If the following is true:

Calvinists do not posses the same knowledge that God has, of who He has chosen to save; therefore, they proclaim the gospel message to all and then they leave it up to God who He wants to effectively bring to Himself through the message proclaimed.
Is it that you don't have the knowledge of God that he doesn't want to save all or are you rather resisting it and rejecting it.? 2 Peter 8:3,9 says God is not willing that ANY should perish but that all should come to repentance. Now I know what Calvinists like to try to say about that verse and I don't buy it for a moment neither do all non-Calvinists. Forgive me but you may not think you have the knowledge of God on this but that doesn't mean you haven't.

Calvinists also see the need to proclaim because God has commanded them to go and proclaim the gospel.
Problem with what you're saying is you believe God leads people to carry out a certain action which takes time and energy....time which takes away from parents being home with their families and have them involved in a useless vain endeavor. The non-Calvinists can have peace to know that they were agents whereby someone was given a REAL chance of getting saved. If they still, choose not to at least they were agents of God's love given them their opportunity. Many other questions could be asked. Would it be kind and loving for God to ask one to do something so vain and a waste. God always instructs us to redeem the time and make it count. Eph 5:16 And why should you think that God is asking YOU to work with people when he's not willing to? Scripture is clear. Do unto others as you would have them do to you. Matt 7:12

Can you elaborate?

It was a comment regarding choice.

And IMO .... it works both ways.

Many are called few are chosen.

If I'm not chosen ......... then I am not chosen.

But I don't have to accept their converion thingy either.

Last edited:
Is it that you don't have the knowledge of God that he doesn't want to save all

No, that's not it.

or are you rather resisting it and rejecting it.?

Nope, that's not it either.

2 Peter 8:3,9 says God is not willing that ANY should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Thank you for citing v.8 (I believe you meant, "3:8,9", but whatever...).
That very citation proves you wrong, since it proves the passage isn't "universal", but only refers to God's "beloved":

2Pet. 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Now I know what Calvinists like to try to say about that verse and I don't buy it for a moment neither do all non-Calvinists. Forgive me but you may not think you have the knowledge of God on this but that doesn't mean you haven't.

Any atheist English major (with no "dog in the hunt") can explain to you that the passage is LIMITED by the CONTEXT of "beloved" and "us-ward", especially when contrasted with the "them" at the beginning of the chapter.

Problem with what you're saying is you believe God leads people to carry out a certain action which takes time and energy....time which takes away from parents being home with their families and have them involved in a useless vain endeavor. The non-Calvinists can have peace to know that they were agents whereby someone was given a REAL chance of getting saved.

God doesn't deal with "chances".
He either "saves", or He doesn't.
"Save or save not, there is no try"

If they still, choose not to at least they were agents of God's love given them their opportunity.

UnBiblical.

God is also responsible for our sins.
He has certainly provided for us to be forgiven our sins, but what sort of God would He be if He caused us to sin and then penalised and punished those who He didn't want to pardon?

Jas 1:12-18 Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him.

(13) When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He tempt anyone. (14) But each one is tempted when by his own evil desires he is lured away and enticed. (15) Then after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

(16) Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. (17) Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, with whom there is no change or shifting shadow. (18) He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we would be a kind of firstfruits of His creation.

He has certainly provided for us to be forgiven our sins, but what sort of God would He be if He caused us to sin and then penalised and punished those who He didn't want to pardon?

Jas 1:12-18 Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him.

(13) When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He tempt anyone. (14) But each one is tempted when by his own evil desires he is lured away and enticed. (15) Then after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

(16) Do not be deceived, my beloved brothers. (17) Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, with whom there is no change or shifting shadow. (18) He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we would be a kind of firstfruits of His creation.
I guess you deny original sin?

I just wanted to say thanks for all the positive conversations this morning with those from both sides of the fence .
Yes it's been quite an enjoyable. Seems the last few days have been rather calm, The Arminianism & Calvinism Board was calm as a lake, the low clouds were breaking up and the sun was finally beginning to peak through.

Yes it's been quite an enjoyable. Seems the last few days have been rather calm, The Arminianism & Calvinism Board was calm as a lake, the low clouds were breaking up and the sun was finally beginning to peak through.
Amen brother and I’ve enjoyed reading your posts even though we disagree . ??

I guess you deny original sin?
Not at all. The origin of sin is not difficult to trace, sin being whatever is contrary to God's Will. Obviously Lucifer had a will of his own so his acting contrary to God's Will cannot be blamed on God.

It is reasonable to deduce that the close relationship between God and His newly created beings gave Lucifer motive to manifest the "multitude of iniquities" mentioned when he yielded to pride in his own glory, as the text explains. Here it is again . . .

Eze 28:13-18 You were in Eden, the garden of God. Every precious stone adorned you: ruby, topaz, emerald, chrysolite, onyx, jasper, sapphire, turquoise, and beryl. Gold work of tambourines and of pipes was in you. They were prepared in the day that you were created. (14) You were the anointed cherub who covers. Then I set you up on the holy mountain of God. You have walked up and down in the middle of the stones of fire. (15) You were perfect in your ways from the day that you were created, until unrighteousness/iniquity was found in you. (16) By the abundance of your commerce, your insides were filled with violence, and you have sinned. Therefore I have cast you as profane out of God’s mountain. I have destroyed you, covering cherub, from the middle of the stones of fire.

• (17) Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty. You have corrupted your wisdom by reason of your splendor. I have cast you to the ground. I have laid you before kings, that they may see you.
  • (18) By the multitude of your iniquities, in the unrighteousness of your commerce, you have profaned your sanctuaries. Therefore I have brought out a fire from the middle of you. It has devoured you. I have turned you to ashes on the earth in the sight of all those who see you.

Back