If a poster rips off another poster's name

How should we deal with this hypothetical situation:

A hypothetical Christian poster sets a record for number of posts on a hypothetical Christian discussion board. The content of his posts rankles a hypothetical atheist poster to the extent that when the hypothetical discussion board goes down and is replaced by a different format, he registers under the name used by the aforementioned Christian poster, thereby shutting out said Christian poster from being able to continue using that name he had been using for years.

Now obviously this hypothetical atheist made a hypothetically punk move motivated by nothing but spite and perhaps jealousy. To answer my question in the first paragraph above, I suppose any hypothetical reader of the hypothetical atheist's post should consider the source and dismiss the content as unworthy of consideration, regardless of whether the hypothetical atheist with the punk move hailed from Britain or America.

Beloved Daughter

A hypothetical Christian poster sets a record for number of posts on a hypothetical Christian discussion board. The content of his posts rankles a hypothetical atheist poster to the extent that when the hypothetical discussion board goes down and is replaced by a different format, he registers under the name used by the aforementioned Christian poster, thereby shutting out said Christian poster from being able to continue using that name he had been using for years.

Now obviously this hypothetical atheist made a hypothetically punk move motivated by nothing but spite and perhaps jealousy. To answer my question in the first paragraph above, I suppose any hypothetical reader of the hypothetical atheist's post should consider the source and dismiss the content as unworthy of consideration, regardless of whether the hypothetical atheist with the punk move hailed from Britain or America.

I believe you and it's quite easy to know the poster you are talking about.

You can report it, or even better place that poster on ignore. They hate being ignored.

I think said poster should surrender the name, too hijack a name is a bit of a dick move.

Whatsisface

Now obviously this hypothetical atheist made a hypothetically punk move motivated by nothing but spite and perhaps jealousy.
Gosh, if that's true, it's just like the "Christian's" posts.
To answer my question in the first paragraph above, I suppose any hypothetical reader of the hypothetical atheist's post should consider the source and dismiss the content as unworthy of consideration, regardless of whether the hypothetical atheist with the punk move hailed from Britain or America.
You have the wrong poster.

The Pixie

If the hypothetical Christian poster did not consistently tell lies I might be sympathetic.

Authentic Nouveau

Hi ES. I used to post here under the names ObjectivelyMoral, America and (way back in the day) Whateverman. It's funny to me that my old banned account.

Atheista abundance of insecurity

Furion

If the hypothetical Christian poster did not consistently tell lies I might be sympathetic.
I can only sympathize for people like myself too.

I was thinking of using Treeplanter, The Pixie or whatsisface, by I suddenly discovered my self respect.

Tiburon

Was it a move motivated by dickness? Perhaps he or she just thought it a good name and leapt at the chance afforded them in the new world. Has the former named asked the current named to surrender the name?
I would have thought the former named would have been glad to be rid of it what with it being afforded zero respect.
Why is it that you seem to care more than the prior owner?

docphin5

It is slightly annoying for those who have been on the forums for years. I have to do a double-take when reading certain posts in order to remind myself this is not who I thought it once was. But only a minor annoyance. In time I will adjust to the new reality.

Was it a move motivated by dickness? Perhaps he or she just thought it a good name and leapt at the chance afforded them in the new world.

And perhaps Jack the Ripper might have randomly chosen the name Winston Churchill.

I would have thought the former named would have been glad to be rid of it what with it being afforded zero respect.

Perhaps the last thing he desires is respect from the likes of you.

Authentic Nouveau

"To imitate someone is to pay the person a genuine compliment — often an unintended compliment."

"

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"​

In Professional Psychology, their obsessions are how they display their personalities.