I must repent of my righteousness.

Grace_Accepted

I knew that I should repent from my sins and shortcoming but I never include repenting of my own righteousness. My own righteousness, unless repented of, will hinder my entrance into the Kingdom of God because I cannot enter the Kingdom of God with my righteousness. There is simply no room for two competing righteousness' in my soul.

Human righteousness is like filthy bloody rags. Throw something like that in a basket of fresh laundry and you will quickly redo the entire load. Likewise, our righteousness is so offensive to God He likened it to that filthy icon. We will only get into the Kingdom on Christ's righteousness alone. If I behold it, it will transform me.

If you spend any time with people concerned with their own righteousness, you will not find pleasant people. Our righteousness hardens us and turns us into the soil of the hardened path. No weeds, but also no plants; no fruit. Yet, even God can reach those if they have something in them that responds to Him. However, pride is among the deadliest sins of all and is invisible to those who suffer in its deadly grasp.

The only way to see it is to buy eye salve from Christ. Price: All of self.

May God Bless All Who Seek Him.

I knew that I should repent from my sins and shortcoming but I never include repenting of my own righteousness. My own righteousness, unless repented of, will hinder my entrance into the Kingdom of God because I cannot enter the Kingdom of God with my righteousness. There is simply no room for two competing righteousness' in my soul.

Human righteousness is like filthy bloody rags. Throw something like that in a basket of fresh laundry and you will quickly redo the entire load. Likewise, our righteousness is so offensive to God He likened it to that filthy icon. We will only get into the Kingdom on Christ's righteousness alone. If I behold it, it will transform me.

If you spend any time with people concerned with their own righteousness, you will not find pleasant people. Our righteousness hardens us and turns us into the soil of the hardened path. No weeds, but also no plants; no fruit. Yet, even God can reach those if they have something in them that responds to Him. However, pride is among the deadliest sins of all and is invisible to those who suffer in its deadly grasp.

Little children, let no one deceive you. He who does what is righteous IS righteous JUST AS He is righteous.
1 John 3:7

Here is how:
For we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works which He prepares beforehand that we should walk in them.
Ephesians 2:10

Genuine believers do God's works and His works are not filthy rags. His works are righteous, the righteousness of God, and believers who do them are righteous just as He is righteous.

But you simply can't do this unless you deny yourself and your own personal desires and surrender to God to do whatever He wants to do with you.

We have no righteousness of our own apart from Christ. Notice both the verses cited in Post 2 were written by a believer to believers about believers. Neither verse applies to non-believers. Writing of his fellow Jews, Paul said,

Romans 10:1-4
Brethren, my heart's desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation. For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge. For not knowing about God's righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

The righteous live by faith.

Establishing a righteousness of one's own has nothing to do with subjecting oneself to the righteousness of God found in Christ the end of the law.

Back