I once heard a Catholic priest say.....

Agreed! Where do you get the idea of cannibalism from our theology of the Eucharist? Note by the way--the pagans accused the first century Catholic Christians of the same. This is becasue--they were first Protestants--that is--like the modern day Protestant counterpart--the pagans didn't get the Christian understanding of the Eucharist either.

It is glorified flesh that is received in the Eucharist, not earthly flesh. In order for us to be cannibalists we would need to be eating earthly flesh as opposed to glorified flesh.
Then it is glorified cannibalism. I see!

Who put him there?
What if Jesus Christ's "Body" and/ or Jesus Christ's "Blood" becomes 'corrupted' in some way? Is Christ still present, since you want to believe that Jesus Christ Himself exists and is alive in the Eucharist as long as the bread and wine hold up - what does the RCC do with the body and blood of Jesus Christ the Son of God when His Body and Blood decay and He's still in there!? YIKES!

Oh yea? Well take this: Psalm 103:5.
Expected. A response in ignorance. You really need to take a hard look at your response in #86. Your ignorance of Scripture will be no excuse when the Judgement comes. That goes for us all. The truth has been presented to you (all rc's) here many times and your responses have shown a hardened heart. If you really believe what you wrote in #86, please repent.

No, cannibalism refers to the consumption of earthly flesh in the form of earthly flesh.

It does not refer to glorified flesh under the signs of bread and wine.
In post 98 you state that it is glorified flesh not earthly flesh so it couldn't be called cannibalism so now you are saying what exactly? That you are not eating ANY flesh? Your "church" says you are consuming Jesus' body, blood, soul, and divinity. And that my good man, is cannibalism in anyone's dictionary! It is what it is!

In post 98 you state that it is glorified flesh not earthly flesh so it couldn't be called cannibalism so now you are saying what exactly? That you are not eating ANY flesh? Your "church" says you are consuming Jesus' body, blood, soul, and divinity. And that my good man, is cannibalism in anyone's dictionary! It is what it is!
Yes, "consuming" but not in the biological sense.

Oh, so in some way you take the bread in your mouth, then swallow it into your stomach, but it's really not there. Or have you learned to eat in some other way than biologically and physically. Do you morph into something other than a human when you eat something? Do you ever run out of idiotic statements?

Ya know, rc's talk about the eurcharist is about Jesus' presence. So lets go to Scripture and see what was said and done

Luke 22:14-20
When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. 15 And he said to them, “I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. 16 For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God.” After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, “Take this and divide it among you. For I tell you I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.”

And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”
In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Nothing about....... "do this and I will be inside of you. Or do this and I will be in your presence" or "do this and you will be saved" rc's ignore verse 63 in john 6 in which Jesus corrected the disciples thinking.

John 6:63
The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.

None of the apostles ever tell anyone to eat flesh and blood to receive salvation. They told people "believe upon the name of Jesus".

Ya know, rc's talk about the eurcharist is about Jesus' presence. So lets go to Scripture and see what was said and done

Luke 22:14-20
When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. 15 And he said to them, “I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. 16 For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God.” After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, “Take this and divide it among you. For I tell you I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.”

And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”
In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Nothing about....... "do this and I will be inside of you. Or do this and I will be in your presence" or "do this and you will be saved" rc's ignore verse 63 in john 6 in which Jesus corrected the disciples thinking.

John 6:63
The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.

None of the apostles ever tell anyone to eat flesh and blood to receive salvation. They told people "believe upon the name of Jesus".
But the Jerusalem Council said:

20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood.

Your "infallible church" says that the bread and cup are the SAME BODY AND BLOOD Jesus gave us on the cross. His body on the cross was NOT glorified. So, it IS cannibalism. Human flesh and blood. Are you saying that your "infallible church" is wrong?

CCC 1365

Because it is the memorial of Christ's Passover, the Eucharist is also a sacrifice. the sacrificial character of the Eucharist is manifested in the very words of institution: "This is my body which is given for you" and "This cup which is poured out for you is the New Covenant in my blood."185 In the Eucharist Christ gives us the very body which he gave up for us on the cross, the very blood which he "poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."186

Oh, so in some way you take the bread in your mouth, then swallow it into your stomach, but it's really not there. Or have you learned to eat in some other way than biologically and physically. Do you morph into something other than a human when you eat something? Do you ever run out of idiotic statements?
we weren't allowed to chew them.

Your "infallible church" says that the bread and cup are the SAME BODY AND BLOOD Jesus gave us on the cross. His body on the cross was NOT glorified. So, it IS cannibalism. Human flesh and blood. Are you saying that your "infallible church" is wrong?

CCC 1365

Because it is the memorial of Christ's Passover, the Eucharist is also a sacrifice. the sacrificial character of the Eucharist is manifested in the very words of institution: "This is my body which is given for you" and "This cup which is poured out for you is the New Covenant in my blood."185 In the Eucharist Christ gives us the very body which he gave up for us on the cross, the very blood which he "poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."186
i seem to remember that the glorified body has no blood.

Back