"I desire mercy ...... "

to fail/sin in the least bit is to fail completely
we should all be as honest as Paul and consider ourselves his equal in depravity

Last edited:
There isn't the slightest reason to accept this claim of yours.

12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service, 13 even though I was formerly a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent aggressor. Yet I was shown mercy because I acted ignorantly in unbelief; 14 and the grace of our Lord was more than abundant, with the faith and love which are found in Christ Jesus. 15 It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all. 16 Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life.

I can read. I know what those verses say. What you WANT them to say is that Paul wasn't referencing himself as a sinner.

BTW the way. Paul was being humble. He wasn't actually claiming he was the chief of sinners. Even when he persecuted the Church. It is called "hyperbole".

I know you would never be so humble. You're not like Paul at all.

THIS is what Paul believed about saved believers:

What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2 May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?

Who said I don't live in faith? I do. The fact that I still sin is proof of faith. If I didn't sin, I would never need faith. Faith only be exercised once in my life and that would be it. I would have been perfected by faith. I wasn't. You weren't either.

Um, no. Paul is referring to the situation of a Jew under the Law not a Christian who is not under the Law.

24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin. Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

So much for using the words "THAT I AM"......

Wretched man that I am

What "team" would that be?

Team civic.

Sorry to hear that.
When you make such statements as you made, you condemn yourself.
I'm not condemning you. We all make mistakes.
we were born condemned
but if we confess our Sin He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins
and cleanse us from all unrighteousness

skating is never a mistake, but can be full of mistakes

I can read. I know what those verses say. What you WANT them to say is that Paul wasn't referencing himself as a sinner.

BTW the way. Paul was being humble. He wasn't actually claiming he was the chief of sinners. Even when he persecuted the Church. It is called "hyperbole".

Paul was rounding up God's children to be murdered.

How is this "hyperbole"?

I know you would never be so humble. You're not like Paul at all.

Who said I don't live in faith? I do. The fact that I still sin is proof of faith. If I didn't sin, I would never need faith. Faith only be exercised once in my life and that would be it. I would have been perfected by faith. I wasn't. You weren't either.

So much for using the words "THAT I AM"......

Wretched man that I am

Team civic.

Paul was not being humble.

Far from it.

God desires to be merciful to us and completely forgive us (He already has)
rather than require sacrifices or send us to eternal punishment/death

He wants a relationship with us, not Religion from us

look at what Mankind has done with religion
look at what Israel did with theirs

Back