Identifying Jehovah in the New Testament

he came in his OWN name, which he, is the Father, the Ordinal First. and now this name which was not given, nor "manifested" is now made know unto all men.

PICJAG,
101G.
Obviously that's not what Jesus taught.

Rev. 3:12 “‘The one who conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out from it anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the New Jerusalem that descends out of heaven from my God, and my own new name.
... 14:1Then I saw, and look! the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who have his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads.

God has a name, and his Son has another one. The name of God is Jehovah, or in hebrew YHWH.

Psal. 83:18 May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.

There is not another "name" of God, to Jesus or any true Christian ... or at least not if we trust the Word of God and His Son.

try MY "SALVATION, for "YESHUA", it is the Strong's # is (H3442), means, "He is salvation" or "He saves”. for only God SAVES. H3442 יֵשׁוַּע Yeshuwa` (yay-shoo'-ah) n/l. it is written Yod-Shin-Vav-Ayin, it is a masculine noun.

PICJAG,
101G.

Go and read Luke 2:30 and Acts 5:31 again.

Obviously that's not what Jesus taught.

Rev. 3:12 “‘The one who conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out from it anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the New Jerusalem that descends out of heaven from my God, and my own new name.
... 14:1Then I saw, and look! the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who have his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads.

God has a name, and his Son has another one. The name of God is Jehovah, or in hebrew YHWH.

Psal. 83:18 May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.

There is not another "name" of God, to Jesus or any true Christian ... or at least not if we trust the Word of God and His Son.
first thanks for the reply, second, ERROR, listen to Revelation 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name."

OK, Lilel01, who name did he write, look closley at the end of the verse .... "MY" new name. so who name did he write?

PICJAG,
101G.

first thanks for the reply, second, ERROR, listen to Revelation 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name."

OK, Lilel01, who name did he write, look closley at the end of the verse .... "MY" new name. so who name did he write?

Jerusalem? The name of the city of my God?

PICJAG,
101G.

The Bible tells you what that new name is.

Did you even bother to look?

Go and read Luke 2:30 and Acts 5:31 again.
now read Luke while you are in the same chapter verse 25 and see what "consolation" means... (smile).

now for ACTS 5:31, look and see who this Hand is... for the Right hand is the same as his ARM... see Isaiah 63:5.

next...

PICJAG,
101G.

A Bible student can identify Jehovah in the New Testament very easy. I can think of dozens of passages that clearly speak of Jehovah. This is one of them:

Acts 5:30 The God of our forefathers raised up Jesus, whom you killed, hanging him on a stake. 31 God exalted this one (...) to his right hand (...)

That is Peter speaking to the members of the Sanhedrin, who were trying to prohibit Christians from preaching Jesus as Messiah. Who does Peter refer to as "the God of the forefathers" of the Jews?
There you can see one of the expressions that in the New Testament refer directly to Jehovah, even if they do not mention his proper name right there.

There are others, like here:

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified his Servant, Jesus, whom you handed over and disowned before Pilate, even though he had decided to release him.

There we can read it directly: it was Jehovah who resurrected Jesus and glorified him. When the Scriptures say #GOD resurrected Jesus" everywhere, it is saying that JEHOVAH resurrected Jesus.

There you can see one of the expressions that in the New Testament refer directly to Jehovah, even if they do not mention his proper name right there.

There are others, like here:

Acts 3:13 The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified his Servant, Jesus, whom you handed over and disowned before Pilate, even though he had decided to release him.

There we can read it directly: it was Jehovah who resurrected Jesus and glorified him. When the Scriptures say #GOD resurrected Jesus" everywhere, it is saying that JEHOVAH resurrected Jesus.
Indeed, God The Father, Son, Holy Spirit resurrected Jesus Christ.

Did Jesus know Jehovah personally?

This is what Jesus said about it:

John 8:54 Jesus answered: “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, the one who you say is your God. 55 Yet you have not known him, but I know him. And if I said I do not know him, I would be like you, a liar. But I do know him and am observing his word.

Did Jesus know Jehovah personally?

This is what Jesus said about it:

John 8:54 Jesus answered: “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, the one who you say is your God. 55 Yet you have not known him, but I know him. And if I said I do not know him, I would be like you, a liar. But I do know him and am observing his word.
Where is the word "Jehovah" in this verse? He is talking about His Father.

Hebrews 1:3 says "He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature". Jesus nature is divine. Jesus is Jehovah in the flesh.

Where is the word "Jehovah" in this verse? He is talking about His Father.

Hebrews 1:3 says "He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature". Jesus nature is divine. Jesus is Jehovah in the flesh.
So, according to you: if the Father of Jesus is not Jehovah, who would it be? Another god?

John 8:54 Jesus answered: “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, the one who you say is your God. 55 Yet you have not known him, but I know him. And if I said I do not know him, I would be like you, a liar. But I do know him and am observing his word.

You're reading it straight from Jesus. You keep making excuses not to believe him because of your traditions. Don't you fear to deny Christ?

So, according to you: if the Father of Jesus is not Jehovah, who would it be? Another god?

John 8:54 Jesus answered: “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, the one who you say is your God. 55 Yet you have not known him, but I know him. And if I said I do not know him, I would be like you, a liar. But I do know him and am observing his word.

You're reading it straight from Jesus. You keep making excuses not to believe him because of your traditions. Don't you fear to deny Christ?
The Father is Jehovah.

You dont understand Phillipians 2. God became a servant by becoming man.

You believe in a false gospel.

The Father is Jehovah.

You dont understand Phillipians 2. God became a servant by becoming man.

You believe in a false gospel.
Well, then you know that in the "New Testament" the Father of Jesus is Jehovah God. That is my point ... so it IS NOT "a false gospel" or you are accusing yourself of the same.

PD: I would very much like to read comments that are reasonable and do not seem mechanical, but have some sense of logic or valid human reasoning. I know it will not always be possible, sometimes people do not reason very well and are guided only by their impulses and not by logic ... Other times they are just machines that cannot even reason in what they read, and only throw part of what its database says regardless of what is being discussed in the conversation thread. Pity ... but that's the way the internet is lately.

Some believers think that it is not necessary to use God's personal name.

Most of them argue that if the exact pronunciation in Hebrew is not known, no name should be used. Is this a good argument for not using God's personal name?

Some believers think that it is not necessary to use God's personal name.

Most of them argue that if the exact pronunciation in Hebrew is not known, no name should be used. Is this a good argument for not using God's personal name?
We do use God's personal name. His name is Jesus in English.

You can say whatever you want. ;)

Matt. 12:36  I tell YOU that every unprofitable saying that men speak, they will render an account concerning it on Judgment Day; 37 for by your words you will be declared righteous, and by your words you will be condemned.

Well, then you know that in the "New Testament" the Father of Jesus is Jehovah God. That is my point ... so it IS NOT "a false gospel" or you are accusing yourself of the same.

PD: I would very much like to read comments that are reasonable and do not seem mechanical, but have some sense of logic or valid human reasoning. I know it will not always be possible, sometimes people do not reason very well and are guided only by their impulses and not by logic ... Other times they are just machines that cannot even reason in what they read, and only throw part of what its database says regardless of what is being discussed in the conversation thread. Pity ... but that's the way the internet is lately.
IOW Jesus is Jehovah The SON.

Back