I was coronavirus positive last month and it's causing me, in my 30s, to be immobilized.. NOT a flu

Feyaway

Hi guys,

The debates about whether or not this virus was a flu ring hollow now.. I wish you were right.. deeply. I did everything I could to avoid it, but my partner brought it to me. Its so much worse than I could imagine... because its effects don't go away yet.. a month later.

I've never been so ill, not with respiratory symptoms, but neurological.. its affected my neurological system. Its so scary.

I can't even walk more than 10 minutes. Not because of respiratory.. but neurological..

Every day is a battle to exist... because it's affected my neurotransmitters. This disease is misery.

Im 38... not 68... Im 38 and it's sucking the life out of me.

It felt like a cold at first, I joked that ive had worse colds.. but at day 7 is when my vision blurred my head felt pressure and the neurological issues started.

Please avoid this virus.

I hope I return to normal. This is not a flu.. I'd rather have a flu 100 times than this.

Temujin

Hi guys,

The debates about whether or not this virus was a flu ring hollow now.. I wish you were right.. deeply. I did everything I could to avoid it, but my partner brought it to me. Its so much worse than I could imagine... because its effects don't go away yet.. a month later.

I've never been so ill, not with respiratory symptoms, but neurological.. its affected my neurological system. Its so scary.

I can't even walk more than 10 minutes. Not because of respiratory.. but neurological..

Every day is a battle to exist... because it's affected my neurotransmitters. This disease is misery.

It felt like a cold at first, I joked that ive had worse colds.. but at day 7 is when my vision blurred my head felt pressure and the neurological issues started.

Please avoid this virus.

I hope I return to normal. This is not a flu.. I'd rather have a flu 100 times than this.
Best wishes to you. Long Covid is apparently horrible, but beatable. You will get better and medics are learning more about this side of the disease all the time. It's great to see you posting again and I look forward to seeing more from you as and when you are able. Keep us posted, and all the best.

Temujin, once Tolpuddlematyr

Authentic Nouveau

We have a large church. 14 ordained in ministry. In my estimate the unhealthiest of all of them is the only one who has not caught China flu God healed that one from a crippling immune system disorder about 10 years ago.

The second from the youngest has it now and has a tough week. The Bishop had it was in hospital 2 days and after quarantine has had 4 hunting trips. He lost weight and finally feels better than he felt before catching it.

Harry Leggs

The bulk who get C-19 are asymptomatic or mild symptoms and the majority recover. Those are the facts. Also 99.996% people alive have not died from C-19. My boss got C-19. Is overweight and has other preexisting and has recovered after being out a little more than a week. Caught it from his live in girly friend/lover or whatever it is called,# who works in hosp somewhere. Not from work.

# cohabitation? Living in sin?

Last edited:

vibise

Hi guys,

Please avoid this virus.

I am happy that you are posting again on CARM, Feyaway, but so sorry to hear that you are one of the victims of this pandemic.
I wish you a complete recovery and look forward to your insights into the issues of the day.
Get well and stay well..

Electric Skeptic

Hi guys,

Please avoid this virus.

Really hope you feel better soon and get back on your feet. Seems to be really knocking you around...I'm so sorry.

Feyaway

The bulk who get C-19 are asymptomatic or mild symptoms and the majority recover. Those are the facts. Also 99.996% people alive have not died from C-19. My boss got C-19. Is overweight and has other preexisting and has recovered after being out a little more than a week. Caught it from his live in girly friend/lover or whatever it is called,# who works in hosp somewhere. Not from work.

# cohabitation? Living in sin?
I also had a MILD case... low grade fever.. no cough.. ZERO cough.. no trouble breathing. I had a mild case.

I laughed and said I've had colds worse than this... but on day 7 it exploded in neurological issues..

This is happening to young healthy people...

As many as 30% have remaining symptoms after 6 weeks.

Im in the 99.99 percent that "recovered" because the cold symptoms disappeared easily.. but it left me, and 30% of us "survivors" with remaining lingering problems.. neurological is the biggest.

I am a sinner of course.. but in the Bible we know not all that are sick because of someone's sin.

Be careful. It's for me so hard.. so so so hard.

Harry Leggs

I also had a MILD case... low grade fever.. no cough.. ZERO cough.. no trouble breathing. I had a mild case.

I laughed and said I've had colds worse than this... but on day 7 it exploded in neurological issues..

This is happening to young healthy people...

As many as 30% have remaining symptoms after 6 weeks.

Im in the 99.99 percent that "recovered" because the cold symptoms disappeared easily.. but it left me, and 30% of us "survivors" with remaining lingering problems.. neurological is the biggest.

I am a sinner of course.. but in the Bible we know not all that are sick because of someone's sin.

Be careful. It's for me so hard.. so so so hard.

Time will tell.

Beloved Daughter

We have a large church. 14 ordained in ministry. In my estimate the unhealthiest of all of them is the only one who has not caught China flu God healed that one from a crippling immune system disorder about 10 years ago.

The second from the youngest has it now and has a tough week. The Bishop had it was in hospital 2 days and after quarantine has had 4 hunting trips. He lost weight and finally feels better than he felt before catching it.

John MacArthur reported that a 70 year old person has a 1 in 219 million chance of getting Covid and that 1 person has less than 1% chance of dying.

Andy Sist

John MacArthur reported that a 70 year old person has a 1 in 219 million chance of getting Covid and that 1 person has less than 1% chance of dying.
Sorry but that guy has no clue what he's talking about. The world population is 7.594 billion and the COVID infection count is 72.8 million. That means 1 in every 104 people on the planet has contracted COVID-19, not 1 in 219 million as falsely claimed. The overall mortality rate varies with the area and the care available but worldwide is 2.2%

Feyaway

Best wishes to you. Long Covid is apparently horrible, but beatable. You will get better and medics are learning more about this side of the disease all the time. It's great to see you posting again and I look forward to seeing more from you as and when you are able. Keep us posted, and all the best.

Temujin, once Tolpuddlematyr
Im obsessively reading longhaulers' accounts. Its kind of scary to read, because many are almost a year in and not recovered. Howecer, Some say they improve with less relapses.. some small percentage seem to say they feel more themselves.. but I just have to have faith.

But if you meet any long hauler who improves, send them my way.. I need any encouragement I can get. Thanks!

Feyaway

I didn't die... I survived! I lived! But it has disabled me, friend, at least a month in.. with strange neurological problems and incapacitating exhaustion that is like narcolepsy... I can't drive now unless it's less than 15 minutes. Anything more and the sleep kicks in. Dangerous.

If 99.7 percent survive, but 30% have lasting damage months past, and if .5% -10% of young healthy people are disabled, that's a huge deal...

At this point we don't know how many are being disabled, but... its happening.. :(

Research long haulers.

Feyaway

I am happy that you are posting again on CARM, Feyaway, but so sorry to hear that you are one of the victims of this pandemic.
I wish you a complete recovery and look forward to your insights into the issues of the day.
Get well and stay well..
Thanks.. if you know about studies a
On long haulers let l
Me know.. I want to get connected to research. Thanks!

Beloved Daughter

Sorry but that guy has no clue what he's talking about. The world population is 7.594 billion and the COVID infection count is 72.8 million. That means 1 in every 104 people on the planet has contracted COVID-19, not 1 in 219 million as falsely claimed. The overall mortality rate varies with the area and the care available but worldwide is 2.2%

Thanks for your support. I've been waiting for such. The CDC has admitted that they were counting people who had other comorbidities. Almost no one gets just COVID. Your own statement says that worldwide morbidity is very minimal.

Covid is a political virus. I'm grateful that my Governor, Doug Ducey, hasn't been sucked into this left wing nonsense. My Pastor has held worship services from day one and no one has become sick.

John MacArthur's church, Grace Community, California, has also been open for at least the last 12 weeks and there is no report of a Covid infection among the congregation.

This nonsense has destroyed businesses, left the elderly without hope and left children without an education. Shameful behavior.

Temujin

Thanks for your support. I've been waiting for such. The CDC has admitted that they were counting people who had other comorbidities. Almost no one gets just COVID. Your own statement says that worldwide morbidity is very minimal.

Covid is a political virus. I'm grateful that my Governor, Doug Ducey, hasn't been sucked into this left wing nonsense. My Pastor has held worship services from day one and no one has become sick.

John MacArthur's church, Grace Community, California, has also been open for at least the last 12 weeks and there is no report of a Covid infection among the congregation.

This nonsense has destroyed businesses, left the elderly without hope and left children without an education. Shameful behavior.
Have you read the OP? How any self-professed Christian can post this tripe while effectively telling a suffering member of this community that they are lying about their illness, is beyond me. You are not alone on this thread sadly. If you cannot show any compassion, at least have the decency to restrict the nonsense about "political" virus to other threads.