I once heard a Catholic priest say.....

We are commanded to test all things. We are also told that God's word is a lamp to our feet and a light to our path. We must, therefore, test the teachings of, e.g., the so-called Magisterium, against the Bible. If they differ, or if the Magisterium pronounces teachings not found in the Bible, then those teachings must be discarded.

This was one of the pillars of that great, God-given deliverance from darkness known as "The Reformation": a return to the word of God and a departure from the traditions and superstitions of men. This, along with justification by faith in Jesus Christ, instead of absolution supposedly being doled out by sinful priests, is absolutely vital. Of course, many other things are also vital; but, lacking the unchanging, objective standard of the Holy Bible, against which to test all things, and lacking justification by faith in Jesus Christ alone, marks out Roman Catholicism as a false religion, not Christianity.
Do you believe that the Roman Catholic Church's sacramental confession was instituted by Christ, and that it is necessary to salvation?

Do you believe that the Roman Catholic Church's sacramental confession was instituted by Christ, and that it is necessary to salvation?
We confess our sins to the Lord, not an RC priest. Not only is RC confession unnecessary for salvation, it is detrimental, giving the "priest" power over the one confessing and burdening the priest with all kinds of temptations.

There is only one Mediator between God and men - the man Christ Jesus. The body of Christ does not have a "mediatorial priesthood"; rather, it has a priesthood of all believers. We offer sacrifices of praise and thanksgiving to God, and these are accepted through our faith in the one who sacrificed himself, once and for all, for us, on the Cross, then rose again, on the third day.

And the RC's never will give an answer because their God-less religion is a one-way street, which consistently implies the superiority of the Roman Catholic Church which requires undeviating dominance from it's leaders, and endless submissiveness from it's followers. There is no room for Almighty God, there is only room for the tension generated by this man-made religion's need to play so many artificial roles of religious dominance.
This passage does not sound like the rcc to me.

Matthew 11:28-30 KJV
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

NO for a start their leaders would have to meet His requirements for leaders. Confessions used to be public in NT times.

In the Didache, there is mention of public confession of sins in the context of Church’s Eucharistic worship.

Or else they don't think about it because they were just baptised as babies and never have thought about it at all.
That could be true. I was baptized as a baby in the rc denomination and just believed what I was told. Once I did start reading the Word of God, I started to study what the rc denom was actually teaching and realized I could not find many of them in the Word of God. Then a true believer shared the Gospel with me and the Holy Spirit opened my heart and mind. After that I could not even sit through a 'mass' again. Had to get out of there.

That could be true. I was baptized as a baby in the rc denomination and just believed what I was told. Once I did start reading the Word of God, I started to study what the rc denom was actually teaching and realized I could not find many of them in the Word of God. Then a true believer shared the Gospel with me and the Holy Spirit opened my heart and mind. After that I could not even sit through a 'mass' again. Had to get out of there.
Reading scripture made me as an RC since birth question their teachings. Mind you as an 8 year old without reading scripture I questioned the fact that I was taught that an all loving God sent babies who were not baptised to Limbo. Made no sense to me then and still doesn't.

We confess our sins to the Lord, not an RC priest. Not only is RC confession unnecessary for salvation, it is detrimental, giving the "priest" power over the one confessing and burdening the priest with all kinds of temptations.

There is only one Mediator between God and men - the man Christ Jesus. The body of Christ does not have a "mediatorial priesthood"; rather, it has a priesthood of all believers. We offer sacrifices of praise and thanksgiving to God, and these are accepted through our faith in the one who sacrificed himself, once and for all, for us, on the Cross, then rose again, on the third day.
212....So this is wrong?

The 255 Infallibly Declared Dogmas of the Catholic Faith by Bishop Ludwig Ott.

212....So this is wrong?

The 255 Infallibly Declared Dogmas of the Catholic Faith by Bishop Ludwig Ott.
Yup, it's wrong. The problem can be narrowed down to the first two letters of one the words in the title of the book. If it had been titled, "The 255 fallibly Declared Dogmas of the Catholic Faith", there would not have been such an issue (although 212 would still be wrong). See what a small typo can do... :oops:

Back