If the Republican party splits....?

HillsboroMom

This poll is primarily intended for Republicans:

If the Republican Party split into two factions -- Pro-Trump and everyone else -- which would you be?
-- Follow Trump, wherever he goes?
-- Follow the rest of the party and let Trump go
-- Neither, leave both parties and join some other third party or just not vote
-- Some other option?

Thistle

If the Republican Party split into two factions -- Pro-Trump and everyone else -- which would you be?
Well, the difficulty with the question as you have posed it, is this. All the votes to have a viable party are on Trumps side, and all the elitist scumbags that get reelected, because they've engineered their local Congressional districts and local politics so that a primary challenge is impossible are on the other.

The real question is, can the Republican party cleans itself from the stain on humanity that is elitism. Nothing will ever change this fundamental question.

Electric Skeptic

Well, the difficulty with the question as you have posed it, is this. All the votes to have a viable party are on Trumps side, and all the elitist scumbags that get reelected, because they've engineered their local Congressional districts and local politics so that a primary challenge is impossible are on the other.

The real question is, can the Republican party cleans itself from the stain on humanity that is elitism. Nothing will ever change this fundamental question.
I'm curious - does "elitist scumbags" mean "Republicans who aren't Trump fans/supporters"?

vibise

Actually those engineered districts were gerrymandered to keep Republicans in office, which means that while the Republican will always beat the Dem, the greatest fear of those office-holders is to be primaried by someone further to the right, namely a Trumpist.

Just look at the Republicans retiring from office rather than face RW extremist challengers.

Faithoverbelief

-- Follow Trump, wherever he goes?
-- Follow the rest of the party and let Trump go
-- Neither, leave both parties and join some other third party or just not vote
-- Some other option?
It is possible I could side with the new party of Republicans. I used to be a registered Republican but the party left me going too far to the right. Depends on their policies.

Thistle

Actually those engineered districts were gerrymandered to keep Republicans in office,
No, no, no, no, no . . . it has nothing to do with Republicans or Democrats. It is 100% actual representatives of the people vs. despicable elitist globalist scum who are itching to sell us out to the CCP to add a few more million or billion dollars to their collection.
which means that while the Republican will always beat the Dem, the greatest fear of those office-holders is to be primaried by someone further to the right, namely a Trumpist.
Oh, good old Mitch has the backs of the despicable elitist globalist scum. His interests are right in line.
Just look at the Republicans retiring from office rather than face RW extremist challengers.
I think you are missing the point. Trump ran on an actual agenda. He stormed in like a bull in the China CCP shop, and made these guy take votes that their real constituents the despicable elitist globalist scum didn't like. WHAT TO DO ?!?!?!?! I know, retire to K Street and really pull down the cash selling out Americans to the CCP. That's the ticket!

Thistle

I'm curious - does "elitist scumbags" mean "Republicans who aren't Trump fans/supporters"?
It's the people who went into politics poor and retired to K Street rich, where they can really sell us out to the CCP with the enthusiasm befitting their ambition for selfenrichment at your expense.

Hypatia_Alexandria

It's the people who went into politics poor and retired to K Street rich, where they can really sell us out to the CCP with the enthusiasm befitting their ambition for selfenrichment at your expense.
Like Trump? His business interests have done rather nicely while he was a tenant at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

wiseones2cents

The question is......Who is the Republican party? Is it Pence or Trump, and who is the one that has to start their own party?

Is the republican party's strength, its elitist donators(who will most likely be behind Pence) who bankroll the party or the voters(who will most likely be behind Trump)?

In a true democracy it would be the later, but we know big business runs the parties, the voters are just to give them a sense of false participation.

Thistle

Like Trump? His business interests have done rather nicely while he was a tenant at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Prejudicial language notwithstanding, why did you even bother to send that item? Trump had been "impeached" twice sense that was written and not a bit of that theory was vindicated in either one. The article doesn't even allege he did anything wrong. If the implication behind the article was right, then George Washington would have had to have sold his farm. Everything about the reasoning behind it is completely nuts.

Electric Skeptic

Ah, so people who only exist in conservative fantasies.

Faithoverbelief

You dispute that Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, and Joe Biden came to Washington poor and left rich?
They came poor? Bwhahahaha! No national politician is poor, that is why we are a plutocracy and Trump is rich and had the wealthiest cabinet ever. It is so pitiful that there are people so vacuous of intelligence that they think Trump is not part of the problem and NONE of the answer.

vibise

No, no, no, no, no . . . it has nothing to do with Republicans or Democrats. It is 100% actual representatives of the people vs. despicable elitist globalist scum who are itching to sell us out to the CCP to add a few more million or billion dollars to their collection.

Oh, good old Mitch has the backs of the despicable elitist globalist scum. His interests are right in line.

I think you are missing the point. Trump ran on an actual agenda. He stormed in like a bull in the China CCP shop, and made these guy take votes that their real constituents the despicable elitist globalist scum didn't like. WHAT TO DO ?!?!?!?! I know, retire to K Street and really pull down the cash selling out Americans to the CCP. That's the ticket!
An entertaining diatribe!

I have to respond to the one actual point you made that can be addressed by those of us who live in reality. Trump did not run on an agenda. His campaign did not produce a platform, which is otherwise expected for a Presidential candidate, to clearly state priorities and outline policy proposals. When Hannity interviewed Trump he lobbed a softball question asking about Trump's second term objectives, and Trump could not provide a single point in response!