If salvation is predetermined, why pray for the salvation of others?

Theo1689

She parrots White.

And White "parrots" (to use your derogatory term) the Bible.
So I guess you think it's wrong to believe the Bible.
Whatever.

Dr? I remember when White tried to claim such from less than adequate standards. Did he FINALLY get to where he can claim such?

This is called "ad hominem".
You don't like that White teaches the truth, so you try to attack his credentials.

I believe "The Forgotten Trinity" was his dissertation for his first doctorate.
So he didn't simply "buy" his degree, as his enemies falsely claim.

Some people enjoy being called "Rabbi/Dr". Who cares.....

Another personal attack without any merit.

She parrots White in everything she says. Especially in the KJVO debate.

And since White "parrots" (to use your derogatory terminology) the BIBLE, that means you hate when people teach from the Bible.

How much have you paid him?

Nothing.
Why would I?

But like I said, preachers have a RIGHT to be paid (1 Cor. 9, Luke 10:7, 1 Tim. 5:17-18), and those who benefit from their teaching have an OBLIGATION to pay, just as the eleven tribes had an obligation to tithe to support the tribe of Levi.

Apparently being a "Lone Ranger" Christian isn't working very well for you, as you don't even know what the Bible teaches.

ReverendRV

I knew you did. It is rare to find someone that will just be satisfied with obeying the words from Apostle Peter.

1Pe 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

Why do you feel it necessary to keep adding to those requirements?
I'm proud of my labels. They help people to identify me...

Are you against Identity Politics?

Theo1689

Ridiculous. He parrots some points from those who claim to be followers of Calvin.

I've never met ANYONE who "claim to be followers of Calvin".

His theology has evolved over the years since he first tried to convince people he was an educated Calvinist that deserved to be in the "spotlight".

So he's not an "educated Calvinist"?
(Again, why are you so obsessed with White that you hvae studied "his theology ... over the years"?)

Was that at " Faraston Theological Seminary"?

You clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

Geesh. I don't really care.

Really?
Then WHY do you keep bringing up "White"?
WHY do you keep bringing up his theology?
WHY do you keep bringing up his training?

It seems that you really DO care.
You seem to realize that you can't refute Calvinism, so you try to attack White instead.

I don't care what men say about his "education". It is just silly to be caught up in such things.

Then why did YOU bring it up?

I'm not alone. Jesus Christ is with me. I have the Spirit of God like anyone else that claims heritage in the Beloved.

Yeah, Mormons and JW's claim that as well.
And it's just as false when they claim it.

Keep following men, your theology is shallow because of your choices.

Your false accusations are amusing...

preacher4truth

@praise_yeshua why are you so obsessed with slandering James White, making false accusations on Calvinists (more slander), and misrepresenting others (yet again, more slander)? I know what Scripture calls this, do you?

Beloved Daughter

Sheltered life.....

I studied his theology in interacting with him and those who prefer to reference him. I'm not obsessed. Obsession is your little "buss" word for those you don't like.

I brought him up to someone else that is his follower and you injected yourself in the conversation. Did you forget?

False again. You can't get past the first few talking points without exiting the conversation. Remember, I was talking to someone directly connected to White and YOU extended the conversation.

Because he obviously cared enough to seek to please his critics by going somewhere else.

No. They claim Smith/Young and Russell. False equivalence.

My goodness, gracious . . . what a diversion on your part. BTW, you never responded to video I posted. I never mentioned James White. No one in the video mentioned James White. But you saw an opportunity to inflame tempers, and create division.

So sorry that didn't work out for you. It seems the other posters supported me.

But since you insist on discussing White, I'm most pleased to tell you that he, along with Jeff Durbin are my Pastors. They both preach the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Then there is this. Everyone saw you dodge, duck, and hide out to the tall weeds and use ad hom. The gospel of Jesus Christ is sacred, treat it as such.

Beloved Daughter

That definitely applies to you James Whiteism.

God doesn't always get what He desires. That is clear in the very existence of sin. Does the existence of sin mean that God always has His way? I suppose you believe that sin is the "Good Pleasure" of His will?
Yes, God does get what He desires. Unfortunately it seems that you don't like it. You are not a mind reader and neither am I.

Paul said this in Ephesians:

Ephesians 1:3-11English Standard Version (ESV)

Spiritual Blessings in Christ

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, 4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love 5 he predestined us[a] for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, 8 which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight 9 making known[b] to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ 10 as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.

11 In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,

ReverendRV

That is sad. Really sad. When someone askes me "Who do you say Jesus is?"....

I preached to them Jesus. I don't start with some lame group of titles that don't add to anything worth repeating.
Like I said, it's Shorthand for what I believe; to people who are in the know. It's why I wanted to know your Denomination, etc. Knowing that stuff can help me cut to the chase with you; help me find your corners and,,, corner you. You know my corners; you told me what your former corners were. So without you telling me your current Denomination, favored Doctrines, etc; it's like playing 20 Questions until I figure you out...

I'm going back to work today or tomorrow, so I'm going to pick and choose my discussions more carefully due to limited time here. When I limit myself, I usually avoid people who I think just want to Grump...

What's your primary Objection to Reformed Theology, Calvinism, TULIP; whatever you want to call it?

Last edited:

Carbon

I don't fit in the molds you recognize. When I try to show that I don't, you force me in one anyway. Shorthand doesn't work on me or for me.
Really though, who cares.
Although I know you believe in free will, it don’t really matter if your Arminian or whatever. Freewillism is good enough.
I've tried for years to deal with Calvinists based upon their confessions and "statements of faith". It doesn't work. I'll pin them down and they'll just say that they don't believe it the way they SAID they believe it. Or they'll do like White's followers and say they don't believe it the way "White says".
Well, pin us down here on CARM then. Show us. Personally I believe your limited in your understanding, so when a Calvinist tries to explain something to you, you just don’t get it. Therefore, their wrong, because it don’t compute.
Like I always say.....Either make the argument your own or stop appealing to others. I've spent a lot of wasted time myself with people that don't know why they believe what they believe. They just parrot what others say until it doesn't get them anywhere. Then they just roll their eyes and ignore you.
Well start a thread and pin us down.

Theo1689

Well, pin us down here on CARM then. Show us. Personally I believe your limited in your understanding, so when a Calvinist tries to explain something to you, you just don’t get it. Therefore, their wrong, because it don’t compute.

That's it in a nutshell.
He is not so much saying that Calvinism disagrees with the Bible, but that Calvinism disagrees with his INTERPRETATION of the Bible.

Many people can't distinguish between what the Bible actually says, and what their interpretation is. They want to believe that there is only one interpretation, and it happens to be what THEY believe.

Like when someone inserts the word "libertarianly" into every verse of Scripture.

Or when someone reads a passage about God "wielding" Assyria like a club, and re-interpreting it to say God "reacted" to what Assyria did.

Carbon

I have. You say I don't. At best, you have a rudimentary understanding of Calvinism. You will not get into details at all. You abandon conversations when they get into details.
That’s because it goes over your head. I may not have the knowledge some other calvinists do here on CARM but I believe I do just fine.
I find it difficult to debate with you because you don’t understand.
I have. Sometimes I get "divisive post" warnings. I get threads deleted. I get my username renamed to something silly. The only way I'm allowed by any of you to communicate is if I play in your existing little "sandboxes". I'm not going to do that. You limit the discussion before it ever begins.
Okay then, nice copout.
You personally, you just keep repeating yourself.
I feel I have to, hoping someday it breaks through