Identifying Jehovah in the New Testament

Did you know that the Greek word for "hallelujah" is a translation of the expression "praise Jah" in Hebrew?
Jah is an abbreviation for Jehovah, and is used several times in the Hebrew Scriptures.

In the book of Revelation, the heavenly creatures praise Jehovah at the occurrence of the event of the destruction of the religious world empire that attempts to replace the pure worship of Jehovah.

Rev. 19:1 After this I heard what seemed to be a loud voice of a great crowd in heaven. They said:
Praise Jah! The salvation and the glory and the power belong to our God, 2 because his judgments are true and righteous. For he has executed judgment on the great prostitute who corrupted the earth with her sexual immorality, and he has avenged the blood of his slaves that is on her hands.”
3 And right away for the second time they said:
Praise Jah! And the smoke from her goes on ascending forever and ever.”
4 And the 24 elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshipped God who sits on the throne and said:
“Amen! Praise Jah!”
5 Also, a voice came from the throne and said:
Be praising our God, all you his slaves, who fear him, the small ones and the great.”
6 And I heard what sounded like a voice of a great crowd and like the sound of many waters and like the sound of heavy thunders. They said:
Praise Jah, because Jehovah our God, the Almighty, has begun to rule as king! 7 Let us rejoice and be overjoyed and give him glory, because the marriage of the Lamb has arrived and his wife has prepared herself. 8 Yes, it has been granted to her to be clothed with bright, clean, fine linen—for the fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the holy ones.”
9 And he tells me, “Write: Happy are those invited to the evening meal of the Lamb’s marriage.” Also, he tells me: “These are the true sayings of God.”

Did you notice the difference between the One whom they praise here, Jah Jehovah, and the Lamb and his bride/wife?

Did you know that the Greek word for "hallelujah" is a translation of the expression "praise Jah" in Hebrew?
Jah is an abbreviation for Jehovah, and is used several times in the Hebrew Scriptures.

In the book of Revelation, the heavenly creatures praise Jehovah at the occurrence of the event of the destruction of the religious world empire that attempts to replace the pure worship of Jehovah.

Rev. 19:1 After this I heard what seemed to be a loud voice of a great crowd in heaven. They said:
Praise Jah! The salvation and the glory and the power belong to our God, 2 because his judgments are true and righteous. For he has executed judgment on the great prostitute who corrupted the earth with her sexual immorality, and he has avenged the blood of his slaves that is on her hands.”
3 And right away for the second time they said:
Praise Jah! And the smoke from her goes on ascending forever and ever.”
4 And the 24 elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshipped God who sits on the throne and said:
“Amen! Praise Jah!”
5 Also, a voice came from the throne and said:
Be praising our God, all you his slaves, who fear him, the small ones and the great.”
6 And I heard what sounded like a voice of a great crowd and like the sound of many waters and like the sound of heavy thunders. They said:
Praise Jah, because Jehovah our God, the Almighty, has begun to rule as king! 7 Let us rejoice and be overjoyed and give him glory, because the marriage of the Lamb has arrived and his wife has prepared herself. 8 Yes, it has been granted to her to be clothed with bright, clean, fine linen—for the fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the holy ones.”
9 And he tells me, “Write: Happy are those invited to the evening meal of the Lamb’s marriage.” Also, he tells me: “These are the true sayings of God.”

Did you notice the difference between the One whom they praise here, Jah Jehovah, and the Lamb and his bride/wife?

Since you claim to be a Jehovah's Witness what do you think about what the Watchtower asserted below?

The Watchtower: Though the book of Revelation is largely symbolic, there is truly much food for thought and fine counsel and encouragement in its plain statements. In particular are its messages to the seven congregations in Asia Minor very beneficial. Also, repeatedly we find the need of endurance stressed and the bright hope given of the eventual triumph of righteousness. (Rev. 1:9; 2:3, 19; 3:10; 13:10; 14:12) Also, throughout, it tells of or calls for worship, praise, and honor to be given to the Creator, Jehovah God, and to the Lamb. (A Revelation—of Jehovah's Will and Purposes, November 15, 1976, page 700, the boldface and underlined are mine)
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1976847

It is evident that Jesus had never taught Peter or any of his followers that he was Jehovah.

Acts 3:12  When Peter saw this, he said to the people: “Men of Israel, why are you so amazed at this, and why are you staring at us as though by personal power or godly devotion we have made him walk? 13 The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified his Servant, Jesus, whom you handed over and disowned before Pilate, even though he had decided to release him. 14 Yes, you disowned that holy and righteous one, and you asked for a man who was a murderer to be given to you, 15 whereas you killed the Chief Agent of life. But God raised him up from the dead, of which fact we are witnesses. 16 And through his name, and by our faith in his name, this man whom you see and know has been made strong. The faith that is through him has made this man completely healthy in front of all of you. 17 And now, brothers, I know that you acted in ignorance, just as your rulers also did. 18 But in this way God has fulfilled the things he announced beforehand through the mouth of all the prophets, that his Christ would suffer.

It is evident that Jesus had never taught Peter or any of his followers that he was Jehovah.

Acts 3:12  When Peter saw this, he said to the people: “Men of Israel, why are you so amazed at this, and why are you staring at us as though by personal power or godly devotion we have made him walk? 13 The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified his Servant, Jesus, whom you handed over and disowned before Pilate, even though he had decided to release him. 14 Yes, you disowned that holy and righteous one, and you asked for a man who was a murderer to be given to you, 15 whereas you killed the Chief Agent of life. But God raised him up from the dead, of which fact we are witnesses. 16 And through his name, and by our faith in his name, this man whom you see and know has been made strong. The faith that is through him has made this man completely healthy in front of all of you. 17 And now, brothers, I know that you acted in ignorance, just as your rulers also did. 18 But in this way God has fulfilled the things he announced beforehand through the mouth of all the prophets, that his Christ would suffer.

You should have continued to at least Acts 3:22. Here, Luke records Peter quoting from Deuteronomy 18:15.

Luke also records Stephen saying the same thing in Acts 7:37.

The Lord Jesus being a "prophet" (Acts 7:37; cf. Acts 3:22) corresponds with Him being the "Lord" to whom Stephen addressed his prayers to in Acts 7:59-60. Since only God is the proper recipient of prayer proves the Lord Jesus is God.

Did anyone who listened Peter think that Jesus was Jehovah?

Well, some people today think so. Weird, right?

Blah blah blah.

Did Stephen pray to Jesus?
He was seeing him in a vision. He wasn't praying to him; he was talking to him.

Blah blah blah.

Stupidity on your part.

Yes.
The Watchtower: The prayer offered by Stephen when he was being martyred is recorded at Acts 7:59, 60 (Questions From Readers, February 1, 1959, page 96).

The vision took place in the city while the prayer took place after he was "cast out of the city" (Acts 7:58).

Blah blah blah.
To talk and to pray are not the same.
Some people are so caught up in their religious fantasies that they lose their common sense.

Blah blah blah.

Your a real piece of work Lile101. Even if it was a vision (and it was not) your still seeing with the eyes. Secondly, even if Stephen was talking with Jesus please explain why he would ask a created being (according to your theology) why Stephen wanted this man only to receive his spirit?

Btw, did you happen to read Romans 10:9-13? Of course you haven't. Notice vs12, "for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call upon Him; vs13, for Whoever will call upon the name of the Lord will be saved." Why does it say, "The same Lord is Lord of all?" Notice vs9, "that if you confess with your mouth JESUS AS LORD,' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved." Which Lord was Stephen talking to, oops, I mean praying to? The Lord Jesus, the Lord God, or one and the same Lord?

IN GOD THE SON,
james

Blah blah blah.

See my first response from my previous post.

To talk and to pray are not the same.

You claimed to be a Jehovah's Witness and they affirmed what took place is a prayer.

The Watchtower: The prayer offered by Stephen when he was being martyred is recorded at Acts 7:59, 60 (Questions From Readers, February 1, 1959, page 96).

And this:
Awake!: The tools employed by Christ and his followers in their ministry were reason and persuasion. (Matthew 22:41-46; Acts 17:2; 19:8) And they prayed for their enemies and persecutors.—Matthew 5:44; Acts 7:59-60. (Do You Discuss Religion?, February 22, 1999, page 4)

Was Stephen a Trinitarian? Just read his entire speech to the Jews before they stoned him. Stephen knew very well that only Jehovah is God, and that Jesus was his envoy, his Son, his Messiah. He was talking about Jehovah for a long time before they stoned him to death. Those who use Stephen as an example of a Trinitarian slander him... they obviously deny everything he said in his speech about Jehovah.

This is the whole discourse of Stephen before Jews stoned him to death:

Acts 7:2 (...)
“Men, brothers and fathers, listen. The God of glory appeared to our forefather Abraham while he was in Mes·o·po·taʹmi·a, before he took up residence in Haʹran, 3 and he said to him: ‘Go out from your land and from your relatives and come into the land that I will show you.’ 4 Then he went out of the land of the Chal·deʹans and took up residence in Haʹran. And from there, after his father died, God caused him to resettle in this land where you now dwell. 5 And yet, he did not give him any inheritance in it, no, not even enough to put his foot on; but he promised to give it to him as a possession and after him to his offspring, though as yet he had no child. 6 Moreover, God told him that his offspring would be foreigners in a land not theirs and that the people would enslave them and afflict them for 400 years. 7 ‘And that nation for which they will slave I will judge,’ God said, ‘and after these things they will come out and will offer sacred service to me in this place.’
8 “He also gave him a covenant of circumcision, and he became the father of Isaac and circumcised him on the eighth day, and Isaac became the father of Jacob, and Jacob of the 12 family heads. 9 And the family heads became jealous of Joseph and sold him into Egypt. But God was with him, 10 and he rescued him out of all his tribulations and gave him favor and wisdom before Pharʹaoh king of Egypt. And he appointed him to govern Egypt and his whole house. 11 But a famine came on all of Egypt and Caʹnaan, yes, a great tribulation, and our forefathers could not find anything to eat. 12 But Jacob heard that there were food supplies in Egypt, and he sent our forefathers out the first time. 13 During the second time, Joseph made himself known to his brothers, and the family of Joseph became known to Pharʹaoh. 14 So Joseph sent a message and called his father Jacob and all his relatives from that place, 75 persons in all. 15 So Jacob went down into Egypt, and he died there, and so did our forefathers. 16 They were carried to Sheʹchem and were laid in the tomb that Abraham had bought for a sum of silver money from the sons of Haʹmor in Sheʹchem.
17 “Just as the time was approaching to fulfill the promise that God had announced to Abraham, the people grew and multiplied in Egypt, 18 until there rose a different king over Egypt, one who did not know of Joseph. 19 This one dealt cunningly with our race and wrongfully forced the fathers to abandon their infants so that they would not be kept alive. 20 At that time Moses was born, and he was divinely beautiful. And he was nursed for three months in his father’s home. 21 But when he was abandoned, the daughter of Pharʹaoh took him and brought him up as her own son. 22 So Moses was instructed in all the wisdom of the Egyptians. In fact, he was powerful in his words and deeds.
23 “Now when he reached the age of 40, it came into his heart to make a visit on his brothers, the sons of Israel. 24 When he caught sight of one of them being unjustly treated, he defended him and avenged the one being abused by striking down the Egyptian. 25 He thought that his brothers would grasp that God was giving them salvation by his hand, but they did not grasp it. 26 The next day he appeared to them as they were fighting, and he tried to reconcile them in peace, saying: ‘Men, you are brothers. Why do you mistreat each other?’ 27 But the one who was mistreating his neighbor pushed him away, saying: ‘Who appointed you ruler and judge over us? 28 You do not want to do away with me the way you did away with the Egyptian yesterday, do you?’ 29 On hearing this, Moses fled and lived as a foreigner in the land of Midʹi·an, where he became the father of two sons.
30 “After 40 years had passed, an angel appeared to him in the wilderness of Mount Siʹnai in the flame of a burning thornbush. 31 When Moses saw it, he was amazed at the sight. But as he was approaching to investigate, Jehovah’s voice was heard: 32 ‘I am the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob.’ Moses started trembling and did not dare to investigate further. 33 Jehovah said to him: ‘Remove the sandals from your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy ground. 34 I have certainly seen the oppression of my people who are in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and I have come down to rescue them. Now come, I will send you off to Egypt.’ 35 This same Moses whom they had disowned, saying: ‘Who appointed you ruler and judge?’ is the very one God sent as both ruler and deliverer by means of the angel who appeared to him in the thornbush. 36 This man led them out, performing wonders and signs in Egypt and at the Red Sea and in the wilderness for 40 years.
37 “This is the Moses who said to the sons of Israel: ‘God will raise up for you from among your brothers a prophet like me.’ 38 This is the one who came to be among the congregation in the wilderness with the angel who spoke to him on Mount Siʹnai and with our forefathers, and he received living sacred pronouncements to give us. 39 Our forefathers refused to obey him, but they pushed him aside and in their hearts they turned back to Egypt, 40 saying to Aaron: ‘Make gods for us to go ahead of us. For we do not know what has happened to this Moses, who led us out of the land of Egypt.’ 41 So they made a calf in those days and brought a sacrifice to the idol and began to enjoy themselves in the works of their hands. 42 So God turned away from them and handed them over to offer sacred service to the army of heaven, just as it is written in the book of the Prophets: ‘It was not to me that you made offerings and sacrifices for 40 years in the wilderness, was it, O house of Israel? 43 But it was the tent of Moʹloch and the star of the god Reʹphan that you took up, the images that you made to worship them. So I will deport you beyond Babylon.’
44 “Our forefathers had the tent of the witness in the wilderness, just as He gave orders when speaking to Moses to make it according to the pattern he had seen. 45 And our forefathers received possession of it and brought it in with Joshua into the land possessed by the nations, whom God drove out from before our forefathers. Here it remained until the days of David. 46 He found favor in the sight of God and asked for the privilege of providing a dwelling place for the God of Jacob. 47 But it was Solʹo·mon who built a house for him. 48 However, the Most High does not dwell in houses made with hands, just as the prophet says: 49 ‘The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. What sort of house will you build for me? Jehovah says. Or where is my resting-place? 50 My hand made all these things, did it not?’
51 “Obstinate men and uncircumcised in hearts and ears, you are always resisting the holy spirit; as your forefathers did, so you do. 52 Which one of the prophets did your forefathers not persecute? Yes, they killed those who announced in advance the coming of the righteous one, whose betrayers and murderers you have now become, 53 you who received the Law as transmitted by angels but have not kept it.”
54 Well, at hearing these things, they were infuriated in their hearts and began to grind their teeth at him. 55 But he, being full of holy spirit, gazed into heaven and caught sight of God’s glory and of Jesus standing at God’s right hand, 56 and he said: “Look! I see the heavens opened up and the Son of man standing at God’s right hand.”

Have Trinitarians noticed that Stephen was talking about Jehovah all the time before he was stoned? How do Trinitarians imply that Stephen was a Trinitarian?

55 But he, being full of holy spirit, gazed into heaven and caught sight of God’s glory and of Jesus standing at God’s right hand, 56 and he said: “Look! I see the heavens opened up and the Son of man standing at God’s right hand.”

Have Trinitarians noticed that Stephen was talking about Jehovah all the time before he was stoned?

The boldface and underlined above are mine.

Great job!

Acts 7:
54 Well, at hearing these things, they were infuriated in their hearts and began to grind their teeth at him. 55 But he, being full of holy spirit, gazed into heaven and caught sight of God’s glory and of Jesus standing at God’s right hand, 56 and he said: “Look! I see the heavens opened up and the Son of man standing at God’s right hand.”

Some people blatantly twist biblical accounts, try to change the meaning of words, interpret the reported events in their own way. Thank God we have the writings.

Acts 7:

Some people blatantly twist biblical accounts, try to change the meaning of words, interpret the reported events in their own way. Thank God we have the writings.

You affirmed that Stepen was "talking about Jehovah all the time."

Furthermore, you are still dodging the question from post 154.

If we read Daniel's words to the angel here:

Dan. 10:15 Now when he spoke these words to me, I turned my face to the ground and became speechless. 16 Then one who looked like a man touched my lips, and I opened my mouth and said to the one who stood in front of me: “My lord, I am shuddering because of the vision, and I have no strength. 17 So how can my lord’s servant speak with my lord? For now I have no strength, and there is no breath left in me.”
18 The one who looked like a man touched me again and strengthened me. 19 Then he said: “Do not be afraid, O very precious man. May you have peace. Be strong, yes, be strong.” As he spoke with me I was strengthened and I said: “Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me.”

... we can see Daniel talking to an angel, and this angel giving him peace and strengthtening him. Was Daniel praying to this angel, and he was answering his prayers?

So why should the case of Stephen talking to Jesus, whom he is seeing in a vision, be considered a prayer?

A prayer is only addressed to someone who is invisible to the eye. Jesus prayed many times to Jehovah, his Father, and taught his disciples to do the same.

Heb. 5:7 During his life on earth, Christ offered up supplications and also petitions, with strong outcries and tears, to the One who was able to save him out of death, and he was favorably heard for his godly fear.

Phil. 4:6 Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving, let your petitions be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your mental powers by means of Christ Jesus.

... we can see Daniel talking to an angel, and this angel giving him peace and strengthtening him. Was Daniel praying to this angel, and he was answering his prayers?

No.

Do the official writings from the JW's say it is a prayer?

So why should the case of Stephen talking to Jesus, whom he is seeing in a vision, be considered a prayer?

The vision took place in the city while the prayer took place after he was "cast out of the city" (Acts 7:58).

Back