If aliens did exist, how would Roman Catholics handle it?

balshan

And there goes another handful.
The comment has been a reference to all the posts by some RCs, who have thrown doubt on the accuracy of God's word and whether it can be trusted. Not in this thread but it is happening more and more, in other threads. Which is strange as the catechism is very clear that God's word can be trusted.

Through all the words of Sacred Scripture, God speaks only one single Word, his one Utterance in whom he expresses himself completely:

You recall that one and the same Word of God extends throughout Scripture, that it is one and the same Utterance that resounds in the mouths of all the sacred writers, since he who was in the beginning God with God has no need of separate syllables; for he is not subject to time.

The catechism is clear on who is really speaking in scripture. The mud from some RCs about God's word are - is it accurate as there are no originals for example. Whilst it is true we have no originals, it is doubting the accuracy of scripture. Can the translation be trusted? As you can compare several translations against one another this is not a problem and I have not found this to be a problem and I do know some Koine Greek. It is throwing more doubt on the scriptures. This sort of mud throwing does nothing but throw doubt on whether God's word can be trusted. If you were a new believer reading this you would be out the door.

LifeIn

Isn't it odd that two of the most popular threads in the RC forum are about weird hypotheticals? What if ET showed up? What if the Reformation never happened? Of course once the thread starts, the OP topic is left in the dust, only to be replaced by the same-old same-old. It would be nice if there was just a little effort to maintain a connection with the thread topic in all subsequent postings. So in keeping with that, I will just say there is no way of knowing what the response would be to ET by Catholics or Lutherans or Calvanists or Bapists or any other Christian, because in none of these groups is there any doctrine or teaching about ETs, or the possibilities thereof. That makes any speculation nothing more than fiction writing.

Nic

Isn't it odd that two of the most popular threads in the RC forum are about weird hypotheticals? What if ET showed up? What if the Reformation never happened? Of course once the thread starts, the OP topic is left in the dust, only to be replaced by the same-old same-old. It would be nice if there was just a little effort to maintain a connection with the thread topic in all subsequent postings. So in keeping with that, I will just say there is no way of knowing what the response would be to ET by Catholics or Lutherans or Calvanists or Bapists or any other Christian, because in none of these groups is there any doctrine or teaching about ETs, or the possibilities thereof. That makes any speculation nothing more than fiction writing.
I have a suggestion, why not focus on a particular aspect of Roman Catholicism that you feel knowledgeable and passionate about that is continually misrepresented by either RCs or other non-Roman Catholics and please state your specific reasons and goal of the thread, the types of responses you will entertain and the types of things you'll ignore. Give that a go and let's see how it works!

Nic🙂