I'd Like To Be A Catholic

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayneBeau

do you want to become a protestant who is a believer or one who is an unbeliever?

oh my, that's sounds like a lot to know and learn - compared to the RCC? a believer has one written source to turn to - scripture. there are other writings and commentaries to use also but probably not that many when you toss out all of those by unbelievers / false religions. Find a good bible teacher (or a few of them), read His word, study it and research it.

you learn as you grow in Him, and it's the desire of the heart to do that, it's not a chore. And you'd have the Holy Spirit to guide and teach you.
Amen!

RayneBeau

romishpopishorganist said:
And while we are on the subject, I want to become Protestant--but there are liabilities associated with that. You know--TULIP, Sola Scriptura, Sola Fide, the Commandments, the dogma, the Church services, the writings of the reformers and other Protestant theologians, the Protestant catechisms, the Commandments, and all this, coupled with the Scriptures themselves.

Why do you choose to stay in the Roman Catholic Church and feed your soul man's garbage instead of "growing in Christ" and "having the Holy Spirit to guide and teach you"? The Roman Catholic Church chooses Scripture and Roman Catholic Tradition to be 'mediated' to those who adhere to Roman Catholicism, through what the RCC has dubbed as it's own "authoritative and binding teaching" -made up out of the Roman Catholic Church's own concepts.

RayneBeau

And if we love God and neighbor, we don't break commandments 1-10. For if we do with malice, we become the branch cut off of which Jesus warns us.
Does the Roman Catholic Church "love God and neighbor" when the Vatican effectively eliminated the Second Commandment.

It was in 1994 that the Vatican of the Roman Catholic Church institution distorted God's 10 Commandments when The Catechism of the [Roman] Catholic Church effectively eliminated the second commandment. The Roman Catholic Church re-writes Sacred Scripture using their self-proclaimed license to alter God's Word, which runs shallow in comparison to many of their other Satan-driven antics.

balshan

O
Does the Roman Catholic Church "love God and neighbor" when the Vatican effectively eliminated the Second Commandment.

It was in 1994 that the Vatican of the Roman Catholic Church institution distorted God's 10 Commandments when The Catechism of the [Roman] Catholic Church effectively eliminated the second commandment. The Roman Catholic Church re-writes Sacred Scripture using their self-proclaimed license to alter God's Word, which runs shallow in comparison to many of their other Satan-driven antics.
Oh this is just a line RCs like to throw out. Was the RCC following that commandment when it ignored the abusive priests. Again this is a do what I say, not what I do scenario. Actions speak and the actions of the RCC over the centuries shows no love for God or their neighbour. If they loved God they would not teach false doctrines and they would follow the requirements for leaders. They would not ignore the writings of God via his apostles. But the RCC does ignore scripture. Actions speak. The actions of the RC show it does not love God or its neighbours.

pilgrim

I don't judge him, Jesus did. This passage isn't for you or me anymore than John 4 and the woman at the well is. Jesus knows their hearts and He tailored the gospel to their own situation. With the woman at the well He knew her life story and proved He was messiah by revealing that to her and she found salvation that day. With the rich young ruler, He knew he loved his possessions and gave him the chance to renounce them and follow God. He claimed to keep the commandments but couldn't part with his 'things'. He simply was giving lip service to Jesus. This doesn't mean you or I or anyone else has to sell everything and follow Jesus. In that context none of us can do that today anyway. He isn't literally/physically walking around today with His disciples. That story was for that one person. But we can all benefit from the lesson right?
Of course it is. It is a lesson in detachment from earthly things and it applies to everyone.

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”
Matthew 19:24

mica

Of course it is. It is a lesson in detachment from earthly things and it applies to everyone.

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”
it's about getting and keeping the priorities of this life in proper order.

what comes first?

Nondenom40

Its about THAT one person who encountered Jesus and had thought more of himself than he should have. Jesus brought him face to face with his real issue, material wealth. Catholics love to claim this verse as having to keep the commandments because Jesus told him to. Thats the entirely wrong position to take. So sure, you want to learn to put God first and apply that to you. Go ahead. But keeping the commandments isn't part of the true meaning of the passage. How is your heart towards God? Thats the message.

B

Bonlee1

Why do you choose to stay in the Roman Catholic Church and feed your soul man's garbage instead of "growing in Christ" and "having the Holy Spirit to guide and teach you"? The Roman Catholic Church chooses Scripture and Roman Catholic Tradition to be 'mediated' to those who adhere to Roman Catholicism, through what the RCC has dubbed as it's own "authoritative and binding teaching" -made up out of the Roman Catholic Church's own concepts.
"BINDING"....says it all!

Maxtar

If it is so difficult for you, then don't become Catholic.

I have been Catholic for all 42 years of my life--and I have not had any trouble.

And while we are on the subject, I want to become Protestant--but there are liabilities associated with that. You know--TULIP, Sola Scriptura, Sola Fide, the Commandments, the dogma, the Church services, the writings of the reformers and other Protestant theologians, the Protestant catechisms, the Commandments, and all this, coupled with the Scriptures themselves. That's a lot to remember, let alone put into practice.

Yes, they are indeed. And you are right: one Mortal Sin wipes out all the years of Faith, etc.

Why this should bother a Protestant is unknown to me. Scripture explicitly says "Not all sin is deadly." (1 John 5:17) If not all sin is deadly, it logically follows that some sins are deadly. And if some sins are deadly, then there is your scriptural reference for Mortal Sin.

In any case, if we are saved by Faith alone, and we loose the saving virtue of Faith when we sin unto death, please explain why works would matter, or how else we can be saved. A sin unto death means we are dead. A dead Faith cannot save, can it?

That's true enough, but Catholics never said being Catholic gives someone special consideration.

I am not Catholic because I think being Catholic gets me special consideration from God. I am Catholic because Catholicism is true. I want to be where the truth is.
And which non orthodox Christian sect would you choose? There are so many out there, it would take a lifetime to decide!

pilgrim

If it is so difficult for you, then don't become Catholic.

I have been Catholic for all 42 years of my life--and I have not had any trouble.

And while we are on the subject, I want to become Protestant--but there are liabilities associated with that. You know--TULIP, Sola Scriptura, Sola Fide, the Commandments, the dogma, the Church services, the writings of the reformers and other Protestant theologians, the Protestant catechisms, the Commandments, and all this, coupled with the Scriptures themselves. That's a lot to remember, let alone put into practice...
And the biggest one being that they all deny that they are the One True Church established by Christ.

balshan

Is Truth arrogant?

You contradict yourself.

Why doesn't your church claim to be the one true church if it is ekklesia?
Why does yours when its actions and teachings scream out that it is a false church and not the one true church. You can claim things but that does not make it so, your institution makes a lot of claims and they are come from the father of lies.

A denomination of any colour is not the one true church, the one true church is made up of all true believers.

Nondenom40

Is Truth arrogant?

You contradict yourself.

Why doesn't your church claim to be the one true church if it is ekklesia?
The ekklesia is 'the one true church'. Its occupied by every born again believer around the world independent of where they physically worship. Its not an institution. I worship locally at a small church and while there are born again believers there, i'm sure there are some who are not. Local churches are not 'the' church. Gods church is. Catholics don't get it because they are told its an institution. Its not. The rcc is nowhere found in the n.t.. Which places it outside of biblical christianity.

romishpopishorganist

And the biggest one being that they all deny that they are the One True Church established by Christ.
Actually----I had not thought of that---but you are correct!

In other words---they are walking contradictions. On the one hand "We here at the First Church of the Bible teach the Bible and nothing but the Bible." On the other hand "We here at the First Church of the Bible do not claim to be the one true Church."

If you teach the Bible and nothing but the Bible, then how can you not be the one true Church?

Very good observation on your part.

romishpopishorganist

Alright, let me grant for the sake of argument that this is true.

Who said Protestants got it right? Just because you belong to a "Bible" Church does not entail you are any better off than RCC's. How does one know that your "Bible" Church isn't feeding your soul man's garbage? Telling me "Well because, we are the first Church of the Bible. When the Bible speaks, we speak. When the Bible is silent, we are silent" is no answer. All Bible churches claim that--yet not one "Bible" Church agrees with another "Bible" Church as to what is actually biblical.

Telling me that the RCC is of the devil--only tells me where God is not. It does not tell me where God is.

Even if the RCC is wrong, that does not entail the Protectant reformers and their decedents got it right--especially when the reformers themselves could not agree among themselves as to what the Bible actually teaches or does not teach.

If the RCC is wrong, maybe the whole Christianity thing is wrong. Ever consider that?

Last edited:

balshan

after being catholic, yes.

after being born again, no.
But remember I believe the poster said if the RCC was found to be wrong he would lose his faith or words to that effect? His faith is in the RCC, not Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.