I am the Color Red

Wrong, Steve!
He's glorified whether you are saved or perish.
By being saved, you get to enjoy his expression of love for you for all eternity.

If you perish, he's glorified because he spent years seeking to reconcile with you, patiently drawing you to himself. But if you refuse, you will suffer the righteous judgment due sin.

Either way, He will be glorified.

Phi 2:9-11 WEB 9 Therefore God also highly exalted him, and gave to him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, those on earth, and those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

The difference is.....

One you get to enjoy doing so, the other is that you will suffer from your refusal to do so.

It wasn't for us - it was for His own glory!
Close, but not quite.

It is for his own glory.
And for our benefit. We who follow Jesus will receive a quality of life that is far beyond our wildest dreams to comprehend.
As is written in 1 Corinthians 2.
Eye has not seen. Nor has ear heard. Nor has it entered into the heart of man the things that God has prepared for those who love him.

What awaits those who believe in Jesus makes a trillion dollars in gold look like a pile of garbage at the dump.

He's preparing a city for us wherein the pavement of the streets is a gold so pure that it has the appearance of glass.

The walls, gates and foundations are precious stones and pearls.

It was so that His Holy Name be glorified forever and forever
And while you may resent being, and expressing gratitude for good done to, and for your needs, I am not. I'm actually filled with gratitude for all God has done, is presently doing, and is yet to do on my behalf. Exactly as is written in psalm 50.
Psa 50:15 WEB Call on me in the day of trouble. I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”

Over the years I've lived with some pretty intense, and disconcerting things that have utterly changed my life, and through it all, YHVH has been there for my good! I delight in saying thank you to Him. I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with honoring him for his kindness towards me.

Not to mention the fact that it was YHVH/Jesus, Himself, who consciously and purposefully chose to place us in a position wherein He, Himself, was then required to 'die' for our salvation...
Well. It's your eternity. He gave us choice to make the best possible lives for ourselves.
It's the sin of every single human being who has made this world the way it is.

So, congratulations! You are responsible for your sin and the agony and anguish and heartbreak that your sin both purposely and consciously inflicts on your loved ones, family members and friends, yourself included.

I am the color red
{Except every 3rd Tuesday from 9:15am to 10:25am when I am the color blue}

What say you?

Am I truly the color red even though I am also sometimes the color blue?
Thing is, neither of your color statements are true...Your point is Kinda stuck like a stick in the mud.

But then again.....would love, love evil? Would love be required to hate that which it is opposed to? Are you saying love should love evil?

Back