I want to talk with a militant atheist on God exists or not.

Algor

I stopped reading weeks ago because you and several others just kept giving excuses and I grew weary of it.
Whenever you are asked to give a specific example you don’t. You are too “weary”. Alas for the overburdened little dear.

Nouveau

I stopped reading weeks ago because you and several others just kept giving excuses and I grew weary of it.

For all your supposed intellectual honesty, I've never seen a people who don't want to know by any other way than their own ways, and work assiduously to dismiss, disregard, discredit, discount, and reject all the ways that YHVH says he'd make himself knowable to us.

So, stop. You really are just embarrassing yourself.
You're embarrassing yourself by making accusations you can't support with actual quotes or examples.

This thread is about Yrger and his ideas. Stop trying to turn it into another SteveB thread.

Algor

You're embarrassing yourself by making accusations you can't support with actual quotes or examples.

This thread is about Yrger and his ideas. Stop trying to turn it into another SteveB thread.
He does like talking about himself, doesn’t he?

SteveB

Whenever you are asked to give a specific example you don’t. You are too “weary”. Alas for the overburdened little dear.
Stopping reading implies that I was previously reading.
You should consider that the next time you feel the need to win.

Algor

Stopping reading implies that I was previously reading.
You should consider that the next time you feel the need to win.
Presumably it is your weariness that has now made you incoherent. Poor thing. No wonder you never supply examples when asked. You are so weary.

SteveB

Presumably it is your weariness that has now made you incoherent. Poor thing. No wonder you never supply examples when asked. You are so weary.
Presumably....
Only when you feel that presumptuous thinking actually leads you to the convenient answer you want.

Whateverman

A hundred pages and Yrger is still ignoring everything said to him.
Ditto AN, ferengi, Tercon, StiggyWiggy, SteveB and a bunch of others. At least half of the Christians who routinely respond to this forum have no interest in a conversation with the likes of you (or me, et al)

Short version: duh.

SteveB

Or when some specimen of fragility laments how weary he is, and that’s why the poor thing can’t actually pony up.
Really? I thought it was the experience of human beings who have read the whinings and excuses of people who don't actually want to know the truth for over 4 decades.

As yrger looked like he had the OP well in hand, I left it to him, and moved on to matters that I believe are important to deal with.

Whateverman

Really? I thought it was the experience of human beings who have read the whinings and excuses of people who don't actually want to know the truth for over 4 decades.
You're describing every atheist who's watched your posts here for the last couple of decades.

And still some of us try :rolleyes:

SteveB

You're describing every atheist who's watched your posts here for the last couple of decades.

And still some of us try :rolleyes:
Yeah, I wasn't talking to you when I posted to nouveau now was I?
Oh, wait... I forgot.
There's an old saying that goes--
Throw a rock into a pack of dogs and the one that makes noise is the one that got hit.

So, is your commenting on a post not directed at you your way of saying that you resemble the comment I made to another person?

I'm fully aware that this is an open environment that anyone can comment on. But when I make a comment to a specific person, you might want to consider that I was actually talking to them specifically.

So, if you don't want to be lumped into a group you don't think you belong to, then don't step into a conversation not directed at you.

SteveB

or maybe whenever you are asked a specific question you just evade and make it all about someone else.
I actually did answer the question. Just not the way you wanted it answered.
And considering that I simply stated that

Just because you responded to comments made doesn't mean that you're paying attention.

yrger

NB my writing here is reminiscent of my writing elsewhere in the internet.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear readers and posters here, take notice that the God-deniers here are into evading from the issue God exists or not.

In regard to Latin, I read Latin and can translate Latin texts to English.

So, let you and me, dear readers and posters here who are not God-deniers, again continue to take to my task of seeking concurrence with God-deniers in the resolution of the issue God exists or not.

Okay, dear God-deniers, do you concur with me that my definition or concept of God is the following:
"God is the permanent self-existent cause of man and the universe and everything transient, i.e. with a beginning and an ending." (21 words)

You see, dear readers and posters here, if God-deniers do not concur with me that the above is my concept of God, then they are not into the issue of God exists or not, but into something else - which we will with bated breath await to read about.

Exhibit
Re: God, from concept to existence, an experiment in critical...
Post by yrreg » Tue May 18, 2021 7:29 am

I can prove God exist. -Yrreg
I can prove God does not exist. -Poodle

=====================================

Okay, dear readers and posters here, we two must first start with working together to concur on definitions of God, evidence, and also an exposition on how evidence can prove God exists or does not exist.

Here, I will start first:

My concept of God:
"God is the permanent self-existent cause of man and the universe and everything transient, i.e. with a beginning and an ending." (21 words)

My concept of evidence:
"Evidence is anything in existence leading man to know another thing in existence, owing to their connection, for example, the nose is evidence to lungs." (25 words)

And here is my exposition on evidence that God exists:
"We are transient beings, i.e. we have a beginning and an ending, therefore that is the evidence for God's existence in concept as the permanent self-existent cause of man and the universe and everything transient, i.e. with a beginning and an ending." (42 words)

Exhibit
Re: God, from concept to existence, an experiment in critical...
Post by yrreg » Mon May 17, 2021 6:39 pm

Start proving God does not exist, or just admit that you cannot, then go away.

In case you need some coaching, google: how to prove God does not exist, and produce what you learn here in less than 50 words.

Here are my definitions of God and evidence and my exposition of proof from evidence that God exists.

::

My concept of God:

My concept of evidence:
"Evidence is anything in existence leading man to know another thing in existence, owing to their connection, for example, the nose is evidence to lungs." (25 words)

And here is my exposition on evidence that God exists:
"We are transient beings, i.e. we have a beginning and an ending, therefore that is the evidence for God's existence in concept as the permanent self-existent cause of man and the universe and everything transient, i.e. with a beginning and an ending." (42 words)

::

Dear Poodle, first determine what God you can prove to not exist.

Algor

I actually did answer the question. Just not the way you wanted it answered.
And considering that I simply stated that

Just because you responded to comments made doesn't mean that you're paying attention.
Lame, Steve. I don’t think even you believe that.

SteveB

Lame, Steve. I don’t think even you believe that.
I guess it stinks to be you then.

The question i have for you is why are you so bothered by my statement to another person?

yrger

NB My writing here is reminiscent of my writing elsewhere in the internet.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Each atom by your definition is a god? And responsible for man? -Neutron

I never say that.

Now I just realized that there is no need to get fellow humans to concur together on that there exists God - Who is the permanent self-existent cause of man and the universe and everything transient, i.e. with a beginning and an ending.

Because for myself I am certain that God exists, as defined above, and He is not just in my mind, but in the object world outside and independent of my mind, and still I can say He is as He is everywhere and present all the time, then it is also correct to say that He is in my mind - of course Neutron will again twist my words in order to ask me whether I am of the conviction that my mind is also God.

No, my mind is not God, but it is made by God, and it can and will cease to exist when He stops i.e. extinguish me.

Addendum

Yes, I know that some guys here really hate my guts.

And yes, I still enjoy talking about my expedition and investigation of God, by examining existence.