I don't get conservative Methodists in the UMC.

shnarkle

I think we need to be careful when we label people "evil." We can name behaviors, even beliefs, "evil," but that doesn't mean the person who does them or thinks them is evil.

All people are children of God, part of God's creation.

The most vile person I can think of is Hitler. He did evil things. Did God make him evil? If not, then did God not make him? If God made him good, then he is not evil. He is a child of God who did evil things by his own free will.
Can wolves become sheep, or tares become wheat through their will or effort? I doubt it. It is not God who sows tares into a field of wheat, but Monsanto, the evil one.

e v e

I think we need to be careful when we label people "evil." We can name behaviors, even beliefs, "evil," but that doesn't mean the person who does them or thinks them is evil.

All people are children of God, part of God's creation.

The most vile person I can think of is Hitler. He did evil things. Did God make him evil? If not, then did God not make him? If God made him good, then he is not evil. He is a child of God who did evil things by his own free will.
I don't agree that 'all people' are His.

so the logic breaks down, in your first sentence...

If someone says to me, "I am a satanist" OR by any attitudes or actions makes me uncomfortable... I will indeed take them at their word/action, be careful, avoid them.

Do I need to call them out and aggravate them. No.

John t

i wasn’t talking about the poster in my long post which i’m assuming you are referring to
I take your word at that. Nevertheless it is not wrong for me to state that the syntax originally led me to that belief, which you said was in error
i wish he said, wait, would eve throw out zingers? since i don’t. but still it was my fault for not being clear as to what i referred. i’m sorry.

Both of us now move on from that false conclusion

Last edited:

Cynthia

Begging your pardon but you are calling all liberals evil, and that is flat-out wrong to do so.

The fire may have have begun as you stated, but the absence of evidence presented in your short post cannot be the basis for continued rumor mongering.

In a church I pastored below the Mason-Dixon Line we had some satanists break into the church and painted demonic runes inside of the organ using grape juice mixed with urine in order to make a demonic curse. I saw both the pictures of the fresh damage, and I saw the remnants of the stains remaining in the sound board in the back.

As I left, someone from a church in our denomination told me that there was a couple who were very involved in the KKK. That was confirmed by a vision given by Holy Spirit while visiting the family

Can you see the difference in what you wrote? You relied on third-hand information to make a curse on all liberals. I wrote things that I personally observed, and which actually happened.

Theologically speaking God loves all liberals, and Satanists, and it is not our job to condemn another human made in the image of God. On the other hand both Liberals and Satanists are reprobates because they despise the offer of free salvation through Jesus Christ. But that never gives Christians the right to curse them by saying that they are evil people.
Cynthia earlier said: The liberal element in their church were believed to have set the church sanctuary on fire, by heaping all bibles and hymnals in the middle of the room, adding lighter fluid. The Heat and Air was turned on (it is always shut off during the week) so that it would circulate the flaming material. There had been an unsuccessful attempt to allow homosexual marriage etc, which the small church voted down. There was a legal battle which they eventually won and were allowed to retain the burned out building. Many of the same members continued to attend but it was no longer a Presbyterian church. They had a website at that time that showed the photos taken of the damage. These liberals are not God's people. They are out to destroy the church and effectively are doing so by their liberal policies, which destroys the faith.
-------------
You misquoted me. I never called all liberals evil, I never even used the word evil. I specifically spoke about The liberal element in their church. (bolded) These (bolded) are the ones out to destroy the church.
-------------
I never cursed anyone. The liberal element who tried to divide the church, bring in sinful practices, tried to steal the church property in court, and left the congregation were most likely the ones who set the church on fire. Third hand or not. That is what happened.
Perhaps your definition of liberals is different from mine.
But I'm not here to discuss political views. I'm here to discuss biblical views, that homosexual sin does not belong in the church.

Cynthia

Begging your pardon but you are calling all liberals evil, and that is flat-out wrong to do so.

The fire may have have begun as you stated, but the absence of evidence presented in your short post cannot be the basis for continued rumor mongering.

In a church I pastored below the Mason-Dixon Line we had some satanists break into the church and painted demonic runes inside of the organ using grape juice mixed with urine in order to make a demonic curse. I saw both the pictures of the fresh damage, and I saw the remnants of the stains remaining in the sound board in the back.

As I left, someone from a church in our denomination told me that there was a couple who were very involved in the KKK. That was confirmed by a vision given by Holy Spirit while visiting the family

Can you see the difference in what you wrote? You relied on third-hand information to make a curse on all liberals. I wrote things that I personally observed, and which actually happened.

Theologically speaking God loves all liberals, and Satanists, and it is not our job to condemn another human made in the image of God. On the other hand both Liberals and Satanists are reprobates because they despise the offer of free salvation through Jesus Christ. But that never gives Christians the right to curse them by saying that they are evil people.
Your last paragraph is laughable. God does not love all liberals. God does not love Satanists. This would mean that God loves Satan. And some liberals are Satanists. So there you go.

BMS

Your last paragraph is laughable. God does not love all liberals. God does not love Satanists. This would mean that God loves Satan. And some liberals are Satanists. So there you go.
I think this is the crux of the matter. God so loved the world that He gave His son so that all who believe shall not perish but have eternal life.
Jesus didn't come to condemn but to save. The bold is the past tense, what God has done, and the rest is the future tense. Jesus has made the way

So God loved Satanists and liberals enough to make the way for their salvation. Our prayer must be that people repent

John 3:15 is John 3:16 just as, where God sent snakes. God's heart is that none should perish but all come to repentance.

Looking at Matthew 10, Matthew 25, the sheep and the goats, looks to me like how people treat believers.

Leatherneck0311

I think this is the crux of the matter. God so loved the world that He gave His son so that all who believe shall not perish but have eternal life.
Jesus didn't come to condemn but to save. The bold is the past tense, what God has done, and the rest is the future tense. Jesus has made the way

So God loved Satanists and liberals enough to make the way for their salvation. Our prayer must be that people repent

John 3:15 is John 3:16 just as, where God sent snakes. God's heart is that none should perish but all come to repentance.

Looking at Matthew 10, Matthew 25, the sheep and the goats, looks to me like how people treat believers.
God’s love makes the possibility for all to repent, but many love their sin more than God as per scripture.

Reactions: BMS

Cynthia

Again. You are not considering the words "so that all who believe". Many liberals do not believe, and Satanists certainly do not. So there you go.

BMS

Again. You are not considering the words "so that all who believe". Many liberals do not believe, and Satanists certainly do not. So there you go.
Yes most definitely am, :) more than that Jesus said make disciples teaching them to OBEY all He taught. Faith means believing what Jesus said and did and seeking to follow the same.

One thing I have noticed, the usual liberal response to the scripture is 'thats your interpretation', and whilst there always is an element of interpretation, I note that Jesus told the people " ‘Today it will be stormy, for the sky is red and overcast.’ You know how to interpret the appearance of the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs of the times." - Matthew 16
He also said "But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." John 14

e v e

some here He never knew and are not souls at all...

Esau I hated...

BMS

Let us not forget that Christ knows who His church is. If they screech and scream at us let them. Keep praying for them and keep speaking the truth.