If someone says "a thousand years is not a literal thousand years,"

Yahchristian

If someone says "a thousand years is not a literal thousand years," they still have to determine for themselves what amount of time the thousand years represents, if, in fact, it is figurative language.

Prophetically, I believe...
A “day” represents 1 year.
A “week” represents 7 years.
A “month” represents 30 years.
A “time” represents 360 years.
A “year” represents a revolution of the earth around the sun.

So the “thousand years” represents “a thousand revolutions of the earth around the sun”.

How would YOU fill in the blanks?

Prophetically...
A “day” represents ________.
A “week” represents ________.
A “month” represents ________.
A “time” represents ________.
A “year” represents ________.
A “thousand years” represents ________.

S.T.Ranger

So the “thousand years” represents “a thousand revolutions of the earth around the sun”.

Prophetically...

1. A day is used to represent several periods of time: it is used as a 24 hour period (and qualified by statements like "the evening and the morning ..."); it is used to represent an age or specific timeframe in history, such as in "... until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.," or, "Abraham rejoiced to see my day."

2. The term "week" as found in Daniel's Prophecy is šāḇûaʿ: it simply means a period of seven. It can be used to speak of a "prophetic week" as it does in Daniel 9:24-27, and can refer to a seven-day period.

The burden is on those who try to whitewash every use of the word when it relates to prophecy. So perhaps you can supply prophecy that uses week where a seven-day period is involved. The context will supply what is in view, and it is not an authorization to make blanket conclusions outside of the context as you do in the next example:

3. A month doesn't represent 30 years.

Please provide the Scripture you would use to support that.

Genesis 7:11
In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

Is this referring to the second 30 year period in the 600th year of Noah's life?

Month would refer to a 30 day period, and if you have a usage of month where it is 30 years please supply it.

4. A "time" always represents one year. Hence, a time, times (multiple years) and half a time always refer to a 3 1/2 year period/

You're not allowed to just make stuff up.

;)

Daniel 12:7
And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

Daniel helps us understand the timeframe when he goes on to say:

Daniel 12:11-12 King James Version

11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

A year in their reckoning would be 360 days. We see, first, that there is a 30-day period added to the time period (1,290) that begins when the Abomination of Desolation takes place. Then we see another 45 days added (1.335 days).

Involved are regular old days and years in the prophecy.

And in case you're interested, it is my view that the first 30-day period begins at the end of the Tribulation, and the gathering unto judgment in the Sheep and Goat judgment takes place. The second period will be the establishment of the Kingdom itself.

So the thousand-year period Christ rules over will begin 75 days after His Return and Satan is bound at His Return.

That gives Satan 75 days at the end of the Millennial Kingdom to do his gathering by deceiving the nations and going to war against the saints.

Pretty cool, no?

5. A year represents a year. A year is 360 days.

6. A thousand years represents a thousand years. It consists of one thousand 360 day periods.

There is nothing in Prophecy to create a fanciful method of interpreting time periods.

It's not done elsewhere, so why do it in Revelation 20?

God bless.

S.T.Ranger

So it would be one thousand 360-day periods just like it is everywhere else in Scripture, right?

God bless.

Yahchristian

3. A month doesn't represent 30 years.

Please provide the Scripture you would use to support that.

Revelation 11:2-3 shows that 42 prophetic months equals 1,260 prophetic days. In other words, 1 prophetic month equals 30 prophetic days...

But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months. And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

And Numbers 14:34 shows that 1 prophetic day equals 1 year...

After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise.

Genesis 7:11
In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

Is this referring to the second 30 year period in the 600th year of Noah's life?

No. That passage is just historical, not prophetic.

S.T.Ranger

Revelation 11:2-3 shows that 42 prophetic months equals 1,260 prophetic days. In other words, 1 prophetic month equals 30 prophetic days...

Not sure what it is you are trying to say, lol.

30 days equals a month whether it is prophetic or not. In the Prophecy days and months are used they are 24 hour periods and 30 day periods.

After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise.

Consider:

Numbers 13:25
And they returned from searching of the land after forty days.

Now look at your proof text:

The reference to forty days refers to the fact that they spyed out the land for forty days.

There is a year given for each of those days: forty years.

In both, the day remains a 24-hour period and a year remains 1 360-day period.

If we try to interpret by such fanciful method we would conclude this:

Genesis 50:3
And forty days were fulfilled for him; for so are fulfilled the days of those which are embalmed: and the Egyptians mourned for him threescore and ten days.

... means forty days isn't really forty days, it's 70 days.

Understand?

No. That passage is just historical, not prophetic.

You think it is prophetic because of your method of hermeneutics.

If you interpret based on realities rather than the magic decoder ring you just might see that it is literal.

So you do not believe in the Flood?

God bless.

Yahchristian

5. A year represents a year. A year is 360 days.

6. A thousand years represents a thousand years. It consists of one thousand 360 day periods.

But a year is NOT 360 days.

The Jews use a lunisolar calendar so that the Passover is always in the Spring. That meant the months fluctuated between 29 and 30 days long.

The very fact that prophecies equate 42 months exactly with 1,260 days shows those prophetic dates have a figurative meaning.

Let me ask you...

How many harvests will there be during the 1,000 year Millennium?

I say 1,000.

Exodus 34:22... And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year's end.

Did the Jews always celebrate Passover in the Spring?

I say Yes.

Leviticus 23:5... In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD'S passover.

Which is longer, "one week" or "forty and two months"?

I say "forty and two months" is much longer that "one week".

Daniel 9:27... And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Revelation 13:5... And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Yahchristian

30 days equals a month whether it is prophetic or not. In the Prophecy days and months are used they are 24 hour periods and 30 day periods.

Just to clarify your understanding of the Jewish calendar...

How many months are in a Jewish year?

I say some have 12 and others have 13.

How many days are in a Jewish month?

I say some are 29 and others are 30.

S.T.Ranger

But a year is NOT 360 days.

A year, in Scripture, is 360 days.

You aren't going to change that. Break out a calculator, and divide 1,260 by 360. Times 42 by 30. You'll find the same time, times, and half a time that Prophecy has been foretelling for almost 3,000 years.

I'm sorry, but that isn't going to change.

God bless.

S.T.Ranger

Just to clarify your understanding of the Jewish calendar...

How many months are in a Jewish year?

I say some have 12 and others have 13.

How many days are in a Jewish month?

I say some are 29 and others are 30.

I could care less about the Jewish Calendar, it isn't found in Scripture.

What I care about is what the Prophecy actually states.

And that is forty-two months, one thousand two hundred and sixty days, and time, times, and half a time.

When you go outside of Scripture and appeal to elements that belong to modern man you will go outside of the parameters that we are given in Scripture.

Gotta go, so I will check back tomorrow.

God bless.

S.T.Ranger

The Jews use a lunisolar calendar

The Jews are also the people that the judgment of the Seventy Weeks was levied upon.

They rejected Christ, remember?

To appeal to their calendar makes no sense whatsoever. That is like trying to prove there is no resurrection because the Sadducees didn't, lol.

Or trying to prove Jesus was not the Christ because they don't believe.

But, we can trust the math given us in Scripture.

Seventy sevens understood to be units of years. Christ cut off at the end of 69 years being fulfilled.

One more seven-year period to go. And if you read Revelation you will see that the Two witnesses minister for a 3 1/2 year period that has them invincible. No man can harm him, and if they even try they're destroyed.

Next, we see that the Beast has a 3 1/2 year period over which he reigns. He seeks to persecute Israel and "the remnant." Right now Jews are the Remnant, but when the time of the Gentiles is fulfilled Gentiles will be the Remnant. You could view the remnant simply to refer to the rest of the Jews, but this makes more sense to me.

So we have to keep the math straight: A + A is never going to make B.

;)

God bless.

Yahchristian

A year, in Scripture, is 360 days.

You aren't going to change that. Break out a calculator, and divide 1,260 by 360. Times 42 by 30. You'll find the same time, times, and half a time that Prophecy has been foretelling for almost 3,000 years.

Just to clarify...

Is every reference to years in the Bible (not just prophetic passages) referring to 360-day periods of time?

So when the Bible says Adam lived 930 years, that means 930 x 360 days. Etc.

It seems like that is what you are saying, but could you please confirm or deny that.

S.T.Ranger

Just to clarify...

Is every reference to years in the Bible (not just prophetic passages) referring to 360-day periods of time?

So when the Bible says Adam lived 930 years, that means 930 x 360 days. Etc.

It seems like that is what you are saying, but could you please confirm or deny that.

Yes, I would confirm that Adam's lifespan is said to be 930 360-day periods.

See you tomorrow, really going this time.

;)

God bless.

Yahchristian

You'll find the same time, times, and half a time that Prophecy has been foretelling for almost 3,000 years.

I am curious...

Are you aware that the most common Protestant view 80 years ago was that "a time, and times, and half a time" equals 1,260 YEARS (not days)?

Revelation 12:14... And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

I know you do not think it means years. I am just asking if you were aware that most Protestants 80 years ago did.

It seems not many people today are aware of the history of Protestant views of eschatology.

Last edited:

Yahchristian

Yes, I would confirm that Adam's lifespan is said to be 930 360-day periods.

How long have you been studying eschatology?

Just about every Dispensationalist I have conversed with would say years in the Bible are based on the Hebrew calendar where one year equals 365 or 366 days.

They simply say "when it comes to prophecy" a Babylonian calendar was used where one year equals 360 days.

But YOU actually believe a 360-day year was used throughout the Bible.

So the 480 years below were actually 473 years on our calendar.

Correct?

1 Kings 6:1... And it came to pass in the four hundred and eightieth year after the children of Israel were come out of the land of Egypt, in the fourth year of Solomon's reign over Israel, in the month Zif, which is the second month, that he began to build the house of the LORD.

S.T.Ranger

How long have you been studying eschatology?

Just about every Dispensationalist I have conversed with would say years in the Bible are based on the Hebrew calendar where one year equals 365 or 366 days.

They simply say "when it comes to prophecy" a Babylonian calendar was used where one year equals 360 days.

But YOU actually believe a 360-day year was used throughout the Bible.

So the 480 years below were actually 473 years on our calendar.

Correct?

1 Kings 6:1... And it came to pass in the four hundred and eightieth year after the children of Israel were come out of the land of Egypt, in the fourth year of Solomon's reign over Israel, in the month Zif, which is the second month, that he began to build the house of the LORD.

Incorrect.

If it says 480 then that is what it is.

Just as the time given for a year is given in 360-day increments.

In Daniel, there would have been 24,840 days in the total of the 69 Weeks that have already been fulfilled. There will be 2,520 days total in the Tribulation, plus two additional periods given after the 1,260-day second period which begins when the Abomination of Desolation begins (which is the mid-point of the Tribulation and coincides with the death, resurrection, and rapture of the Two Witnesses):

Daniel 12:6-12 King James Version

6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?

7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?

9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

12 Blessed is he that waiteth,
and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

I believe that 75 days will start with Satan's binding (which gives him 75 days to gather the wicked multitude), the gathering that results in the Sheep and Goat Judgment, and the establishing of the Millennial Kingdom. Because the Kingdom doesn't officially start until 75 days after the Lord's Return, Satan will have that 75 days to work his mischief when he is loosed upon the world again.

As far as how long I have been studying Eschatology, since 95. 365 days in most of those years. Not sure about leap years, I just don't clutter up the attic with irrelevant information.

;)

God bless.

armylngst

Prophetically...
A day represents a day [unless it is further defined in the context of prophecy as being different] and so on down the fill in the blanks. In Daniel, when Daniels speaks of the 70 weeks, he defined exactly what he meant. That is how we know the one week represented 7 years, as Daniel said so. Note how when prophesying the coming of Christ, the time given was exact, not allegorized.

Yahchristian

In Daniel, when Daniels speaks of the 70 weeks, he defined exactly what he meant. That is how we know the one week represented 7 years, as Daniel said so.

Just to clarify our views...

Does the one week represent...
A
) 7 years on the Jewish calendar
B) 6 years 10 months on the Jewish calendar

I say A.

armylngst

Just to clarify our views...

Does the one week represent...
A
) 7 years on the Jewish calendar
B) 6 years 10 months on the Jewish calendar

I say A.
I would have to read the passage again, because it is defined there. The church father's spoke of their tribulation as 3 1/2 years based on an actual year, so I'm not sure. The closest thing to a rapture given by the early church fathers is mid-trib.

Yahchristian

The church father's spoke of their tribulation as 3 1/2 years based on an actual year, so I'm not sure.

And by “an actual year” are you referring to the 365-366 days it takes for the earth to circle the sun?

That is what I mean by “an actual year”.

S.T.Ranger

I am curious...

Are you aware that the most common Protestant view 80 years ago was that "a time, and times, and half a time" equals 1,260 YEARS (not days)?

Revelation 12:14... And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

I know you do not think it means years. I am just asking if you were aware that most Protestants 80 years ago did.

It seems not many people today are aware of the history of Protestant views of eschatology.

Sorry, I missed this one: what does the view of people 1,500 years after Revelation and nearly another thousand since Daniel have to do with anything?

It's right there in Scripture. That's what you have to go by.

A "time, times, and half a time" is 3 1/2 years. 1,2260 days. Forty-two months.

How Scripture defines the time period is the only authoritative definition.

God bless.