I once heard a Catholic priest say.....

Our Lord's God

I once heard a Catholic priest say, "You can't put God in a box."

And I thought to myself, "Ya know.... that sounds right."

Then later the priest said some words and the bread became God and the people came forward to eat God.

After the people were done eating God at the mass, there happened to be some God left over.

So they put God in a box so people could eat Him later.

They called the box a "tabernacle" which made it sound really official.

And I discovered why the people had bowed down to the box. They had put God in that box.

I also discovered they had put God in a fancy ornament too.

And so I discovered the priest was wrong.

You can indeed put God in a box and He lives in temples made with hands.

Last edited:

Then later the priest said some words and the bread became God and the people came forward to eat God.

After the people were done eating God at the mass, there happened to be some God left over.

So they put God in a box so people could eat Him later.

They called the box a "tabernacle" which made it sound really official.

And I discovered why the people had bowed down to the box. They had put God in that box.

No one other than RCs can put God in a box, it is the RC way.

Well, it is right.
Then later the priest said some words and the bread became God and the people came forward to eat God. After the people were done eating God at the mass, there happened to be some God left over. So they put God in a box so people could eat Him later. They called the box a "tabernacle" which made it sound really official.

We do not "put" God anywhere, sir. The Blessed Sacrament, whereby God is present truly, really, and substantially is reserved in the tabernacle for personal prayer and so Communion can be brought to the sick. God is present there but His presence is not limited to there.

Well, it is right.

We do not "put" God anywhere, sir.

Oh really?

The Blessed Sacrament, whereby God is present truly, really, and substantially is reserved in the tabernacle for personal prayer and so Communion can be brought to the sick. God is present there but His presence is not limited to there.

God is present there because you think the priest has put Him there.

Scripture says.... God is spirit, so it is laughable to think that a priest can confine God to a container of man's making.

Isaiah 66:1
This is what the LORD says: “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool.

Acts 7:48
However, the Most High does not dwell in houses made by human hands

No, I think God is present there, becasue God is present there.
Not what this priest says:

Catholic priiest John O’Brien explains what happens during the Mass:

When the priest pronounces the tremendous words of consecration, he reaches up into the heavens, brings Christ down from His throne, and places Him uponlo our altar to be offered up again as the Victim for the sins of man. It is a power greater than that of monarchs and emperors: it is greater than that of saints and angels, greater than that of Seraphim and Cherubim. Indeed it is greater even than the power of the Virgin Mary. While the Blessed Virgin was the human agency by which Christ became incarnate a single time, the priest brings Christ down from heaven, and renders Him present on our altar as the eternal Victim for the sins of man—not once but a thousand times! The priest speaks and lo! Christ, the eternal and omnipotent God, bows His head in humble obedience to the priest’s command. Rev. John A. O'B "The Faith of Millions"....1974

Catholic priiest John O’Brien explains what happens during the Mass:

When the priest pronounces the tremendous words of consecration, he reaches up into the heavens, brings Christ down from His throne, and places Him uponlo our altar to be offered up again as the Victim for the sins of man. It is a power greater than that of monarchs and emperors: it is greater than that of saints and angels, greater than that of Seraphim and Cherubim. Indeed it is greater even than the power of the Virgin Mary. While the Blessed Virgin was the human agency by which Christ became incarnate a single time, the priest brings Christ down from heaven, and renders Him present on our altar as the eternal Victim for the sins of man—not once but a thousand times! The priest speaks and lo! Christ, the eternal and omnipotent God, bows His head in humble obedience to the priest’s command. Rev. John A. O'B "The Faith of Millions"....1974

Wow, what a nut!

Catholic priest John O’Brien explains what happens during the Mass:

What is your point?

Scripture says.... God is spirit, so it is laughable to think that a priest can confine God to a container of man's making.

Isaiah 66:1
This is what the LORD says: “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool.
Really? So where are God's feet resting?
Acts 7:48 However, the Most High does not dwell in houses made by human hands
Again, you Protestants simply cannot understand distinctions, nuance, or much. Protestantism is so darn one dimensional.

God is present in the tabernacle, but God's presence is not limited by the tabernacle.

You don’t see what the point is in that diatribe of garbage? And you call yourself a Theologian? Do you honestly think God can be manipulated by man?
Did I ever refer to myself as a theologian? I am college educated in theology, and I taught theology. Whether that qualifies me as a theologian---who knows?

What I meant by "What is your point" is "Why do you think that is a 'diatribe of garbage?'" What is garbage about it, specifically?

Then if He is SPIRIT, how do you eat His BODY?
That depends on what you mean by "eat."

If by "eat" you mean "consume" as in "Break down the body and blood of Christ like regular food and then pass out the waste" the Body and blood of Christ is not "eaten." Christ cannot be eaten or consumed in that sense; that is, in the biological sense.

The Body and Blood of Christ are received. Christ passes into us whole, entire and complete, and departs whole, entire, and complete. It is the soul that is nourished.

If by "eat" you mean "consume" as in "Break down the body and blood of Christ like regular food and then pass out the waste" the Body and blood of Christ is not "eaten." Christ cannot be eaten or consumed in that sense; that is, in the biological sense.

The Body and Blood of Christ are received. Christ passes into us whole, entire and complete, and departs whole, entire, and complete. It is the soul that is nourished.

You sure do a lot of back peddling

[O

So you don't swallow the body? And it doesn't go to the stomach? Then why do you have to fast if it doesn't go to the stomach? So the bread turns into the body of Christ, but this body is somehow not consumed. Now according to your religion the bread literally becomes the body and blood of Christ but you just receive Him spiritually it seems, so why does it have to turn into His literal body and blood. And if you think my post seems strange, you should have to listen to this garbage from our side of the fence!

Back