If atheism is so great, why would atheists who are highly educated leave?

Bob1

Nope. I see where you are ignoring the inconvenient truth about your own bias and preconceptions about what Jesus said about you.

You don't actually like reading the bible for the purpose of understanding and learning do you?

Sin, ego, selfishness, egocentricity are very powerful things in life.

Jesus was quite clear about this issue.

Mat 16:24-27 WEB 24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If anyone desires to come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me. 25 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, and whoever will lose his life for my sake will find it. 26 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his life? Or what will a man give in exchange for his life? 27 For the Son of Man will come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and then he will render to everyone according to his deeds.

Denying one's self, picking up one's instrument of death... these are counterintuitive perspectives in life.

Just as Jesus said, it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God.

I.e., it's impossible for you to enter God's Kingdom unless you do it on God's terms.

That unless you repent and believe the gospel of Jesus you will perish and spend your eternity in the lake of fire.
And it'll be nobody else's fault but your own.

Same thing I've been stating since I first started posting here in late 2012.
Still can't acknowledge reality, can you Steve?
If your religion was so great and worked like you claim it does then no one would leave it. Yet many people do just that. Why???... because it's not nearly as great or effective as you claim.

Whatsisface

That unless you repent and believe the gospel of Jesus you will perish and spend your eternity in the lake of fire.
And it'll be nobody else's fault but your own.

Same thing I've been stating since I first started posting here in late 2012.
You've been posting coming on ten years, and you still don't understand why you haven't converted anyone.

Atheists tell you over and over why they don't find you convincing but you seem impervious to reason.

At the very least you should take what atheists say into account and adjust your approach accordingly in an effort to counter objections. But no. You blindly carry on saying the same old thing and get nowhere.

Bob1

You've been posting coming on ten years, and you still don't understand why you haven't converted anyone.

Atheists tell you over and over why they don't find you convincing but you seem impervious to reason.

At the very least you should take what atheists say into account and adjust your approach accordingly in an effort to counter objections. But no. You blindly carry on saying the same old thing and get nowhere.
He also can't seem to accept that some people sought the deity of the bible sincerely and came up empty-handed. He always runs to the excuse that you didn't try hard enough or you didn't try the right way.

Mr Laurier

He also can't seem to accept that some people sought the deity of the bible sincerely and came up empty-handed. He always runs to the excuse that you didn't try hard enough or you didn't try the right way.
His script wont let him.

Whatsisface

His thinking has the Bible as absolutely right, anything that doesn't tally with it is at fault. This leaves him with some beliefs detached from reality.

Electric Skeptic

But he won't tell you exactly what the 'right way' is. He wants you to tell him what you did, so he can pounce out and say 'Gotcha!' when he finds an 'i' you didn't dot or a 't' you didn't cross. That's why he refuses to provide the exact steps necessary.

SteveB

Still can't acknowledge reality, can you Steve?
🤣
My entire life is a constant reality.
So, I'd say that the problem here isn't that I "can't acknowledge reality."
Rather that I see a reality that is beyond what you think is reality.
As we read in 2 Corinthians 4.

2Co 4:18 WEB while we don’t look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

This is exactly why I know that what you think is reality is a shadow of the true reality.

Col 2:17 which are a shadow of what is to come, but the reality is Christ.
If your religion was so great and worked like you claim it does then no one would leave it.
You're just saying that you don't actually understand what the truth is.
Jesus made it quite clear.

Some people simply prefer their sin to God's Kingdom and Righteousness.

Yet many people do just that. Why???... because it's not nearly as great or effective as you claim.

Read the bible and learn for yourself.

Joh 3:18-20 WEB 18 He who believes in him is not judged. He who doesn’t believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only born Son of God. 19 This is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does evil hates the light, and doesn’t come to the light, lest his works would be exposed.

As well as

Heb 2:1 WEB Therefore we ought to pay greater attention to the things that were heard, lest perhaps we drift away.

Some people lose sight of who Jesus actually is and just wander away thinking it's no big deal.

SteveB

I'm not the one who keeps having a problem with what the bible says about this issue.

The failure to engage him on his terms will always result in your "missing it."

YHVH has made it quite clear...

Do what Jesus said and both Jesus and YHVH will come and make their home with you.

It doesn't get any simpler than that.

Electric Skeptic

I'm not the one who keeps having a problem with what the bible says about this issue.

Do what Jesus said and both Jesus and YHVH will come and make their home with you.
Which is false as many of us have done that and they've not appeared.

SteveB

Which is false as many of us have done that and they've not appeared.
I've long since ceased buying this one.

Jesus said that he will not turn away anyone who comes to him.

So, if you didn't meet him, the failures were yours. Not his.

So, be my guest. Keep repeating your worn out diatribe.

I know it's falsified by the promise of God and Jesus to fulfill their promises.
Promises which I've never once experienced a failure to be fulfilled, and never once heard anyone say that God is a liar, and their claim be true.

Electric Skeptic

I've long since ceased buying this one.

Jesus said that he will not turn away anyone who comes to him.

So, if you didn't meet him, the failures were yours. Not his.

So, be my guest. Keep repeating your worn out diatribe.

I know it's falsified by the promise of God and Jesus to fulfill their promises.
It's not falsified - your interpretation of a thousands of years old text by unknown authors claiming what a person we cannot know existed claimed is falsified.
Promises which I've never once experienced a failure to be fulfilled, and never once heard anyone say that God is a liar, and their claim be true.
'Promises' which many have found to be false.

SteveB

It's not falsified - your interpretation of a thousands of years old text by unknown authors claiming what a person we cannot know existed claimed is falsified.
Curious...
The authors are well known.
These are after all historical writings.
I can indeed see why you'd be desperate for them to not be such.
It's the primary reason for why you should seek to dismiss him.

'Promises' which many have found to be false.
And those "many" will find themselves screwed when they wake up in hell.

Jesus did say

Mat 7:13-14 WEB 13 “Enter in by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter in by it. 14 How narrow is the gate and the way is restricted that leads to life! There are few who find it.

As well as

Luk 13:24 WEB “Strive to enter in by the narrow door, for many, I tell you, will seek to enter in and will not be able.

So, telling me that "many" have failed doesn't mean that they were right. It does however mean that you are making a seriously grave mistake by placing your trust in their failures.

I can assure you that not a single one of them will stand with you before YHVH on judgment day.

It's either Jesus who is your defense attorney or you'll be alone.

Mr Laurier

It doesn't get any simpler than that.
I spent a decade and a half doing what Jesus said. Neither Jesus, nor YHVH made their home with me.
Funny how that works out.

Electric Skeptic

Curious...
The authors are well known.
No, they are not.
These are after all historical writings.
No, they are not. They are religious text with some unknown amount of historical content/context.
I can indeed see why you'd be desperate for them to not be such.
I can indeed see why you'd be desperate for them to be such.
It's the primary reason for why you should seek to dismiss him.
I see no evidence that there is a 'him' to dismiss.
And those "many" will find themselves screwed when they wake up in hell.

Jesus did say

Mat 7:13-14 WEB 13 “Enter in by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter in by it. 14 How narrow is the gate and the way is restricted that leads to life! There are few who find it.

As well as

Luk 13:24 WEB “Strive to enter in by the narrow door, for many, I tell you, will seek to enter in and will not be able.

So, telling me that "many" have failed doesn't mean that they were right. It does however mean that you are making a seriously grave mistake by placing your trust in their failures.

I can assure you that not a single one of them will stand with you before YHVH on judgment day.

It's either Jesus who is your defense attorney or you'll be alone.
Preaching; not interested.