If Jesus is 'God' because he was called "son of God", "lord" and received prostrations then why not David?

That Jesus is divine is a matter of faith and discernment.
That Jesus is "God" is perverse, because "God" in the NT was the exclusive title that Jesus is on record as reserving for his Father alone: hence "God the Father" is an indivisible epithet. It should not be extended from the Father.
There is NO NT passage which states God is the exclusive title reserved for The Father.

There are many passages in which Jesus claims to be God.
I don't think Jesus ever claimed to be his Father, so I would maintain you are in error.

What you have to address, as a preliminary and as a priori, is that "God" in the NT was ever a form of address to a personage in heaven by Jesus Christ other than the Father of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

@johnny guitar

Do these words describe your faith?

"They affirm that the person of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost is one and the same [God], as if the same God were named now Father, now Son, and now Holy Ghost?"

He didn't affirm that. He said "God."

Once again you are being deceptive.

Jesus puts no hope in the stupid (proverbs 12:1).... He tells the truth for the benefit of those who want to be His own.

Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” Jesus said to him,
“Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip?
Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.
How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?" John 14:8-9

I know that it boggles the brains of the spiritually dead. But, what can we do?

Shouting louder and louder at a deaf man only makes you get a painful hoarse throat. He does not even get a head ache.

Rejoice in your salvation. Do not let the Devil make you hurt yourself by shouting louder and louder.

The one you wish to "reason" with already knows too much to be without excuse.

Its those who are ignorant and searching that we are to show mercy and patience with. In contrast.. Jesus ripped into the Pharisees and openly put them down because they knew the Scriptures extensively. They were without excuse. Showing them more Scripture will be met with spiritual impotence. And, will only provide for them a new challenge to show how they can come up with a spin as to deny the truth. They want to be challenged by faithful believers to prove to themselves how smart they are when they come up with an illusion of a rebuttal...

Keep in mind. Stephen before being stoned to death? He was saying things that were insulting to Saul. Yet, it did not stop Saul from becoming Paul. The Truth insults on the wrong side of the Truth. Including the truth about themselves.

grace and peace ...........

Tell us why Jesus worshipped the Father and yet since they are so equal that the Father never worshipped Jesus?
The Father never became incarnated.

There no example from the Bible that teaches the Father receives worship from created beings that is superior to worship that is properly due unto the Lord Jesus.

The fact that no example exists in the Bible is powerful proof the Lord Jesus is God.

The Father never became incarnated.

There no example from the Bible that teaches the Father receives worship from created beings that is superior to worship that is properly due unto the Lord Jesus.

The fact that no example exists in the Bible is powerful proof the Lord Jesus is God.

If Jesus were 'only a man?'

He would not have needed to become incarnate.

He would have simply been born like any other man.

More nonsense on your part.

Jesus is fully God, but He isn't the Father.
Ergo Jesus is the same God as his Father, " as if the same God were named now Father, now Son, and now Holy Ghost." (Leo I - Letter 15). Ergo: God begat God, God is his own Father, God is God's child = Sabellianism.

That "Jesus" isn't his "Father" isn't material as Jesus and his Father are defined differently to avoid the charge of Sabellianism, but which is made out on this account: "they are the same God."

I don't think Jesus ever claimed to be his Father, so I would maintain you are in error.

What you have to address, as a preliminary and as a priori, is that "God" in the NT was ever a form of address to a personage in heaven by Jesus Christ other than the Father of Jesus Christ.
Strawman. I said Jesus claimed to be God.

Ergo Jesus is the same God as his Father, " as if the same God were named now Father, now Son, and now Holy Ghost." (Leo I - Letter 15). Ergo: God begat God, God is his own Father, God is God's child = Sabellianism.

That "Jesus" isn't his "Father" isn't material as Jesus and his Father are defined differently to avoid the charge of Sabellianism, but which is made out on this account: "they are the same God."
God is ALWAYS Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
Jesus is The Son; The Father is The Father.

The Deity of Christ is the same Deity as the Father. They are "One" and the same!

The Lord God of Israel who was referred to as Jehovah was being two natures in union! Being both Jehovah and..... SOUL ... in union!

'You will eat the old supply and clear out the old because of the new. Moreover,
I will make My dwelling among you, and my soul will not reject you.'I will also walk
among you and be your God, and you shall be My people." Lev 26:10-12

And they began to remove the foreign gods from their midst and to serve Jehovah,
so that his soul became impatient because of the trouble of Israel. Jdges 10:16

Jehovah himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one, and anyone
loving violence his soul certainly hates." Ps 11:5​

Its been revealed there all along. Right there folks! The two natures in union of the Lord God of Israel in the OT!

Deity is not soul! Soul is not Deity! (John 4:23-24) Two different natures eternally existing in union!

But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth;
for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship
in spirit and truth.”

God is what? God is 'spirit.'

God in not 'soul,' but God is 'spirit" in essence! The Lord Jehovah of Israel was always being two natures in union! Jehovah and Soul!

That "soul" of the Lord Jehovah of Israel needed to deny himself of His right to rightfully manifest Himself in the full powers of Jehovah. By choice, he lowered himself into becoming as a man having a soul - the man Jesus Christ! Body and soul... Humanity!

It was Mary with the Holy Spirit who provided the sinless body for the Soul of the Lord Jehovah of Israel!.

In Christ ..........

Back