I want to learn all about Krishna

Algernon

Well, that is for me the most important question about Krishna.
I see. "Hinduism" is extremely complex. I may be reading too much into your question, but when you ask, "Is he God ?", it's as if you're asking if Krishna equates to the typical Christian concept of God. Do I understand you correctly?

The Real John Milton

No. He is a god.
You mean he is an Incarnation. Because he is God in human flesh, is he not ? One of the Trimurti-- Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva .

The Krishna who emerged from the blending of these figures was ultimately identified with the supreme god Vishnu-Narayana and, hence, considered his avatar. His worship preserved distinctive traits, chief among them an exploration of the analogies between divine love and human love.....

and

Krishna is the paripurna avatar, or complete incarnation of Vishnu.

He is the Supreme God to his Devotees.

cjab

No. Krishna is somewhat equivalent to Christ with some minor differences; the most notable is that Krishna is a avatar of God while Christ is an incarnation.
The hyper Trinitarian Christ would be a Krishna-like avatar, I suspect (as retaining all the attributes of God), whereas the essentially human Christ (i.e. retaining none of the attributes of God excepting a spiritually divine aspect or form to his purely human soul) would not be a Krishna-like avatar.

The Real John Milton

The hyper Trinitarian Christ would be a Krishna-like avatar, I suspect (as retaining all the attributes of God), whereas the essentially human Christ (i.e. retaining none of the attributes of God excepting a spiritually divine aspect or form to his purely human soul) would not be a Krishna-like avatar.
Agreed!

Slyzr

It seems to me that Krishna may just be the God-man Jesus Christ. I see no difference at all.

Not a Hindu expert.

However, some tend to the belief that Krishna got married ..... "spiritually".

as well as Jesus.

Thus, they both speak with great "spiritual authority".

Kind of funny when you think about.

Krishna ........ I'm everything .......

Jesus ...... No you aren't I am.

Krishna ...... no you aren't I am ......

Jesus ... I'm the great Judge .....

Krishna ...... I've been judging before you were born.

So ya ... kind of the same thing.

Last edited: