can either bow now, and receive honor from YHVH in eternity, or bow in eternity and experience shame and everlasting contempt in eternity.

He'd rather you bow now. This way he can honor you in eternity.

21 One who has my commandments and keeps them, that person is one who loves me. One who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him, and will reveal myself to him.” 22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “Lord, what has happened that you are about to reveal yourself to us, and not to the world?” 23 Jesus answered him, “If a man loves me, he will keep my word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 24 He who doesn’t love me doesn’t keep my words. The word which you hear isn’t mine, but the Father’s who sent me.
So here’s the incoherence of your beliefs Steve, bound up in a simple set of verses. Belief in Jesus is not mentioned here at all. Jesus only mentions a life of adherence to the truths found in his words whether those living out of these words knew of Jesus and believed in him or not. This also coincides with Matthew 25.

This is salvation by works, not grace, and a lifestyle of adherence only to principles of living that are satisfying to god - not knowledge of Jesus, not belief in Jesus, and not propitiation to Jesus as a lord and savior. He just claimed all that is NOT necessary.

Yet now you will spew forth the contradictions to this simple message found in the same book. Can’t wait for you to disarm the veracity of your own scriptures. Show us how conflicted your scriptures are now.

So here’s the incoherence of your beliefs Steve, bound up in a simple set of verses. Belief in Jesus is not mentioned here at all. Jesus only mentions a life of adherence to the truths found in his words whether those living out of these words knew of Jesus and believed in him or not. This also coincides with Matthew 25.

This is salvation by works, not grace,

No. The verses Steve gave are not about salvation. And incidentally, all "works," worthy of the word are grounded in grace.

Last edited:
So here’s the incoherence of your beliefs Steve, bound up in a simple set of verses.
and?
it's only incoherent to those who are perishing.
Belief in Jesus is not mentioned here at all.
so, are you saying that you're not actually acquainted with the command to repent and believe the Gospel?

Jesus only mentions a life of adherence to the truths found in his words whether those living out of these words knew of Jesus and believed in him or not. This also coincides with Matthew 25.
and?
it is written,

Heb 5:7-9 WEB 7 He, in the days of his flesh, having offered up prayers and petitions with strong crying and tears to him who was able to save him from death, and having been heard for his godly fear, 8 though he was a Son, yet learned obedience by the things which he suffered. 9 Having been made perfect, he became to all of those who obey him the author of eternal salvation,

Even Jesus followers are subject to these truths!
Nobody immune from them.
Most, if not all of us who follow Jesus think that whatever we may lose in this life is worth what we'll gain in eternity, enjoying eternal life with Jesus.

This is salvation by works,
not true.

not grace,
it's entirely by grace.
You can never earn it.
Trying to earn heaven/eternal life would be like climbing a rope made of sand, all the way to the Andromeda galaxy.

it's not possible.

YHVH has to change us on the inside. Aka, the new birth.
he removes our sin. He removes the dead, stony heart, gives us a new heart, and a new spirit and his own Holy Spirit, to give us the wherewithal to obey his commandments.

and a lifestyle of adherence only to principles of living that are satisfying to god
yep.
- not knowledge of Jesus,
Does knowing about your wife mean you actually KNOW her?
jesus said that eternal life is knowing God, and Jesus, whom God sent. John 17:3.

not belief in Jesus,
Belief in Jesus is a necessity to obey the gospel.
It's where obedience begins.
and not propitiation to Jesus as a lord and savior.
It is propitiation of Jesus' blood to pay for sin.
the wages of sin is death.
to pay for my sin, someone who is without sin must die in my place. Otherwise, I die.
The same goes for the entire human race.
Jesus is without sin, so he alone can propitiate for our sin.

He just claimed all that is NOT necessary.
nope.
totally different context.
it's not possible to be obedient to his teachings apart from the new birth.
the new birth is only possible through propitiation and belief in Jesus.

Yet now you will spew forth the contradictions to this simple message found in the same book.
If you want to perish, you are indeed entitled to your own beliefs.
You are not however entitled to your own facts.
Can’t wait for you to disarm the veracity of your own scriptures. Show us how conflicted your scriptures are now.
Repent and believe the Gospel.

and?
it's only incoherent to those who are perishing.

so, are you saying that you're not actually acquainted with the command to repent and believe the Gospel?

and?
it is written,

Heb 5:7-9 WEB 7 He, in the days of his flesh, having offered up prayers and petitions with strong crying and tears to him who was able to save him from death, and having been heard for his godly fear, 8 though he was a Son, yet learned obedience by the things which he suffered. 9 Having been made perfect, he became to all of those who obey him the author of eternal salvation,

Even Jesus followers are subject to these truths!
Nobody immune from them.
Most, if not all of us who follow Jesus think that whatever we may lose in this life is worth what we'll gain in eternity, enjoying eternal life with Jesus.

not true.

it's entirely by grace.
You can never earn it.
Trying to earn heaven/eternal life would be like climbing a rope made of sand, all the way to the Andromeda galaxy.

it's not possible.

YHVH has to change us on the inside. Aka, the new birth.
he removes our sin. He removes the dead, stony heart, gives us a new heart, and a new spirit and his own Holy Spirit, to give us the wherewithal to obey his commandments.

yep.

Does knowing about your wife mean you actually KNOW her?
jesus said that eternal life is knowing God, and Jesus, whom God sent. John 17:3.

Belief in Jesus is a necessity to obey the gospel.
It's where obedience begins.

It is propitiation of Jesus' blood to pay for sin.
the wages of sin is death.
to pay for my sin, someone who is without sin must die in my place. Otherwise, I die.
The same goes for the entire human race.
Jesus is without sin, so he alone can propitiate for our sin.

nope.
totally different context.
it's not possible to be obedient to his teachings apart from the new birth.
the new birth is only possible through propitiation and belief in Jesus.

If you want to perish, you are indeed entitled to your own beliefs.
You are not however entitled to your own facts.

Repent and believe the Gospel.
GLORIOUS!!! I rest my case.

No. The verses Steve gave are not about salvation. And incidentally, all "works," worthy of the word are grounded in grace.
The verses outline how those that cannot know Jesus personally, can still gain his plan of salvation. Yeah, I know, there’s a lot of steps missing - again. Everything Christians seem to require to secure their eternal futures is like learning the Charleston.

touch step, touch step, touch at the bounce..... groove walk......., happy feet, happy feet, twists on fire.

Sorry, chum. That's not what "it's all about." What does your awkward attempt at doing the hokey-pokey have to do with your ignorance in thinking there is a plan of salvation? Ditch those clodhoppers.

Sorry, chum. That's not what "it's all about." What does your awkward attempt at doing the hokey-pokey have to do with your ignorance in thinking there is a plan of salvation? Ditch those clodhoppers.
Just repeating what I hear from Christians. I don’t doubt that there is no consensus. Holy Spirit must be subcontracting to Elf on a Shelf in their off season to help deliver proper understanding..... what I heard from them is probably heresy, maybe even blasphemy. I’d get insurance. Kill a goat.

Last edited:
The person who keeps his word shows that they believe in him and are born again:

1 John 3:9
9Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

You don't obey his commandments in order to become a born again believer. You obey his commandments because you are a born again believer. In Matthew 25:35-46 everyone arrives at the final judgement the sheep or the goat they already are. Jesus then uses our deeds, or lack of deeds, as the evidence of us being a sheep or a goat. And according to what our deeds show us to be we then go into the eternal kingdom of God if we are proven by our deeds to be a sheep, or into the lake of fire if we are proven by our lack of deeds to be a goat.

This is salvation by works, not grace...
No. It's we have works because of having first been saved/born again by grace.

Last edited:
Just repeating what I hear from Christians. I don’t doubt that there is no consensus. Holy Spirit must be subcontracting to Elf on a Shelf in their off season to help deliver proper understanding..... what I heard from them is probably heresy, maybe even blasphemy. I’d get insurance. Kill a goat.

Your problem is that you expect there to be a middleman to soothe your lactose intolerant psyche undergoing its third trip around Cape Horn, having jettisoned all of your common sense atheist-on-a-stick in horse latitudes, in your case, more like horseshit longitudes. Email your boy Sam Harris to sort it all out for you.

You don't obey his commandments in order to become a born again believer. You obey his commandments because you are a born again believer. In Matthew 25:35-46 everyone arrives at the final judgement the sheep or the goat they already are. Jesus then uses our deeds, or lack of deeds, as the evidence of us being a sheep or a goat. And according to what our deeds show us to be we then go into the eternal kingdom of God if we are proven by our deeds to be a sheep, or into the lake of fire if we are proven by our lack of deeds to be a goat.
You begin the above by telling us we cannot be a born again believer just by honoring his word (his commandments) but you need to believe him first before you will even want to obey his commandments. But John 14 states, to answer Judas’s point that Jesus is only revealing himself to them (how can anybody but the disciples believe is what is being implied here), that Jesus, and God, will make their home with anyone that does not know them but keeps their commandments. So you got a problem right there out the gate. (f you quote something else that says something else, now the veracity of you bible is under focus.

Then you end with Matt 25 where the same type of statements are made by the disciples “Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when did we see thee hungering, and we nourished? or thirsting, and we gave to drink? and when did we see thee a stranger, and we received? or naked, and we put around? and when did we see thee infirm, or in prison, and we came unto thee?"

And Jesus says if you did it to anybody you did it to me too so you get life age-enduring as well - you’re a sheep.

No belief mentioned there either. Just living out that which is good and honorable to god through action.

Last edited:
Back