If atheism is so great, why would atheists who are highly educated leave?

SteveB

I spent a decade and a half doing what Jesus said. Neither Jesus, nor YHVH made their home with me.
Funny how that works out.
From what I recall of your posts, you spent a decade and a half being molested by priests who claimed to have done what Jesus said.
So, I see nothing about you doing what Jesus said.
Unless of course you think that letting priests molest you was doing what Jesus said. In which case-- I can assure you, from the bible--- Jesus never once said they had the right/authority to molest you, nor did he say you should allow them to.
So, you can either detail what you think Jesus said, and then we can work through what the bible says regarding your ideas, or you can ignore this, and I'll reject your claim as unbiblically founded.

SteveB

No, they are not.

No, they are not. They are religious text with some unknown amount of historical content/context.

I can indeed see why you'd be desperate for them to be such.

I see no evidence that there is a 'him' to dismiss.

Preaching; not interested.
And yet here you are, on a forum where Jesus is preached.
You sure have a twisted idea of what interested means.
But, nonetheless..... you again provide evidence that you've never done what Jesus said.

Nouveau

But, nonetheless..... you again provide evidence that you've never done what Jesus said.
No, we provide evidential testimony that doing what Jesus says doesn't always produce the results you and the Bible claim.

But of course, you reject this out of your blind faith in scripture. This is confirmation bias - counting the hits while ignoring or denying the misses.

Ask yourself this: If scripture were wrong about Jesus always answering when people do what he says, would you ever be able to find that out? Or would your faith in scripture, and your resulting denial of our results, preclude you from ever learning that truth?

Algor

From what I recall of your posts, you spent a decade and a half being molested by priests who claimed to have done what Jesus said.
Unless of course you think that letting priests molest you was doing what Jesus said. In which case-- I can assure you, from the bible--- Jesus never once said they had the right/authority to molest you, nor did he say you should allow them to.
Dude.....Tone deaf doesn't describe it.

Mr Laurier

So, you can either detail what you think Jesus said, and then we can work through what the bible says regarding your ideas, or you can ignore this, and I'll reject your claim as unbiblically founded.
So you recall a fantasy you created from nothing.
I seem to recall the words "Whatsoever thou doest unto these mine bretheren, thou doest also unto me"... being attributed to Jesus.
I've never thought this. But you already knew that.
Ok. Again Steve "Whatsoever thou doest unto these mine bretheren, thou doest also unto me". Do you agree that these words are attributed to your Jesus?
What about "Blessed are those who hunger for justice"? Do those words ring any bells?
What about "Feed the hungry, and clothe the naked"?
What about "Every man is my brother"?
Or "Love thy neighbor as thy self"?
By the way, I STILL live by these principles.
Do you?

Bob1

But he won't tell you exactly what the 'right way' is. He wants you to tell him what you did, so he can pounce out and say 'Gotcha!' when he finds an 'i' you didn't dot or a 't' you didn't cross. That's why he refuses to provide the exact steps necessary.
Yep, I've noticed this. He won't give an exact detailed formula.

Bob1

🤣
My entire life is a constant reality.
So, I'd say that the problem here isn't that I "can't acknowledge reality."
Rather that I see a reality that is beyond what you think is reality.
As we read in 2 Corinthians 4.

2Co 4:18 WEB while we don’t look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

This is exactly why I know that what you think is reality is a shadow of the true reality.

Col 2:17 which are a shadow of what is to come, but the reality is Christ.

You're just saying that you don't actually understand what the truth is.
Jesus made it quite clear.

Some people simply prefer their sin to God's Kingdom and Righteousness.

Read the bible and learn for yourself.

Joh 3:18-20 WEB 18 He who believes in him is not judged. He who doesn’t believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only born Son of God. 19 This is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does evil hates the light, and doesn’t come to the light, lest his works would be exposed.

As well as

Heb 2:1 WEB Therefore we ought to pay greater attention to the things that were heard, lest perhaps we drift away.

Some people lose sight of who Jesus actually is and just wander away thinking it's no big deal.
Still struggling with acknowledging reality, Steve?

No, if your religion were as true, real, and life changing as you claim... no one would leave it. It's that simple. But you won't acknowledge that reality and yet hypocritically think people leaving another point of view demonstrates that point of view to be false. You love to special case plead.

Bob1

I'm not the one who keeps having a problem with what the bible says about this issue.

The failure to engage him on his terms will always result in your "missing it."

YHVH has made it quite clear...

Do what Jesus said and both Jesus and YHVH will come and make their home with you.

It doesn't get any simpler than that.
And plenty have done just that and come up empty-handed.

Electric Skeptic

And yet here you are, on a forum where Jesus is preached.
Nope. Here I am on a forum where, among other things, religion is discussed.
You sure have a twisted idea of what interested means.
Nope.
No, I don't. All I provide is evidence that your 'method' is non-existent.