i have a problem when i pray

Marcha

i get speechless be cause I know he knows before i say it. So i think it and I'm sure He understands. Is that intersession of the holy spirit?

RiJoRi

i get speechless be cause I know he knows before i say it. So i think it and I'm sure He understands. Is that intersession of the holy spirit?
Take a look at what Jesus said in Matthew 6:
8 Be not therefore like them [the heathen] : for your Father knows what things you have need of, before you ask him.

9 In this way you shall pray: Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.

So, Jesus first said our Father knows what we need, then tells us to pray for it! It sounds almost contradictory, except by us praying we are reminding ourselves of Who it is that provides for us. Praying aloud gives reinforcement because we hear what we are praying for.

As to the "intercession of the holy spirit," it may be, but I'm not dogmatic about it. (Although you'll find others to be quite certain, both pro and con.)

HTH,
--Rich

Marcha

Take a look at what Jesus said in Matthew 6:
8 Be not therefore like them [the heathen] : for your Father knows what things you have need of, before you ask him.

9 In this way you shall pray: Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.

So, Jesus first said our Father knows what we need, then tells us to pray for it! It sounds almost contradictory, except by us praying we are reminding ourselves of Who it is that provides for us. Praying aloud gives reinforcement because we hear what we are praying for.

As to the "intercession of the holy spirit," it may be, but I'm not dogmatic about it. (Although you'll find others to be quite certain, both pro and con.)

HTH,
--Rich
Thank you so much!

SteveB

According to psalm 139, he knows what your thoughts are, from the place where they originate.

So, when you start, and finish, ask God to make your thoughts a prayer to him.

He's really good at this.

Marcha

According to psalm 139, he knows what your thoughts are, from the place where they originate.

So, when you start, and finish, ask God to make your thoughts a prayer to him.

He's really good at this.
Loved your answer! So true. Excellent

Fenuay

I can completely understand this. There have been times I've prayed for a long time and other times I just feel the sense that God knows what I need and what is in my heart and what troubles me. I leave it to Him and simply feel love and gratitude for His blessings! Other times during tribulations in my life my soul has hurt so much I just say God please and cannot really speak much else. And he knows what my pleas are and he hears me, even my unspoken words! ❤️. I think you just know that God knows and your heart feels the Holy Spirit! That's a blessing!