If you are disabled and cannot be immersed . . .

Beloved Daughter

See the comment section.

This is but one reason to disavow the SBC.

e v e 21

i read.

so not selected by God but by others in a congregation? A bit like bishops choosing a pope?

But God’s prophets are often not accepted by men.

101G

i read.

so not selected by God but by others in a congregation? A bit like bishops choosing a pope?

But God’s prophets are often not accepted by men.
correct, God set/Ordain in ... "HIS" ... Church which he is the Head of. scripture, 1 Corinthians 12:28 "And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues."
set is the Greek word,
G5087 τίθημι tithemi (tiy'-thee-miy) v.
θέω theo (the'-ō) [an alternate in certain tenses]
1. to place.
2. (properly) to lay in a passive or horizontal posture.
{in the widest application, literally and figuratively; differs from G2476, which properly denotes an upright and active position, while G2749 is properly reflexive and utterly prostrate}
[a prolonged form of a primary theo theh'-o (which is used only as alternate in certain tenses)]
KJV: + advise, appoint, bow, commit, conceive, give, X kneel down, lay (aside, down, up), make, ordain, purpose, put, set (forth), settle, sink down

Paul used the same word in his Ordination of being a preacher and apostle. 1 Timothy 2:7 "Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity."

and as for someone who is unable to be fully immersed. God knows every heart. let God lead you in what to do in a situation as this. for baptism is an ACT of FAITH.

:ninja:

SovereignGrace

See the comment section.

Working in the hospital field for 22 years, I’ve seen several things. A few years ago a patient where I currently work at had end stage COPD. He said the Lord saved him and wanted something done, but immersion was not an option, seeing he couldn’t cover his mouth and/or hold his breath that is required for baptism. No one that I’m aware of would do anything but immersion. I talked to one of the ICU nurses who was a baptist minister. I asked him about taking the patient in a wheelchair and using a shower. He was okay with it, so we took him in and covered him with water from the shower in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I went over the next night to talk to him and see how he was doing and he seemed to be at peace with what we did for him. A few days later he went home to be with the Lord.

101G

Working in the hospital field for 22 years, I’ve seen several things. A few years ago a patient where I currently work at had end stage COPD. He said the Lord saved him and wanted something done, but immersion was not an option, seeing he couldn’t cover his mouth and/or hold his breath that is required for baptism. No one that I’m aware of would do anything but immersion. I talked to one of the ICU nurses who was a baptist minister. I asked him about taking the patient in a wheelchair and using a shower. He was okay with it, so we took him in and covered him with water from the shower in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I went over the next night to talk to him and see how he was doing and he seemed to be at peace with what we did for him. A few days later he went home to be with the Lord.
on point.

Newbirth

That is a great story but how are we to know the end thereof? We should also look at the flipside as not to encourage people to continue in sin and expect a deathbed deliverance because God is not mocked...
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
13 And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;
16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.
17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

Beloved Daughter

That is a great story but how are we to know the end thereof? We should also look at the flipside as not to encourage people to continue in sin and expect a deathbed deliverance because God is not mocked...
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
SovereignGrace is absolutely correct. Your post is just speculation.

Newbirth

SovereignGrace is absolutely correct. Your post is just speculation.
So you are saying the scripture is speculation? Do you think that God is a psycho to put people in such a position? First of all, he said the patient said the Lord had saved him. If that were the case then what Sovereigngrace did was of no consequence... If he had really believed the man was saved he would have said... If you believe that God has saved you then you are saved. There is nothing more you need to do. The fact that he wanted to baptize the person means that he believed that the person was not saved and he needed to baptize him in order for him to be saved. So strong was his belief that baptism was necessary for the patient's salvation that he showered the patient to try to fulfill the water baptism.

Josheb

See the comment section.

Couple of observations:

This is the Baptism discussion board, not the Baptist discussion board. What does this op have to do with the theology of baptism?

The article contains only one line about baptism, and it is a question, not a statement, followed by an expression of the author's personal view, not a doctrinal position.

I didn't read anything about being disabled in the article. Is the well being poisoned?

It would appear the author share one thing in common with you = the ability to criticize the SBC. Despite his ability to also criticize the SBC he does advocate leaving the SBC.

Only the most ardent Baptist ideologues are inflexible and intolerant about immersion. Ideologues are never persuaded by reasonable and rational discourse.

While I understand personal anecdotal report is of limited validity, my observation is that the chief point of dispute isn't sprinkling versus immersion but baptized as an adult after confession of faith versus pedobaptism absent such a confession.

Newbirth

and as for someone who is unable to be fully immersed. God knows every heart. let God lead you in what to do in a situation as this. for baptism is an ACT of FAITH.
Baptism into Christ's death is an act of obedience...There is no command to shower.

Newbirth

I think they're saying your faulty interpretation of scripture is speculation.
That is what you think, something that you are not very good at. This is what I said ..."That is a great story but how are we to know the end thereof? We should also look at the flipside as not to encourage people to continue in sin and expect a deathbed deliverance because God is not mocked..."
I did not interpret the scripture I posted scripture to support what I wrote.
They are not saying scripture is speculation.
Of course, they are. Nothing I said is speculation. It was a great story but we don't know if the person is saved. and we should also look at the flipside as not to encourage people to continue in sin and expect a deathbed deliverance because God is not mocked...
Everything else is scripture...
She said my post is speculation 90% of my post is scripture.

CrowCross

That is what you think, something that you are not very good at.

Being the a$$ you are....I stopped reading your hateful post at this point.
This is what I said ..."That is a great story but how are we to know the end thereof? We should also look at the flipside as not to encourage people to continue in sin and expect a deathbed deliverance because God is not mocked..."
I did not interpret the scripture I posted scripture to support what I wrote.

Of course, they are. Nothing I said is speculation. It was a great story but we don't know if the person is saved. and we should also look at the flipside as not to encourage people to continue in sin and expect a deathbed deliverance because God is not mocked...
Everything else is scripture...
She said my post is speculation 90% of my post is scripture.

Newbirth

Being the a$$ you are....
That is not true, you are the one making yourself out to be one...and it proved that you are not good at thinking.
I stopped reading your hateful post at this point.
To say that my post is hateful would mean that you either read it or you are making a conclusion without first reading the post. either way it puts you in a predicament. You are either not speaking the truth about the stop reading or You are judging my words without reading them. Nice going.

Beloved Daughter

Couple of observations:

This is the Baptism discussion board, not the Baptist discussion board. What does this op have to do with the theology of baptism?

The article contains only one line about baptism, and it is a question, not a statement, followed by an expression of the author's personal view, not a doctrinal position.

I didn't read anything about being disabled in the article. Is the well being poisoned?

It would appear the author share one thing in common with you = the ability to criticize the SBC. Despite his ability to also criticize the SBC he does advocate leaving the SBC.

Only the most ardent Baptist ideologues are inflexible and intolerant about immersion. Ideologues are never persuaded by reasonable and rational discourse.

While I understand personal anecdotal report is of limited validity, my observation is that the chief point of dispute isn't sprinkling versus immersion but baptized as an adult after confession of faith versus pedobaptism absent such a confession.
Yes, I know. Set up the stocks and teach me a lesson.