I reject the Rcc, its pope, its marian dogmas, its claim to be the one, true church..

Lastdaysbeliever

...its claimed "history" of having apostolic succession from Peter until today...well, I just reject everything that is the Rcc but I claim Jesus as my Lord, God and Savior. I repented of my sins, truly turned from my past sins, accepted Jesus, believed on Him that He died and was resurrected for the forgiveness of my sins and was later baptized as a public display of the old man dying and the new creation being risen. Still the Rcc teaches I am anathema. But do you, as a Rc believe I saved?

...its claimed "history" of having apostolic succession from Peter until today...well, I just reject everything that is the Rcc but I claim Jesus as my Lord, God and Savior. I repented of my sins, truly turned from my past sins, accepted Jesus, believed on Him that He died and was resurrected for the forgiveness of my sins and was later baptized as a public display of the old man dying and the new creation being risen. Still the Rcc teaches I am anathema. But do you, as a Rc believe I saved?
excellent question

We'll all know on Judgment Day who is saved. Catholics don't pronounce those sorts of judgments during this life though. We live in hope of salvation and even that all may be saved as God desires.

We'll all know on Judgment Day who is saved. Catholics don't pronounce those sorts of judgments during this life though. We live in hope of salvation and even that all may be saved as God desires.
I know I have eternal life; do you know, or do you only wish?

1John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

I'm sure Jorge Bergoglio, AKA "Pope Francis", would tell you that you are fine in your Protestant sect and that there is absolutely no reason for you to convert to his religion.

1John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Ncc's don't know 'hope' in the sense that Catholics do. They think of it as 'wishing'. But we understand hope as a 'confident expectation'. That distinguishes an attitude of presumption from the rightly ordered awe of Gods mercy, patience and the undeserved grace we receive.

Ncc's don't know 'hope' in the sense that Catholics do. They think of it as 'wishing'. But we understand hope as a 'confident expectation'.
I understand perfectly. I know I have eternal life, my hope is in God's promises; I don't wish to obtain eternal life by adding purgatory to that which was supposedly lacking in Christ's complete righteousness.

That distinguishes an attitude of presumption ...
Presumption is RCC's invention to keep the masses enslaved.

Ncc's don't know 'hope' in the sense that Catholics do. They think of it as 'wishing'. But we understand hope as a 'confident expectation'. That distinguishes an attitude of presumption from the rightly ordered awe of Gods mercy, patience and the undeserved grace we receive.
Oh we don't know hope? Christ IS our hope and our salvation. And it is a confident expectation. We have "hope" in what Christ did on the cross! And hope is a reality, but we have not yet realized it yet. But we will at our death. Hope is waiting there for us, just as sure as I am sitting in my chair at the present time. It is the assurance of salvation provided by Christ on Calvary. I and no other born again person wishes for salvation. We wait patiently for that hope provided By Christ. "For there is NOW no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus". Rom 8:1

Oh we don't know hope? Christ IS our hope and our salvation. And it is a confident expectation. We have "hope" in what Christ did on the cross! And hope is a reality, but we have not yet realized it yet. But we will at our death. Hope is waiting there for us, just as sure as I am sitting in my chair at the present time. It is the assurance of salvation provided by Christ on Calvary. I and no other born again person wishes for salvation. We wait patiently for that hope provided By Christ. "For there is NOW no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus". Rom 8:1
How do you account for all those who were certain of salvation and then down the track were tempted right away from faith? How can any human have the type of certainty that they won't be tempted away by the devil? To me that invites the devil into the picture.

How do you account for all those who were certain of salvation and then down the track were tempted right away from faith? How can any human have the type of certainty that they won't be tempted away by the devil? To me that invites the devil into the picture.

The devil can't take what belongs to Christ....His sheep shall never perish....see my sig line.

And even a sheep that wanders is never lost....the Good shepherd will leave the 99 to find the lost sheep and bring him back safely to the fold.

We are tempted by many things. But if one is truly born again by the Spirit, Christ Himself said that no one could snatch them out of His hand. As Peter wrote that we are kept by the power of God. If someone leaves the faith the were never Of Christ's sheep in the first place.

Jesus told His disciples that when He comes again, He will separate the sheep from the goats, the believers from the unbelievers. So clearly not all will be saved.

Remember the parable of the sower, and where each batch of seed ended up. And what happened to each--and why.

Matthew 24:13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

We find out for sure at the end.

Endures WHAT?

This is speaking of the coming tribulation that is yet to come.

context, context, context…
John 16:33 "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

Back