I repent of my previous OP. I messed up.

stiggy wiggy

The one about losing my faith. A nice lady named eve took it seriously, and I can see no reason why she or anyone else should not have. I am discouraged in the scriptures from causing anyone to spiritually stumble, and I realize how presumptuous it would be for me to imply that I of all people am some rock solid Christian whose alleged deconversion might negatively impact another believer's belief, since indeed I am not exactly a great example of Christianity, and my straying from the flock would hardly defame the flock. But nevertheless, I shouldn't have engaged in such a deception, as short lived as it was. I should have realized that many readers may have just read the OP and justifiably not bothered with all the subsequent pages.

I had just come back from a seven week ban (not sure what I said, they didn't tell me, but I must have been a VERY bad boy, since I am used to mere five day bans), and I thought it might be interesting, as well as fun, to confess a newfound atheism incurred during my absence, and pretend that it would lead me to despair (which it would I think), and see how my "fellow atheists" might try to offer hope to dispel my fake hopelessness. And bless their hearts, many did. Tried, that is.

Anyway, my belief in the Incarnation, Atonement, Resurrection and Ascension of Jesus Christ remains in my heart and mind with even greater certitude than my belief that we will continue to be frequently deluged (pun intended) with "GOD DROWNED BABIES" posts as long as our Big Red Parrot continues here as my friend.

In sackcloth and ashes.

Last edited:

treeplanter

The one about losing my faith. A nice lady named eve took it seriously, and I can see no reason why she or anyone else should not have. I am discouraged in the scriptures from causing anyone to spiritually stumble, and I realize how presumptuous it would be for me to imply that I of all people am some rock solid Christian whose alleged deconversion might negatively impact another believer's belief, since indeed I am not exactly a great example of Christianity, and my straying from the flock would hardly defame the flock. But nevertheless, I shouldn't have engaged in such a deception, as short lived as it was. I should have realized that many readers may have just read the OP and justifiably not bothered with all the subsequent pages.

I had just come back from a seven week ban (not sure what I said, they didn't tell me, but I must have been a VERY bad boy, since I am used to mere five day bans), and I thought it might be interesting, as well as fun, to confess a newfound atheism incurred during my absence, and pretend that it would lead me to despair (which it would I think), and see how my "fellow atheists" might try to offer hope to dispel my fake hopelessness. And bless their hearts, many did. Tried, that is.

Anyway, my belief in the Incarnation, Atonement, Resurrection and Ascension of Jesus Christ remains in my heart and mind with even greater certitude than my belief that we will continue to be frequently deluged (pun intended) with "GOD DROWNED BABIES" posts as long as our Big Red Parrot continues here as my friend.

In sackcloth and ashes.
I shall do my best to keep up my end of the bargain and shower you with constant reminders of God's moral failure - so much so that a flood shall surely result and God help any babies that might be here on CARM!

Oh well, let's just not do it again, it's always best to be honest, makes for better conversations, and in the long run trust is an important factor no matter what side of the fence we sit on.

Temujin

A seven week ban? The site has only been up and running for about ten weeks. How did you manage that? The most I have managed is five days, with an extra three days added for bad behaviour discovered during my absence.

Keep it up. Every site needs a maverick.

stiggy wiggy

I shall do my best to keep up my end of the bargain and shower you with constant reminders of God's moral failure
When you've only got one feeble arrow in your quiver, you have no choice. Your promising to remain such a one-trick parrot would be like the Skipper promising to continue using his hat to bop Gilligan on the head. We KNOW it's gonna happen on a daily basis and be equally weak.

Here: Let me help you save time with your response. Copy/paste this:

GOD DROWNED BABIES.
Anyone who causes intentional needless suffering is immoral.
I am more moral than God and so are you.

Last edited:

Furion

In sackcloth and ashes.
I was not fooled. :D

No sane person willingly tosses the good aside for cold indifference. If the other side actually had cookies it would be one thing, but it's just a cookie illusion, you try to grab for it and it disappears.

SteveB

In sackcloth and ashes.
after reading the comments by the faithful atheists, now you understand why I chose to ask you privately regarding this.
I thought you handled the irony with great alacrity.
I have to admit, it sure caught me by surprise.

I found myself wondering--- why can't I do irony so well. And asked God about it. He told me that each of us have our respective ways of focusing on truth to make the points necessary.

In sackcloth and ashes.
I answered your post in good faith as my Secular Humanity teaches me - with kindness, acceptance, and a wish of love and happiness for you. I'm sorry to see that this was just a stunt.

But I am glad that my secular human morality proved kinder than your mocking Christian one. And I wish you the best.

stiggy wiggy

I answered your post in good faith as my Secular Humanity teaches me - with kindness, acceptance, and a wish of love and happiness for you. I'm sorry to see that this was just a stunt.

But I am glad that my secular human morality proved kinder than your mocking Christian one. And I wish you the best.
Aren't you overdue for another one of your farewell addresses?

Tercon

I shall do my best to keep up my end of the bargain and shower you with constant reminders of God's moral failure - so much so that a flood shall surely result and God help any babies that might be here on CARM!
Of course you will shower him "with constant reminders of" YOUR own "moral failure", because in reality that's how believers see all "moral failure", as in opposition to the truth and reality of God's morality.